• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Maybe they will make Own Tempo Rockruff raid exclusive. Or even dusk Lycanroc raid exclusive
This is what I'm thinking as well, I could see a special Max Raid event for the Isle of Armour that lets you get Own Tempo Rockruff and/or Dusk Lycanroc shortly after launch, but otherwise I can't see it being available in standard gameplay. I'd like it if they change Rockruff's evolution so Midday and Midnight Lycanroc are no longer version exclusive, it made sense for Sun and Moon (because, well, SUN and MOON), but for the Isle of Armour it would be great if you could get both Lycanrocs in one version of the game. On that note, I hope the Expansion Pass doesn't have too many version exclusive Pokemon (obviously most of the Legendaries will be, I'm talking about standard Pokemon), because I'm only really wanting to buy one version.

ShadowForce720

This is what I'm thinking as well, I could see a special Max Raid event for the Isle of Armour that lets you get Own Tempo Rockruff and/or Dusk Lycanroc shortly after launch, but otherwise I can't see it being available in standard gameplay. I'd like it if they change Rockruff's evolution so Midday and Midnight Lycanroc are no longer version exclusive, it made sense for Sun and Moon (because, well, SUN and MOON), but for the Isle of Armour it would be great if you could get both Lycanrocs in one version of the game. On that note, I hope the Expansion Pass doesn't have too many version exclusive Pokemon (obviously most of the Legendaries will be, I'm talking about standard Pokemon), because I'm only really wanting to buy one version.

Why would you need both versions for the version exclusive are you not able to online with your Switch and don’t have anyone near you who plays Pokémon and gas their own Switch?

Also in regards to Midday Lycanroc and Midnight Lycanroc being version exclusives in Sun and Moon this isn’t entirely true. As for whatever you could catch the other form in the wild in either game so really the only actual version exclusive thing was just the evolution method.

I mean sure the one of only things about Flapple and Appleton that is version exclusive about them is the items required to evolve one of them are normally version exclusive but it’s not like I can just go find an Appletun in Sword outside of joining a Max Raid Battle.

Yet for some reason I can catch a Midnight Lycanroc in Sun even though I can’t evolve my Rockruff in Pokémon Sun into a Midnight Last in Pokémon Sun.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Yeah, I'm hoping for the same thing. But I'm fully expecting them to do it like the ultra wilds legendaries. Where you get one part of a trio in each game, then a third by having the first part of the trio.

If I even get the expansion, maybe I'll agree to trade all of them with someone who gets the other version, then restart.

I'm also hoping VGC 2021/2022 will let you use pokemon that have been sent up through Home. Since I've already got the USUM legendaries. There will probably be a competition like VGC 16, allowing 2 box legendaries per team.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Yeah, I'm hoping for the same thing. But I'm fully expecting them to do it like the ultra wilds legendaries. Where you get one part of a trio in each game, then a third by having the first part of the trio.

If I even get the expansion, maybe I'll agree to trade all of them with someone who gets the other version, then restart.

I'm also hoping VGC 2021/2022 will let you use pokemon that have been sent up through Home. Since I've already got the USUM legendaries. There will probably be a competition like VGC 16, allowing 2 box legendaries per team.

Sadly I think the “Galar native” rule will still apply which is why previous Legendary Pokemon is intended to be available in Crown Tundra. It otherwise gives a slight unfair advantage to those that can transfer/trade legacy moves (Knock Off Incineroar, Tailwind and Toxic on things that don’t get it natively in Galar assuming they are not Move Tutor moves) compared to those that can’t.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Why would you need both versions for the version exclusive are you not able to online with your Switch and don’t have anyone near you who plays Pokémon and gas their own Switch?
The internet in my area isn't that great, I have trouble connecting to the Switch's online features, and when I do I can never find anyone near me who can trade.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I personally really want a Mega Flygon! I would and would change its stats to this:

Original stats:

HP 80
Attack 100
Defense80
Sp Defense 80
Sp Attack 80
Speed 100

Ability: Levitate

New Stats:

Hp:110
Attack:130
Defense:100
Sp Defense:100
Sp Attack 50
Speed:130

Ability:Adaptability

What do you all think??

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Forget Own Tempo, Lycanroc should just permanently get changed so that it becomes Midday at daytime, Dusk at Dusk, Midnight at night regardless of version of the game.

The fact that you could catch both in SM was just insulting, it's a 'version exclusive' that is just unnecessary. It should work like Espeon/Umbreon

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Of course we all wanted to see Mega Flygon (which sadly didn't come to light), but I would've liked it if the other starters got Megas like the Kanto and Hoenn starters did. I'd also love to see some Gen 7 and Gen 8 Pokémon get Megas, particularly Lycanroc, Silvally, Turtonator, Drampa, Appletun, Coalossal and Duraludon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mega Flygon since Game Freak came close to creating it before they changed their minds. I'd also like to see Mega Kairyu (Dragonite) be made, although I expect that we won't get any new Mega Evolutions until X/Y remakes are released, which will take ages.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Mega Flygon because we could've got one but the dreaded art block the artist had had to ruin it, Mega Dragonite (Maybe make it look sorta Dragonair-ish?), also Mega Arcanine but that's totally my bias speaking and I want it to get some attention.

Zorovolt

Champion of the Zora
Has anyone else started noticing the DLC is starting to be advertised? Since yesterday I've seen it advertised at the beginning of youtube videos and also facebook (clearly based on my visited sites!) I've only noticed since yesterday though, has anyone else noticed? Or has it been this way for a while? Of course, it still only says June 2020.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Has anyone else started noticing the DLC is starting to be advertised? Since yesterday I've seen it advertised at the beginning of youtube videos and also facebook (clearly based on my visited sites!) I've only noticed since yesterday though, has anyone else noticed? Or has it been this way for a while? Of course, it still only says June 2020.
I’ve been seeing it more since the Nintendo Direct Mini its been featured in. But they could still be pushing it more. Makes sense what with it coming out next month

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I’m also hoping the Relic items return and we can sell them for very high prices just like previous games. Maybe have the Relic Crown being found in an old abandoned castle full of ghosts and an Aegislash as the guardian of the treasure.

I was actually quite fascinated by the backstory of Undella Ruins. It gives just enough to tell you there's a story, but not enough to actually piece out together what actually happened in the past there. For that reason, I never sold off the Relic items, as it felt like there was too much history involved in them.

This was the same reason where one of the Gym Leaders (or former in Black 2 and White 2) is a museum curator, so you'd think Lenora would be able to tell you something about it. Then again, I think she's a paleontologist specifically, whereas this would be an archaeological thing.

Personally, that has always been one of the more annoying points of the game. It's one thing to have them both registered as owned, but it's another to have to have both of them at the same time. As someone who can't easily get Legendary Pokémon from other people I trust, it prevents me from doing equivalent trades over the GTS (like Reshiram for Zekrom or Entei for Raikou).

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
There's a whole thread where you can watch people try and read the tea leaves week after week because someone on YouTube posted a video.

https://forums.serebii.net/threads/...speculation-thread-spoiler-prone-area.668529/

Really fed up of seeing videos by RuffeledRowlet and HDvee posting crap like that all the time. I was cringing so hard at one video this week where RuffledRowlet saw an old post from 2017 on 4chan which said “8th gen Pokemon games will be pokemon Sword and Shield and Pokemon Time Diamond and Space Pearl” and then go on to confirm that because the post was from 2017, that meant it was confirmed because sword and shield came true. And really fed up of HDvee’s constant videos on rumours

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Looks like Gyrados is getting a G-Max form.......great more Kanto/fan favourite pandering. I’m starting to get fed up of this now, the only good thing from G-Max was at least Galar Pokemon got some too, and Garbardor. But still the rest were Kanto and the majority of Galarian forms and Galar evolutions were Kanto Pokemon too outside of Corsola and Zigzagoon line which was a huge improvement over Alolan forms. But still it’s becoming really frustrating that Charizard, Gengar and Gyrados are getting it all, Kanto pandering, Mega evolution and now G-Max forms

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Looks like Gyrados is getting a G-Max form.......great more Kanto/fan favourite pandering. I’m starting to get fed up of this now, the only good thing from G-Max was at least Galar Pokemon got some too, and Garbardor. But still the rest were Kanto and the majority of Galarian forms and Galar evolutions were Kanto Pokemon too outside of Corsola and Zigzagoon line which was a huge improvement over Alolan forms. But still it’s becoming really frustrating that Charizard, Gengar and Gyrados are getting it all, Kanto pandering, Mega evolution and now G-Max forms

I hate the idea for few reasons:
1. What the point of giving G-Max forms to Pokemon who already have a Mega?
2. They could've easily give one to Milotic instead. Same BST, same concept, Also is popular.
3. So far all Pokemon able to G-Max did so in the anime instead of using D-max (e.g. Ash's Pikachu, Wild Snorlax, Wild Drednaw). This will create a loop with Lance's Red Gyarados...

Let's hope we won't get a second G-max form for Charizard...