• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

cia_d_m

Okay, anyone here actually knows Gaelic? Because I can't find anything that makes sense for "hachd", which is apparently supposed to be a suffix. The best I could find is "mòrachadh" means "making big" or "exalting".

I speak Irish, which at times is mutually intelligible with Scottish Gaelic. Nothing jumps out in terms of ‘hachd’ as a suffix, though it does sound a bit similar to ‘ádh’ meaning ‘luck’ - ‘ádh mór’ is a phrase roughly meaning ‘good luck’, though that is a bit tenuous at best. It may be spelled ‘achdh’ in Scottish Gaelic, though I’d need to double check that. May well be a bit of plot inclusion. I do know the Pokémon translators aren’t necessarily averse to using linguistic corruptions or ‘sounds like’s in naming things.

Means "Old King Tree". It being connected to Calyrex is a common theory.

With ‘Righ’ being ‘king’ and ‘seann’ this is correct, though interestingly this doesn’t follow typical toponymy for Gaelic-derived place names. ‘Seann’ would generally be a prefix, not a suffix, as seen in place names like Shandon (An Sean Dún - the Old Fort). ‘Righ’ also isn’t a common inclusion in place names, though plot gives a bit of leeway here. Though it follows the general Gaelic linguistic patterns, it probably wouldn’t be a town name one would come across in Scotland (though I stand to be corrected), whilst Hulbury or Stow-on-Side would be very English names (and slightly more believable), though I suppose if it came down to simple catchiness, Righseann sounds a bit better than Seannrigh. Nonetheless, nice to see Gaelic inclusion where they probably could’ve gotten away without any.
Well done, by the way, on putting all of that together, it was an excellent read and very thorough analysis.

The Irish (as in the real-world Irish) would definitely NOT take well to Ireland being considered a part of Galar.
Uh, rather incorrect. I remember when it was announced, myself and other Irish pokemon fans were quite excited at the possibility there would be some sort of Irish inclusion, and a bit disappointed when it turned out to be a very English affair. If anything, it would probably get coverage in the national newspapers. Plus at the end of the day, it’s a fantasy kids game with no expectation of real-life adherence. Irish people are... very well aware that Ireland and Britain are geographically close, I wouldn’t expect any animosity there, and I especially wouldn’t expect any pseudo-political commentary in relation to the Northern Ireland situation. It’s hardly likely to be the sole cause of the collapse of Stormont, though I have no doubt some MLAs or TDs would dramatically misinterpret what the games are about, to hilarious results.

Orphalesion

Ireland deserves it's own region. That's all I'm gonna say on that topic and personally I found it pretty annoying when so many people hoped for the IoA to be Ireland.
Not sure what to think of additional DLC, I was kinda disappointed by the way IoA was handled, but maybe I'll like CT better.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The new event is gonna be quite a treat for non DLC players.

And a treat for me as it has a higher chance for Shiny Coefable. ;)

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The new event is gonna be quite a treat for non DLC players.

And a treat for me as it has a higher chance for Shiny Coefable. ;)
I found a five star Clefable but I don’t think it was Shiny. I hosted a Raid online to take it out and succeeded but I failed to catch it. But still not too bad finding other players online who joined in rather quickly for once than only one or two deciding to join me as usual and I got another Dazzling Gleam TR which is one of the best Fairy type moves out there.

ShadowForce720

I found a five star Clefable but I don’t think it was Shiny. I hosted a Raid online to take it out and succeeded but I failed to catch it. But still not too bad finding other players online who joined in rather quickly for once than only one or two deciding to join me as usual and I got another Dazzling Gleam TR which is one of the best Fairy type moves out there.

If you want to know if a Clefable is shiny look at the tips of it’s ears as on a Shiny Clefable they will be Green instead of Black.

Now if you look up there and you don’t see any Green at all then it means it’s not a Shiny Clefable.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I'm guessing this trailer will give a release date (or tell us if there's going to be a delay), reveal Galarian Slowking, tell us more about Calyrex, and "confirm" some returning old Pokemon that anyone who's seen the datamine will already know about. I hope they also say in this trailer at what point we can go to the Crown Tundra, if it's like the Isle of Armour in that you can go there as early as after your first visit to the Wild Area, or if you need to wait until post-game or after you've done the Isle of Armour's story, because everything about the Crown Tundra screams post-game to me.

Last edited:

Bus

I'm guessing this trailer will give a release date (or tell us if there's going to be a delay), reveal Galarian Slowking, tell us more about Calyrex and "confirm" some returning old Pokemon that anyone who's seen the datamine will already know about.
Going by the datamine, they've got more than just that to show.

The pokemon returning
Galarian Birds & Slowking
New Regis
Calyrex
The Ultra Beasts mini story in addition to the other mini chapter 'arcs'
The 2 new legend Horses that supposedly fuse with Calyrex
Another DLC expansion if that rumor on Scepter Sea was correct

ebevan91

I wonder if any other starter trios will get G-Max forms.

Alola or
Hoenn

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I wonder if any other starter trios will get G-Max forms.

Alola or
Hoenn
What about Johto? They have literally gotten nothing special. I know the same goes for the Sinnoh, Kalos, and Unova starters but Sinnoh is probably getting something in a remake if there is one, the Kalos starters’ midstages are available for capture in the Friend Safari, and the Unova Starters can be transferred from Gen VII to SwSh via Home. The Johto starters seem to always get the short end of the stick with Chikorita getting it the worst as hardly anyone picks it due to how awful it is in a majority of Gym battles.