• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

Remember seeing these at some point months prior in the past? These are supposedly some sort of leak of what the Crown Tundra plot will be like where it's split into 4 chapters, hence the Paper Mario reference I did there. Although this should be taken with a grain of salt. Won't really believe it until I actually see it. Unless this was debunked a long time ago and I never found out.
THANKYOU :) Btw, there was any mention of a new town in the datamine?

ShadowForce720

Well not exactly. And this is old anyways, just bringing it back up since we’re getting closer to the CT and I’m still curious if this will hold when the CT releases.
Just pointing this out but the datamines aren’t supposed stuff, they are actually legit datamines. What happened was that when Gamefreak update the game with the Isle of Armor stuff they also included part of the Crown Tundra stuff.

The datamines aren’t rumors, heck there is a reason why the rumors never try to pass themselves off as actual datamines.

Plus it’s not like people don’t have access to the Isle of Armor now. I’m not sure why the idea of the Isle of Armor being datamined and getting some Crown Tundra is suddenly Rocket science.

Last edited:

divinepokemonXZ

The Beast That Eat Dragon Types for Breakfast
The data-mine suggests the Hoenn starters are returning, is there a reason why only the Hoenn starters and not the others are coming back?

I ain't complaining, I want to see how Swampert reacts to curry, but it seems random ...

PsychoLogical

The data-mine suggests the Hoenn starters are returning, is there a reason why only the Hoenn starters and not the others are coming back?

I ain't complaining, I want to see how Swampert reacts to curry, but it seems random ...
No idea, tho some people have been theorizing that Mega Evolution may return somewhat since a very strong number of the random mons returning according to the datamine that aren't Legendaries have Mega Evolutions but even that is a long stretch to say the least.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I personally can't see Mega Evolution returning since it was supposed to be an exclusive for the generation that introduced it.

I'm hoping we see a better regional variant with Crown Tundra, the Slowpoke line was a little underwhelming for me.

ShadowForce720

I personally can't see Mega Evolution returning since it was supposed to be an exclusive for the generation that introduced it.

I'm hoping we see a better regional variant with Crown Tundra, the Slowpoke line was a little underwhelming for me.
And yet it still returned in Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, and even returned in Let’s Go Pikachu and Let’s Go Eevee.

Sure those games didn’t introduce any new Mega Evolutions but the fact that they were still in those gen 7 games basically undermines the whole argument that the existing Mega Evolutions can’t return because Mega Evolution was supposed to be exclusive to gen 6.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
If Megas come back I’m quitting competitive battling since combining them with legendaries AND Dynamax will absolutely obliterate the metagame

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

I want to see Crygonal eat a spicy curry.

If Megas come back I’m quitting competitive battling since combining them with legendaries AND Dynamax will absolutely obliterate the metagame
I'm sure they know how grossly overpowered things would be if a Mega Evolution were allowed to Dynamax...or even be on the same team that would allow for Dynamax. Logically, you'd be required to pick one or the other. (And maybe between those two and Z-Moves...which I'd like to see return solely to be able to see the trainers do weird dances.)

Akashin

What? Trainer Customization was the thing that was 'supposed' to be unique to Kalos. Nobody with any say over anything ever said anything to the same effect for Mega Evolution, as far as I am aware.

Z Moves are far more tied to the region they originate from than Mega Evolution is, in any case.

Heatleo

Older Pokemon Trainer
This is something related to Crown Tundra. There was a pokenchi stream a few minutes ago that was really bad, but there’s something in it that people will like or hate about dynamax adventures lol. I can’t wait for the dlc to arrive soon enough.

lolipiece

Shaving Sphinxes
Staff member
This is something related to Crown Tundra. There was a pokenchi stream a few minutes ago that was really bad, but there’s something in it that people will like or hate about dynamax adventures lol. I can’t wait for the dlc to arrive soon enough.
You could tell people what it is, y'know. Anyways, you're guaranteed to catch a Legendary, but you can only get each one once.

Heatleo

Older Pokemon Trainer
You could tell people what it is, y'know. Anyways, you're guaranteed to catch a Legendary, but you can only get each one once.
I know. I was watching it and was shocked. Mewtwo caught with a Love Ball. Sorry. Didn’t want to not say it.

Heatleo

Older Pokemon Trainer
You are right that yeah you can use any Pokémon ball to catch a legendary in dynamax adventures (I’m not sure if they have shields or not lol since they cut it.)

Heatleo

Older Pokemon Trainer
Absol was seen too on the stream. Not sure what else to say since it’s on the front page now. Do you all think that dynamax adventures will be limited if you can only catch legendaries 100 percent once?

Last edited:

Ignition

Love when the mods can’t do their jobs properly
Thank god the Legendaries are basically automatic captures once you beat them. Still not a fan of rentals though
What? Trainer Customization was the thing that was 'supposed' to be unique to Kalos.
What exactly about Trainer Customization would make it unique to Kalos?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Huh, I can actually safely use the rare Poké Balls? I got a lot of Apricorns. Maybe I'll go try my luck at the Cram-o-matic some more then. I haven't gotten a rare one yet, but it's worth a shot. (Beast Balls are still rendered pointless, it seems.)

Do you still have to defeat the Legendary Pokémon?

Tsukuyomi56

Gesshin Powered
Getting a guaranteed catch for the Legendaries is a big relief, people would likely to be stocking up on matching Poke Balls now in the lead up the CT. Still a bit conflicted on the rental system though.