• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Heatleo

Older Pokemon Trainer
I’m literally staying away from playing pokemon sword till the crown tundra hits. I wore myself out a bit playing in the Battle of Legends live competition last week, although I had a lot of fun. For now, just playing Smash Bros. 64 and going thru daily life.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
It wasnt so obvious.. we sometimes have 2 years gap without nothing..

Well, I find it obvious because one of two things can happen. They're either going to issue a third expansion or release a brand new title.

From a datamining standpoint, either of those can be considered a new game. All in all, I say it's safe to say we're getting something in 2021.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Does anyone here know what time the update actually starts? Or is that information not known?

The EU and JP date are listed for the 23rd which probably means an Thursday evening release for NA and an early morning/late morning release for the the other two on Friday.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Oh my god.

I thought today was the 22nd.

Literally bummed myself out. Wish I had a spare brain cell to actually know what day it is.
Well it will be in a few areas in a couple of hours. Mostly Japan and Australia.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
The Galarian Bird Trio are supposedly going to be Roaming Legendaries. That's nice. Hadn't gotten that since BW's Tornadus/Thunderus. (and no I don't count the regular Bird Trio in XY since they eventually appear at a certain location)

Heatleo

Older Pokemon Trainer
The Galarian Bird Trio are supposedly going to be Roaming Legendaries. That's nice. Hadn't gotten that since BW's Tornadus/Thunderus. (and no I don't count the regular Bird Trio in XY since they eventually appear at a certain location)
I do like that concept (especially in a 3D game.) I wonder if you will have to race them into a corner on routes or areas to get a chance to battle them and catch them before they try to run away.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Good, nice to go back to the norm of that mechanic, rather than the trash tier variant in XY where the birds smeg off as soon as you encounter them.
At least these birds are taking a leaf from the Sinnoh roaming birds rather than the Kalos ones considering they smeg off to a fixed location later.

PsychoLogical

Ru sure? It doesnt come out to all countries at the same time?
He means that it'll be the 22nd in some parts of the world. Specifically in the East in both Asia and Oceania. The CT release will come out simultaneously but NA gets it late evening on the 22nd and EU and Asia will get it either in the early morning or during the middle of the night depending on your location cause timezones.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
He means that it'll be the 22nd in some parts of the world. Specifically in the East in both Asia and Oceania. The CT release will come out simultaneously but NA gets it late evening on the 22nd and EU and Asia will get it either in the early morning or during the middle of the night depending on your location cause timezones.
Do u know in what time it will be out in uk clock?

PsychoLogical

No, there's no info on what the actual release time is. Since CT will release simultaneously for basically everywhere, look for the EST time date since it'll be 5 hours behind UK time. And since it looks likely to release late evening in NA, in the UK it'll likely release in the middle of the night.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I have been keeping my thoughts to myself, since I wasn't sure if this "leak" was real or fake. Either way, I am satisfied.

If real:
-The abilities of the new Regis are cool, expected, but cool. If they have decent to good attacking stats, they will be very good wall breakers potentially. Between Regieleki with Rising Voltage in Electric Terrain, and a full HP Regidrago using its signature move at max power, boosted by their abilities...yikes. The only thing is I wished they added similar abilities for the previous Regis, they could really use the boost. Plus, it is not like it would make them hax, as Regice, Regirock, and Registeel have poor to decent attacking stats anyway.

-I actually love that the Galarian Birds' shinies are just their normal forms colors. I find it pretty cool actually

-I like the horses, especially the Ice one (I love my ice types), and really hope they are viable. If they are decently fast with good attacking stats, I could see them being very good. Ghost horse as a fast special attacker with special moxie could be fun to use, Special also favors the Ghost typing a lot. The Ice horse as a fast physical attacker with moxie could be really really good. Ice types are great offensively, but really bad defensively, so if they give it speed and power, it will be very good to use. Design wise they are good, but just like Urshifu, I feel like they were just leftover regular pokemon that they decided to just make Legendary for the DLC. I still really like Calyrex, and cleric pokemon are my favorite, and its pokedex entries seem to hint that it has healing abilities. I'm hoping it is bulky as heck, and when fused, it retains its bulk but gains attack/special attack/speed of the horses. I like the fusions overall, but I'm hoping they change typing to make them a little bit more unique. Also two abilities at once is crazy!

If fake:

-I'm not gonna lie, it would be fun it they were, as it would mean even more surprises in the game, plus it would leave hope still for some new Galarian forms (come on Jynx!!), as the leaker said there was nothing else new in the game.

CHETTHEFAN

I also really like the shiny birds being their original colors. i just hope the new forms and regis aren't shiny locked. I don't do online battles or raids much anymore so shiny hunting is all I have left that gives me any enjoyment in the games. I understand if calyrex is shiny locked as part of the story as well as the horses but I need something to hunt other than what can be obtained through raids(which exploits have taken all the fun from). :(

I have done all the shiny fossils, masuda method all the hidden ability mons I wanted, (including g slowpoke) and even took the time to breed them competitively(when I played online). Just running out of stuff to do and its making me sad

Zmagoslav

Well one can only assume it'll be out around the same time the pokemon home gets updated.
The maintenance on Pokemon HOME is expected to end at 04:00 UTC, which is 05:00 London time.

IIRC: Last time (with IOA) the HOME maintenance ended about 1 hour after the official release of IOA... chances are this will happen again.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Well one can only assume it'll be out around the same time the pokemon home gets updated.
The maintenance on Pokemon HOME is expected to end at 04:00 UTC, which is 05:00 London time.

IIRC: Last time (with IOA) the HOME maintenance ended about 1 hour after the official release of IOA... chances are this will happen again.
Thankyou, so I guess we should expect it to be out in about 1.5 day

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member