• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Do we already know if CT is only after we complete Swsh story?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Random Thought: Assuming the rest of the pseudos are going to be version exclusives as well, as long as Garchomp is in Sword then we cool :>

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Random Thought: Assuming the rest of the pseudos are going to be version exclusives as well, as long as Garchomp is in Sword then we cool :>
Garchomp and Salamence in Sword, Metagross and Dragonite in Shield.. Yep.

PsychoLogical

Garchomp and Salamence in Sword, Metagross and Dragonite in Shield.. Yep.
That'd be sweet. I only care about Garchomp's status, and whenever GO and Home are capable with each other, I'll just simply send over one of my many spare Dratinis and Beldums over :>

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
That'd be sweet. I only care about Garchomp's status, and whenever GO and Home are capable with each other, I'll just simply send over one of my many spare Dratinis and Beldums over :>
Yep, Garchomp is too OP. lol
I'm still crying over Lord Greninja not making it in SwSh

PsychoLogical

Yep, Garchomp is too OP. lol
I'm still crying over Lord Greninja not making it in SwSh
The #1 reason I want Garchomp to be in Sword (other than that it's my main game) is that I want to fully confirm for myself to see if Garchomp gets Dragon Dance via TR.
(despite the fact that when the TR list for missing pokemon was released and for the DD list which Garchomp isn't listed to have it, some things are likely inaccurate since some are bound to change as things linger closer and thus I want to fully check it for myself to see if DD is truly available or not for Garchomp when the CT releases)

:>

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
The #1 reason I want Garchomp to be in Sword (other than that it's my main game) is that I want to fully confirm for myself to see if Garchomp gets Dragon Dance via TR.
(despite the fact that when the TR list for missing pokemon was released and for the DD list which Garchomp isn't listed to have it, some things are likely inaccurate since some are bound to change as things linger closer and thus I want to fully check it for myself to see if DD is truly available or not for Garchomp when the CT releases)

:>
Dragon Dance Garchomp. Ha ha ha ha ha... I'm in danger. :D

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
Can someone please quote me any plot spoiler that might have dropped? I am curious to see if we get rivals and other main characters.

PsychoLogical

Just want to be able to find out if GF secretly sneaked in DD for Garchomp, cause that sounds fun to think about :D

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Can someone please quote me any plot spoiler that might have dropped? I am curious to see if we get rivals and other main characters.
We don’t know much besides Peony (who’s Rose’s younger brother), the town you travel to (Freezington). Calyrex possesses Peony and uses him to speak. You also meet the Legendary Birds who fight before fleeing after noticing you’re watching them where you have to catch them like the legendary beasts from Johto.
No actual spoilers via datamine/early release yet. This is just from previews TPCi/GameFreak gave to certain news outlets

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
We don’t know much besides Peony (who’s Rose’s younger brother), the town you travel to (Freezington). Calyrex possesses Peony and uses him to speak. You also meet the Legendary Birds who fight before fleeing after noticing you’re watching them where you have to catch them like the legendary beasts from Johto.
No actual spoilers via datamine/early release yet. This is just from previews TPCi/GameFreak gave to certain news outlets

Can't wait for it to get released.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I have been keeping my thoughts to myself, since I wasn't sure if this "leak" was real or fake. Either way, I am satisfied.

If real:
-The abilities of the new Regis are cool, expected, but cool. If they have decent to good attacking stats, they will be very good wall breakers potentially. Between Regieleki with Rising Voltage in Electric Terrain, and a full HP Regidrago using its signature move at max power, boosted by their abilities...yikes. The only thing is I wished they added similar abilities for the previous Regis, they could really use the boost. Plus, it is not like it would make them hax, as Regice, Regirock, and Registeel have poor to decent attacking stats anyway.

Regieleki and Regidrago are going to be terrifying with Choice Scarves. The main thing holding them back at the moment is the fact that there is no shortage of Pokémon that can outrun them and land a super-effective hit. That number is reduced severely with a Choice Scarf, especially if they themselves aren't boosted in Speed. Makes me wonder if they're capable of Dynamax, because those numbers look off the charts, especialy with their Abilities factored in.

Ether way, priority moves are going to become more important.

There hasn't been much attention drawn to Regirock, Regice and Registeel; I do wonder if they really DID get something to help them out, such as a healing move and/or better Abilities. Right now, most of the attention are to the new Pokémon and new Galarian forms, but not quite as much has gone to the returning Pokémon.

On the other hand, you can count on someone using Garchomp to spend the first turn using Dragon Dance.

Situations like these are why I am sad that Snatch did not return as a move.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Which spoilers could we possible have? We already saw the new Pokemon ... what plot could possibly be? I doubt we will have anything very intresting given the first dlc's "story"

mtqc

MY BEANS!
All the news is making me excited! I love roaming legendaries and the new areas look fun to explore.

This stuff just makes me so excited for what Pokemon will be in the future, too... DLC was a fantastic first step into the modern era, IMO. It's leaving a lot of room for new stuff to be discovered mid-generation!

ScraftyIsTheBest

No need to worry!
I think Sonia will be at the Crown Tundra. Hop seemed to imply in the Isle of Armor that she was heading there.

Yeah I imagine she will appear during the Calyrex arc of Crown Tundra's campaign, considering she's trying to investigate the truth of the legends behind the original king of Galar and the Darkest Day, and Calyrex was stated to be a king who once ruled all of Galar long ago, so it makes sense that it will become a point of interest for her to research.