• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
People keep trying to wish this into existence, and while I get it, that’s all it is so far.
Exactly. It's nice to have wishlists, but that doesn't make games or DLC happen. Both take planning and time.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
People keep trying to wish this into existence, and while I get it, that’s all it is so far.
That doesn’t necessarily mean DLC won’t continue to be released. Mortal Kombat 11 is getting an Ultimate edition soon for PS5 and XBox but leaks suggest another Kombat Pack could be in the works as file names seem to contain some data and every data leak from each update involving file names has been pretty accurate so far. And Ed Boon himself said that he planned to keep releasing content for the games for years to come.

KillerDraco

That doesn’t necessarily mean DLC won’t continue to be released. Mortal Kombat 11 is getting an Ultimate edition soon for PS5 and XBox but leaks suggest another Kombat Pack could be in the works as file names seem to contain some data and every data leak from each update involving file names has been pretty accurate so far. And Ed Boon himself said that he planned to keep releasing content for the games for years to come.

That's great but we're not talking about Mortal Kombat so their practices have literally no impact upon Pokemon's.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
That's great but we're not talking about Mortal Kombat so their practices have literally no impact upon Pokemon's.
I only used the game as an example that having a release of a game with DLC doesn’t necessarily equal no more games. We don’t know exactly what GF have planned and they like to keep us guessing and showing us reasons why not to expect something to happen or not.

KillerDraco

I only used the game as an example that having a release of a game with DLC doesn’t necessarily equal no more games. We don’t know exactly what GF have planned and they like to keep us guessing and showing us reasons why not to expect something to happen or not.

Again, different companies, different licensing, it's not really a good comparison.

Plus if you really want to go that route, you can look at the dozens of games whose DLCs ended with "complete" versions which include base game + DLC.

And if you want to talk precedent, generally we see more than just the initial pairs of games in a given generation. So just because Sw/Sh don't get any more DLC doesn't mean the generation is over.

So the status of additional DLC could be considered "Non-zero but highly unlikely" at this point.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Again, different companies, different licensing, it's not really a good comparison.

Plus if you really want to go that route, you can look at the dozens of games whose DLCs ended with "complete" versions which include base game + DLC.

And if you want to talk precedent, generally we see more than just the initial pairs of games in a given generation. So just because Sw/Sh don't get any more DLC doesn't mean the generation is over.

So the status of additional DLC could be considered "Non-zero but highly unlikely" at this point.
Fair enough. I wasn’t trying to imply that this Gen was over if there was no more DLC to be released. But I can agree that the chance is extremely unlikely to happen.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
And watch as opposite day happens and a third DLC unexpectedly does get announced LULZ :>

Tho on a serious note, I doubt a third DLC is in the works now that I think about it even if I think something still seems incomplete. Even if a third DLC was announced, unless it’s something that really catches my attention I wouldn’t bother buying it since it wouldn’t seem worth it unless like I said, it’s something eye-catching.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'd like a third DLC but I highly doubt it's happening. We'll probably get new games since it's the franchise's anniversary if I recall correctly.

Dared3v0

Just have fun
Say, what do you guys think they would add if they made a third set of DLC for Sword and Shield? Me, I think they would add:
Another new section of Galar to explore, probably in West Galar.
More classic Pokemon, including some additional starter sets. Could really go for Kalos starters in the game myself.
Four additional boxes for the Pokemon storage system, to make room for players who wanna catch 'em all.
Mega Evolution, they could put in some restrictions to keep things fair, like no Dynamaxing for Pokemon holding Mega Stones, and no Mega Evolving for Pokemon with the Gigantamax Factor.
The return of Triple Battles. I liked that feature in the Gen. 5 and 6 games, and I get that they had to remove it from Gen. 7 due to data restraints, but with the Switch's amped up power, plus support for six players in certain games, now would be a good time to bring the feature back. If they can have five Pokemon on the field at once with Max Raid Battles, then they can have six.
Even though i doubt it would happen i would like to see the minor leagues. Then you can explore another part of galar and that could add more galar forms

Orphalesion

I honestly would not want more DLC.

Sure stuff like the minor leagues would be interesting, but that can just join the rest of the things in Galar that had their potential wasted completely. |

By now I'm honestly ready for some sort of new game, maybe Sinnoh remakes.

I would not want them to support SwSh for "years to come" Galar is too "meh" for that.

Dared3v0

Just have fun
I honestly would not want more DLC.

Sure stuff like the minor leagues would be interesting, but that can just join the rest of the things in Galar that had their potential wasted completely. |

By now I'm honestly ready for some sort of new game, maybe Sinnoh remakes.

I would not want them to support SwSh for "years to come" Galar is too "meh" for that.
I would be down for a new game but not a remake im tired of remakes.

KillerDraco

Honestly the only reason why I'd like to see Sinnoh remakes is because I never played the original Sinnoh games.

And therein lies the big reason why remakes are actually a thing. Yes, recapturing nostalgia is all well and good, but ports/remakes/remasters give people who never had the opportunity to play the originals a chance to experience them without having to emulate or hunt down a Retro system.

...I feel old calling the DS a retro system.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think DP should happen so that we can have an Underground that uses WiFi and new models for the games so that weather can be similar to that of the Wild Area and we can get a feel at how huge Jubilife City and the Great Marsh truly are. ORAS did an amazing job at making what seemed to be tiny towns feel bigger and more exciting to visit with Pacifilog Town feeling less flat.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Personally, I wouldn’t mind a new DLC patch since I’ve had a lot of fun with this one & it would be nice to include stuff like the remaining pokémon and more customization options.

However, at the same time I’ve been getting the feeling that the Crown Tundra is supposed to be the true finale of the Galar region. Between the interviews saying this patch is the ultimate challenge, the legendary pokémon features, the Galarian Star Tournament, & the fact that the league opponents have higher levels, this feels like the ultimate conclusion to the Galar storyline. If we get another pokémon game, it’ll most likely be remakes or something else.

I’d honestly be fine with either option given how the Crown Tundra is being handled since the Galar region now feels practically complete story wise

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Remakes have always been the best games...... DP remakessss please
Remakes generally are the better version of the games they represent for the most part but honestly the Let’s Go games were much weaker as remakes and they aren’t necessarily terrible games but they are way too easy to beat especially with the second player co-op which you can easily over power Gym Leaders to the point it’s unfair to them and borderline cheating when you have two Pokémon while the Leader only uses one. And the catching method while novel and creative for making it feel like the anime, is ultimately frustrating as you aren’t guaranteed to catch the target the first time and if you waste too much time, the Pokémon escapes. Weakening it is a far better way of catching a Pokémon as it is less luck based. I mean I shouldn’t have to waste 15 Ultra Balls just to catch something like a Mankey.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Remakes generally are the better version of the games they represent for the most part but honestly the Let’s Go games were much weaker as remakes and they aren’t necessarily terrible games but they are way too easy to beat especially with the second player co-op which you can easily over power Gym Leaders to the point it’s unfair to them and borderline cheating when you have two Pokémon while the Leader only uses one. And the catching method while novel and creative for making it feel like the anime, is ultimately frustrating as you aren’t guaranteed to catch the target the first time and if you waste too much time, the Pokémon escapes. Weakening it is a far better way of catching a Pokémon as it is less luck based. I mean I shouldn’t have to waste 15 Ultra Balls just to catch something like a Mankey.
I actually prefer the Lets go catching mechanic way better.. I hate the fact I need to battle the Pokemon and having to weaken him to a certain %.... and I like the catching mini game in Lets go games