• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
How likely do you think Pokémon will release virtual consoles of older games (Gen 1-7/Stadium/Colosseum & XD) for the Switch? I was watching a video from Bird Keeper Toby earlier today & I saw the possibility that they may release something like this in the Spring/Summer in honor of the 25th anniversary and then come out with a new mainline game (DP remakes or more DLC) in the late Fall/early Winter.

While I personally think it's only a 20% possibility, it would be a good way to keep fans interested while giving Game Freak more time to work on whatever mainline project they might be developing. Plus, giving the older gens a virtual console release would be a way to transfer Pokémon from them once Bank eventually shuts down & it would be cheaper than remaking all of them.

BCVM22

They might or they might not. We can quibble over plausibility - they’ve never once shown any interest in remembering Colosseum or XD, so I wouldn’t tag those as any sort of great possibilities, and the Stadium titles would be useless and not serve much of a purpose right now - but beyond that, it’s a pure coin flip. Maybe yes, maybe no.

Anyone otherwise telling you they’ve heard a rumor or that they can put a percentage number on it is selling you snake oil that they themselves made up. Ignore the noise. Especially ignore the noise if it came from someone’s YouTube video about a rumor, all of which should be titled “ignore this because I’m probably making it up or rebroadcasting someone else’s fabrications.” Not particularly catchy or short, but far more accurate.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
They might or they might not. We can quibble over plausibility - they’ve never once shown any interest in remembering Colosseum or XD, so I wouldn’t tag those as any sort of great possibilities, and the Stadium titles would be useless and not serve much of a purpose right now - but beyond that, it’s a pure coin flip. Maybe yes, maybe no.

Anyone otherwise telling you they’ve heard a rumor or that they can put a percentage number on it is selling you snake oil that they themselves made up. Ignore the noise. Especially ignore the noise if it came from someone’s YouTube video about a rumor, all of which should be titled “ignore this because I’m probably making it up or rebroadcasting someone else’s fabrications.” Not particularly catchy or short, but far more accurate.
They could always take out the battle arena aspect out of the games and combine the two story modes together to form one long game sort of like how Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic And Knuckles form one complete story when combined. It’d still be Coliseum and XD gameplay wise with a few tweaks and maybe the inclusion of the Fairy typing depending if it is a remastering of the games or gets a Super Mario 3D All Stars treatment.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
How likely do you think Pokémon will release virtual consoles of older games (Gen 1-7/Stadium/Colosseum & XD) for the Switch? I was watching a video from Bird Keeper Toby earlier today & I saw the possibility that they may release something like this in the Spring/Summer in honor of the 25th anniversary and then come out with a new mainline game (DP remakes or more DLC) in the late Fall/early Winter.

While I personally think it's only a 20% possibility, it would be a good way to keep fans interested while giving Game Freak more time to work on whatever mainline project they might be developing. Plus, giving the older gens a virtual console release would be a way to transfer Pokémon from them once Bank eventually shuts down & it would be cheaper than remaking all of them.
I would be happy to see it happen... it could also help to pass time till the new game arrives.. which will be DO remakes hopefully..

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
If we do get DP remakes next year, the one thing I’m hoping for is that we’ll get Sinnoh regional variants of Gens 5-8 pokémon (more specifically the ones that still haven’t been coded into SWSH yet to fill in the gaps)
I would definitely enjoy that. My main problem with dynamax, regional variants and megas is that far too many have been from the early generations. Gen V was introduced a decade ago, Gen IV half a decade before that. That's enough time to deserve a tune-up.

I'd be happy if there were G-Max versions of the Sinnoh Starters and some of the legendaries. I love a G-Max move from Dialga that sets up trick room, and one from Palkia that sets up gravity.

Some more regional variants would be welcome too. Game Freak is adding in new pokemon mid-generation now, so I think Game Freak know that people would at least expect a new form or something from re-makes. There are plenty of popular newer pokemon that have never been competitively relevant.

NeedsAName

I'd also like to see more Gigantamax forms. I've been having fun imagining what new G-Max Moves there can be and how they'd suit various signature Pokémon

Some Sinnohan Pokémon I would really like to see get G-Max forms, eiþer for buffing or just fun:
  1. Unown, large near-symmetrical monogram, G-Max Syntax (Normal), 50% chance it raises a random stat by as many stages as þere are teammates
  2. Torterra, mountain-range-wearing world tortoise, G-Max Wilderness (Grass): unaffected by opponent's item
  3. Infernape, mystical flaming Kong-esque monkey wiþ flaming arms, G-Max Sunburn (Fire): burns all opponents
  4. Empoleon, imposing metallic penguin wiþ 3 steel prongs going into þe sky, G-Max Tsunami (Water): washes away opponents' items
  5. Bibarel, massive bipedal beaver monster, G-Max Munch (Normal): prevents opponent team from eating berries and steals þeir berry effects
  6. Luxray, lion-like gigantic beast with long trails of spiky fur, G-Max X-Ray (Electric): shows þe target's moveset and ability
  7. Drifblim, smoky purple zeppelin, G-Max Haunting (Ghost): Lowers each of þe target's raised stats by two stages
  8. Yanmega, dragonfly kaiju, G-Max Buzzpocalypse (Bug): lowers opponents' accuracy by one stage
  9. Probopass, skyscraper-like easter island head, G-Max Magnerock (Rock): prevents opponents from switching out
  10. Dialga, clockwork behemoþ quadruped, G-Max Roar (Steel): sets trick room (@Aduro gave þe move effect idea)
  11. Palkia, pearl-coated behemoþ biped, G-Max Rend (Water): copies opponents' stat changes
  12. Giratina, humongous mixture between two forms, G-Max Raze (Ghost): removes opponents' immunities to move types/categories on þe next turn
  13. Arceus, 200-foot-tall Deity wiþ þousands of Unown surrounding its wheel, G-Max Armageddon (Normal): 2x type effectiveness regardless of þe opponent's type(s)

ShadowForce720

Some Sinnohan Pokémon I would really like to see get G-Max forms, eiþer for buffing or just fun:
  1. Unown, large near-symmetrical monogram, G-Max Syntax (Normal), 50% chance it raises a random stat by as many stages as þere are teammates
  2. Torterra, mountain-range-wearing world tortoise, G-Max Wilderness (Grass): unaffected by opponent's item
  3. Infernape, mystical flaming Kong-esque monkey wiþ flaming arms, G-Max Sunburn (Fire): burns all opponents
  4. Empoleon, imposing metallic penguin wiþ 3 steel prongs going into þe sky, G-Max Tsunami (Water): washes away opponents' items
  5. Bibarel, massive bipedal beaver monster, G-Max Munch (Normal): prevents opponent team from eating berries and steals þeir berry effects
  6. Luxray, lion-like gigantic beast with long trails of spiky fur, G-Max X-Ray (Electric): shows þe target's moveset and ability
  7. Drifblim, smoky purple zeppelin, G-Max Haunting (Ghost): Lowers each of þe target's raised stats by two stages
  8. Yanmega, dragonfly kaiju, G-Max Buzzpocalypse (Bug): lowers opponents' accuracy by one stage
  9. Probopass, skyscraper-like easter island head, G-Max Magnerock (Rock): prevents opponents from switching out
  10. Dialga, clockwork behemoþ quadruped, G-Max Roar (Steel): sets trick room (@Aduro gave þe move effect idea)
  11. Palkia, pearl-coated behemoþ biped, G-Max Rend (Water): copies opponents' stat changes
  12. Giratina, humongous mixture between two forms, G-Max Raze (Ghost): removes opponents' immunities to move types/categories on þe next turn
  13. Arceus, 200-foot-tall Deity wiþ þousands of Unown surrounding its wheel, G-Max Armageddon (Normal): 2x type effectiveness regardless of þe opponent's type(s)

Just pointing this out but Unown is not a Sinnoh Pokémon as it’s actually a Johto mon.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
As much as I hate to admit it, Lucario is another Gen 4 pokémon I can see getting a Gigantamax form because of its popularity, its status/rarity in Sinnoh, & the fact that the anime might want to give Ash’s Lucario something besides mega evolution to differentiate it from Korrina’s .

Not sure about its design, but its attack would probably be something like G-Max Aura Force (Fighting): all of the opponent’s stats are lowered by one point with each successful hit

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
As much as I hate to admit it, Lucario is another Gen 4 pokémon I can see getting a Gigantamax form because of its popularity, its status/rarity in Sinnoh, & the fact that the anime might want to give Ash’s Lucario something besides mega evolution to differentiate it from Korrina’s .

Not sure about its design, but its attack would probably be something like G-Max Aura Force (Fighting): all of the opponent’s stats are lowered by one point with each successful hit

While keeping that going how G-Max Johto be like? All 3 moves have 10PP, 90 Base Power

Feraligatr= Turns into a blue version of godzilla. G-Max Flood summons heavy rain for 5 turns. Cannot be negated by any weather moves unless knocked out.

G-Max Meganium= Becomes proportional to enormous Brachiosaurus. G-Max Wildgrowth enemy items are useless for the 5 turns.
Team mates become immune to status effects while Meganium is in G-Max form.

Typhlosion= No design idea but becomes obscured by extreme heat like Charizard.
G-Max Eruption. All berries are destroyed, burns are inflicted to all enemies in double battles.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
For the time being, Lucario can only ever get a new form if the supposed Sinnoh remakes decide to either overhaul its backstory to include Dynamax so it has a chance for something new, or they return Mega Evolutions which...would keep Lucario from getting anything new really.
I don't think that Megas are coming back to the main series until we get Kalos remakes.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
For the time being, Lucario can only ever get a new form if the supposed Sinnoh remakes decide to either overhaul its backstory to include Dynamax so it has a chance for something new, or they return Mega Evolutions which...would keep Lucario from getting anything new really.

I honestly still think Lucario has a high chance of getting a G-Max (and I'm surprised it doesn't have one yet considering how popular it is) and nothing's stopping them from doing so. The backstory was kinda retconned in ORAS anyway where Rayquaza was the first Mega.

I don't think that Megas are coming back to the main series until we get Kalos remakes.

Yeah, no. There's no way they'd wait that long to bring Megas back in the main series games. And there's no guarantee they'll even be Kalos remakes.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Yeah, no. There's no way they'd wait that long to bring Megas back in the main series games. And there's no guarantee they'll even be Kalos remakes.
I would have to agree with this one. Mega evolution exists in Pokémon Go so I would imagine they won’t keep it out of the main series forever.

I’m fine right now not using it but I do hope that sometime soon it is reintroduced.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

Charizard and Gengar had Mega Evolutions, and it didn't stop them from getting Gigantamax forms on top of that.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Charizard and Gengar had Mega Evolutions, and it didn't stop them from getting Gigantamax forms on top of that.
Eh, I'm banking on GF to simply return Mega Evolutions. Just that alone is enough to make the Sinnoh remakes worth it, though that may give Dynamax a backseat if they decide not to incorporate it. The fact they scrapped both Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves mean anything is possible.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I wouldn't mind if Dynamax didn't make an appearance in the next games. At all. Hell, I'd applaud it.

Dared3v0

Just have fun
Eh, I'm banking on GF to simply return Mega Evolutions. Just that alone is enough to make the Sinnoh remakes worth it, though that may give Dynamax a backseat if they decide not to incorporate it. The fact they scrapped both Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves mean anything is possible.
They should bring back an old feature and expand on it instead of adding a battle mechanic if they are gonna do a remake. Maybe pokemon contests

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

I doubt it. Mega Evolutions weren't introduced until Generation VI. There's no reason they'd suddenly get brought back here. Considering Dynamax and Gigantamax are the featured mechanics of this generation, it's far more likely they'll introduce more Gigantamax forms, mainly for Generation IV Pokémon.

I wouldn't mind if Dynamax didn't make an appearance in the next games. At all. Hell, I'd applaud it.

There would be compatibility issues with Sword and Shield if that were the case though, especially in regards to Max Raid Battles. Every main series Pokémon game within a generation has had compatibility with each other, and I reallyy can't see Game Freak make these theoretical Sinnoh games incompatible with the Galar games.

Unless you mean in just the story while Dynamax and Gigantamax are still used in online play, like the Alola games were with Mega Stones.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
There would be compatibility issues with Sword and Shield if that were the case though, especially in regards to Max Raid Battles. Every main series Pokémon game within a generation has had compatibility with each other, and I reallyy can't see Game Freak make these theoretical Sinnoh games incompatible with the Galar games.
I mean, weren't ORAS's Mega Evolutions incompatible to use for even online play against X & Y users.