• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pokemon Fan said:
We also have to consider that the person that gave us all this information seemed to have not been in the best state of mind when he wrote it, and admitted he didn't remember everything all that well (and that he also left a great deal out). This may explain some of the errors he made, saying Fighting where he clearly meant Fire, that the Fairy gym is the first one in the series, etc.

The fact that we should be willing to give "leakers" the benefit of the doubt just rubs me the wrong way, though. ~99% of these leaks end up being fake, so it's hard for me to believe that some of the inconsistencies in the leaked information are just human error and not simply purposeful lies.

That said, the chipmunk Pokemon rumor at least has some evidence, although it could also just be a coincidence.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The fact that we should be willing to give "leakers" the benefit of the doubt just rubs me the wrong way, though. ~99% of these leaks end up being fake, so it's hard for me to believe that some of the inconsistencies in the leaked information are just human error and not simply purposeful lies.

That said, the chipmunk Pokemon rumor at least has some evidence, although it could also just be a coincidence.
That leak, while credible, is full of ridiculous information, typos, and other general errors.

DSDark

Breeder
That leak, while credible, is full of ridiculous information, typos, and other general errors.

Definitely could be some typos however I think it's more of for every one or two things correct there is one or two things that are purposefully incorrect.

As for the leak itself. I could think the endorsement is legit and that could be cool if certain things change depending your endorsement. Endorsing would have to mean something.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
About the idea that someone simply saw the trailer early, they would also have had to have access to the information on the official website early as they mention a few things that the trailer/direct did not mention but the website does. Namely:

1. Sonia and Leon know each other (the leak saying they used to be rivals, the website stating they are childhood friends).
2. Wooloo escaping from things by rolling away (the website noting this is how they react if they have to run away, and the leak noting there is a minigame where you chase around rolling Wooloo).

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
About the idea that someone simply saw the trailer early, they would also have had to have access to the information on the official website early as they mention a few things that the trailer/direct did not mention but the website does. Namely:

1. Sonia and Leon know each other (the leak saying they used to be rivals, the website stating they are childhood friends).
2. Wooloo escaping from things by rolling away (the website noting this is how they react if they have to run away, and the leak noting there is a minigame where you chase around rolling Wooloo).
The leaker can also be a local translator, which is why he's impressively on point with all the names and whatnot the trailer didn't show such as GYM puzzles and starter evolution names. He expresses his anger and disappointment later, indicating he might as well be fired.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The leaker can also be a local translator, which is why he's impressively on point with all the names and whatnot the trailer didn't show such as GYM puzzles and starter evolution names. He expresses his anger and disappointment later, indicating he might as well be fired.
The only problem is that the leak does not look like it is from a professional.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
The only problem is that the leak does not look like it is from a professional.
I'm confused. The post doesn't have to be written in a professional way because of someone's profession. It could be a moment of heat due to a reprimand, which is why I assume they were angry and upset. Based on what they revealed, and what is potentially to be revealed in the future, it's more than just accessing this trailer. Guessing starter names that are often revealed around September the earliest is huge news, in case if that part will be correct.

Kingudora

My favourite
I think it is more likely that the leaker is a QA/Playtester, since those are usually hired by external companies to the game developer. Since also many of them simply are contracted and work on game to game, they probably have a rather loose connection to these games. The leaker probably isn't as knowledgeable about the series as a whole like say a localization employee working for GAME FREAK/Pokémon Company would be (or even fans on various Pokémon sites/boards). Hence the various mistakes like "the first fairy gym leader". A localization employee probably would have more insight on the legendary mascots too. The leaker most likely made the assumption that Zacian and Zamazenta was the same pokémon based on the similar appearance and how they are presented in the storyline.

And also its natural that they make mistakes when typing all of this from memory, I don't think they could have double-checked anything before posting. On the other hand, some of the info presented might be deliberate misinformation to attempt to shake off their employer from realizing who they are.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
While I'm more inclined to believe this leak is mostly incorrect, it is at least interesting. Some thoughts below:
Leaker said:
Your rival is named Hop, but you will face against Bede and Marnie
Bede's name comes from Bede the English Benedictine Monk, which means he is probably our secondary rival. Marnie is most likely our antagonistic rival, more analogous to Gladion.
Leaker said:
Team Yell is the gang in this game, who are well meaning fans causing trouble
The use of the word "gang" makes me believe this person is either a translator or someone pretending to be the translator, as gang is the term used in Japanese for evil teams. The leaker's description means they are just decoy villains like Team Skull, and the real evil team some other group.
Leaker said:
To become part of the gym challenge, you will have to get an endorsement. Bede gets an endorsement from Chairman Rose and his secretary Olema
I presume this Chairman Rose is the Budew guy from the direct, or his boss. A weird gimmick, but since most of the British references in Galar seem to be removed in favour more general Anglophone/Commonwealth themes, particularly Indian ones due to Leon, it makes sense for them to put through the pain of professional football.
Leaker said:
Eternatus is the evil legendary. The other legendary will be a wolf, who will either have a shield mane or hold a sword like Great Wolf Sif. Don't recall its name
We know the legendaries are actually two different species that look similar. But still okay. Eternatus' name literally means eternal birth or eternal son, which is probably a reference to Mordred or Morgan le Fay, and of course Ouroboros, which is a recurring figure in Celtic and Anglo-saxon iconography despite originating in Egypt. I guess it will be yellow and black like Final Fantasy's recurring boss Shinryu, because of CYMK. And of course it will be another Dragon.
Leaker said:
Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing are dynamics that will supersize pokemon in specific areas. Gigantamaxing is different from dynamax as it changes what pokemon looks like. Meowth looks like long cat, Lapras gets layers like musical bars to its shell and musical notes. Pikachu looks like retro fat pikachu
Okay. This seems to be most fakey of all the parts, purely because of the retro Pikachu reference. GF will never bring that back.
More seriously, Gigantamaxing seems like a mixture of Z-moves and Mega Evolutions, but it is on a timer and you are presumably locked into that Pokémon. Interesting gimmick, as it works on NFEs as well.
Leaker said:
Sonia is Leon's former rival who is researching the dynamax phenomenon at the behest of her grandmother and the professor of the game
Okay. I guess we will see Sonia instead of Magnolia for most of the game, and we will probably either battle her(possibly as part of the Champion defense) or she will become the professor at the post-game.
Leaker said:
Some pokemon like Farfechtd, will get regional evolutions, like Sirfetchtd. Meowth looks like a ball of spiky grey fur
Since Meowth is supposed to get a Gigantamax form, I presume this is his second Regional Form. Regional Evolution is an interesting concept, I guess this is how they will avoid changing Extreme Evoboost's animation and change Eviolite's interactions for the time being. It would be better if they just went to traditional cross-gen evolutions instead of locking them to one region and post-game for future generations, but ehh. Vast majority of Regional Evolutions will likely be side evolutions and evolutions of Regional Forms instead of cross-gen evolutions of standalone species.
Leaker said:
Skwovet and Greedunt iirc are chipmunk pokemon who will hide in berry trees and attack randomly if you shake too many berries. If they attack, you will lose half the berries that dropped
I presume this is a generic effect for all the tree encounters, not just these two. If that is the case, then these guys are not our regional rodents, but just a gimmicky uncommon Normal like Kecleon, Minccino-line, Aipom-line etc. Probably will have 470 BST as well, to match those and Crabominable.
Leaker said:
The fourth gym is the first Fairy type gym, lead by an actress like Opal. Milo, Nessa and Kabu are the first ones.
Well this is just partially wrong, Valerie exists. But anyway, we know Milo, Nessa is probably Water, and Kabu is probably Bug or less likely Fighting.
Leaker said:
Before fighting the gym leaders, you have to complete the gym challanges.
-Milo has you herding sheep pokemon named Wooloo, but Pamper, electric corgi Pokemon, will startle them and send them rolling elsewhere.
Wooloo has Sheep Pokémon as its Species name, so I presume Pamper's species name is Electric Corgi Pokémon. Most likely he is the pre-evolution of the electric dog we saw in the logo in the stadiums in the first trailer, which means he is also our regional early Electric and regional dog.
Leaker said:
-Nessa has you running through a maze where water blocks the way
-Kabu requires you to catch pokemon and get 5 points, but you have to be in a party battle with another that's trying to catch it
So you need to catch a specific Pokémon that will give you 5 points in what seems to be a Bug Catching Contest. Cool. I guess these trials mean Gym Trainers are now abolished in favor of what are essentially Trial Challanges.
Leaker said:
While there is a transit system, you will have to go through Wild Area at times, an open world biome that has a weather system and little pockets where wild pokemon dynamax and have to be beatan in a for person raid. You will randomly see nearby players and interact with them to get their league cards and items
So this is like a MMORPG raid area, weird. I guess there is one singular Wild Area that extends throughout most of the region, not many small Wild Areas like Pokéspots in XD.
Leaker said:
Camping is how you play with your Pokemon now. You'll get two toys, a feather toy and a toy pokeball, which can raise friendship. You can make curry which will raise stats and friendliness
Friendship here is probably NOT the friendship stat for happiness evolution, but friendship stat in Pokémon Amie and Pokémon Refresh, except for potentially curry, which seems to work like Pokéblocks and Poffins. This is most the credible part of leak, since there is a picture of Grookey in the overworld in the Japanese website, but it might just the starting interaction.
Leaker said:
Pokemon will not walk beside you in the overworld map
This isn't new information, we knew this from the first trailer.
Leaker]Scorbunny will have fighting moves said:
Sobble becomes Sizzile, then Intellion, a chameleon with a spy theme
This doesn't help much, actually. Intellion can be part Ghost, Poison, Psychic or even Electric.
Leaker said:
Grookey will end up as a giant gorrila that beats a wood drum to attack
That's boring. I guess it will be part Dark-type, since they get a few Sound moves.
Leaker said:
The best Pokemon so far is the blue seagull who when it dives, either gets a barracuda in its mouth or a pikachu, which it launches to an enemy
Barracuda is probably our regional Fish, which will probably another standalone 470-475 BST guy. Seagull's signature attack implies:
*It has something that grants it immunity or resistance to Electric, like Lightning Rod, or Volt Absorb, or it is actually part-Electric, who knows.
*Its signature attack might have variable damage depending on what it picks. The attack seems to be inspired by both Pelipper and Rhyperior's Pokédex entries.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
What part of the credible leak do you all think is the fake part made to prevent the leaker's identity being revealed. I think it's the barracuda & seagull part because it fells too random like it was shoehorned in at the last moment. And maybe the name Eternatus because it feels weird not following the za + a spectrum color with one letter changed. That the two main legends have. And maybe gigantamaximg or Sirfetch'd & ball meowth or starter evos.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
What part of the credible leak do you all think is the fake part made to prevent the leaker's identity being revealed. I think it's the barracuda & seagull part because it fells too random like it was shoehorned in at the last moment. And maybe the name Eternatus because it feels weird not following the za + a spectrum color with one letter changed. That the two main legends have. And maybe gigantamaximg or Sirfetch'd & ball meowth or starter evos.
While I'm not certain if we can exactly pin-point what seems to be fake or not yet given the majority of information came true, Eternatus didn't give me an exact Za-duo rival feels. Actually, I initially thought about this mural:

sD8pWB.png

Kingudora

My favourite
Friendship here is probably NOT the friendship stat for happiness evolution, but friendship stat in Pokémon Amie and Pokémon Refresh, except for potentially curry, which seems to work like Pokéblocks and Poffins. This is most the credible part of leak, since there is a picture of Grookey in the overworld in the Japanese website, but it might just the starting interaction.
HBjy9OV.png

There is even a tent in the background, so this part seems very likely.

And the leaker definitely confused affection for friendship, which I can understand.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm surprised Serebii would post about the supposed Chipmunk Pokémon. I'm still not convinced that there's even a Pokémon there. It's just too grainy to say for sure.

If the rumour is true I think the squirrel/chipmunk line is dark & grass type because according to the rumour it's greedy (dark is called evil in Japan so that fits) and they seem to be involved with berry trees. Not to mention that in the design seen in the crowd and the shirt it's tail appears a bit plantlike. Edit. And it's dark coloration

If the rumor is true, then the Chipmunk would almost certainly be the regional rodent, making it a Normal-Type.

wolf jani

I'm surprised Serebii would post about the supposed Chipmunk Pokémon. I'm still not convinced that there's even a Pokémon there. It's just too grainy to say for sure.

If the rumor is true, then the Chipmunk would almost certainly be the regional rodent, making it a Normal-Type.

I don't think that the chipmunk is the regional early game mammal because that would be found commonly on the roads. Not attacking you from trees.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I don't think that the chipmunk is the regional early game mammal because that would be found commonly on the roads. Not attacking you from trees.

Assuming that leak is correct, it's possible that they both attack from trees and can be found regularly. Still, I see your point.

wolf jani

Assuming that leak is correct, it's possible that they both attack from trees and can be found regularly. Still, I see your point.

Oh wait that's right. I remembered the leak saying that the squirrels only attack from trees but then I reread it and noticed that wasn't the case.

DaijobuPlease

I think the flying beast or fast moving beast or the beast announcing its presence might be a Phoenix (Dark Phoenix) based the leakers name for it. Phoenix are eternal.

But even without the leakers name I till think its a Phoenix or Dragon of some sort because Knights and Mythical beasts go hand in hand.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
If that leak is correct, I’d love to have the seagull on my team.
Especially if it has an electric immunity like it looks like it says.