• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Leonhart

Imagineer
I read a rumor about Rotom getting an evolution in Gen VIII, but to me it sounds very hard to believe since Rotom already received a lot of exposure in Gen VII, and I find it difficult to imagine Game Freak giving Rotom even more relevance now.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I read a rumor about Rotom getting an evolution in Gen VIII, but to me it sounds very hard to believe since Rotom already received a lot of exposure in Gen VII, and I find it difficult to imagine Game Freak giving Rotom even more relevance now.

That's from that full dex leak thing.

Part of why I don't buy it. I just don't see them evolving a Pokemon that has 5 forms that already give it a 80bs buff.

I mean sure the Electric/Ghost form doesn't get that buff, and it could use it. And an Evo be a way to give it one.

I just don't see it happening. Just like I question if GF would ever opt to give regional variants to Pokemon that can M.Evolve.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I bet some people also found it unlikely that Slowbro would be getting a Mega Evolution and Slowking wouldn't.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I bet some people also found it unlikely that Slowbro would be getting a Mega Evolution and Slowking wouldn't.

Except we had already seen something like that with Gardevoir. Sure Gallade eventually got one, but even then the pattern had been established as it possible.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I'm going off 4chan's and other leakers past history. Along with some of the Pokémon being ones that wouldn't make it past the in game censor.

We've gotten the first image of surfing Lapras and details of LGPE through 4Chan and a couple of correct SM leaks. That doesn't mean every post in 4Chan is non-credible despite the low odds.

Personally, I found Mattens' False Swipe and Scaven's Meowstick-like approach intriguing.

The Teamster stuff sounded pretty bad. Yeah please don't force me to use NPCs as my allies during gym battles.

Again, I quite liked the idea to form a team, which seems pretty inevitable given the soccer uniforms. Actually, I've literally said on announcement date that I'd love for a 'clan-based' system which the idea of creating Teamster could potentially be driven from.

You know, that would be a perfect opportunity to create your online Wi-Fi teams and battle. You can create your clans, which perfectly matches with 'Sword', 'Shield' theme as well.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
We've gotten the first image of surfing Lapras and details of LGPE through 4Chan and a couple of correct SM leaks. That doesn't mean every post in 4Chan is non-credible despite the low odds.

Personally, I found Mattens' False Swipe and Scaven's Meowstick-like approach intriguing.

Again, I quite liked the idea to form a team, which seems pretty inevitable given the soccer uniforms. Actually, I've literally said on announcement date that I'd love for a 'clan-based' system which the idea of creating Teamster could potentially be driven from.
Just because we've gotten some accurate info through them, doesn't mean that's it isn't part of how they get their fake stuff to spread.

Orphalesion

And "again", I don't like the idea that I have to include NPCs I can't control and whom I can't choose the Pokemon for. What's the point of turn based combat if you have characters you can't control?

I mean just imagine you have six crappy Teamsters on your team. The battle starts, you get to make a move....and then you have to wait. for. every. single. of. those. crappy. AI. controlled. "Teamsters". To. Make. Their. Probably.RNG. Selected. Move. One. After. The. Other.
Yeah...

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I think the Teamsters thing is fake. GameFreak wouldn’t do that.

BillParrot

I mean just imagine you have six crappy Teamsters on your team. The battle starts, you get to make a move....and then you have to wait. for. every. single. of. those. crappy. AI. controlled. "Teamsters". To. Make. Their. Probably.RNG. Selected. Move. One. After. The. Other.
Yeah...

Sincerely, I would hate this.

ShadowForce720

I think the Teamsters thing is fake. GameFreak wouldn’t do that.

I think it's important to point out that while it's true that the Teamsters thing could easily be fake, at the same time I don't think the argument that Gamefreak wouldn't do that really works, if anything saying Gamefreak wouldn't do that and leaving it at that is a weak argument because if you look at it a lot of things we have now were some of the things that some people said Gamefreak would never do for instance, we have both a legendary and a mythical pokemon that can evolve and heck the mascot legendary pokemon of Sun and Moon are part of a branched evolution line, not only that but with Sun and Moon and Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon we just had main series games without the gyms and the badge quest which was something that people thought wouldn't happen.

Not only that in all of the gen 7 main series games HM's were pretty much replaced, and heck between gens 6 & 7 we have Mega Evolutions, Regional Variants, and Z-moves all introduced. Look I'm not saying that the whole Teamster thing is real and it most certainly should be taken with a grain of salt however that being said it isn't the most out there idea that has popped up as remember there was the whole rumor about there being new UB's and a Team Rainbow Rocket in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon and those parts of the rumor turned out to be real, so don't be so surprised if the Teamster thing does wind up being real.

Last edited:

DaijobuPlease

I just looked at the "dex leak" from PokeJungle. Why would old pokemon get a new evolution but not classified as a regional variant? Makes no sense for it to be an evolution unless the PokeGenic ends up being some cross fusion evolution thing lol.

DSDark

Breeder
I just looked at the "dex leak" from PokeJungle. Why would old pokemon get a new evolution but not classified as a regional variant? Makes no sense for it to be an evolution unless the PokeGenic ends up being some cross fusion evolution thing lol.

What do you mean. I don't think the dex leak mentioned anything about regional variants

SoulRebel726

Ugh, that teamsters thing sounds downright terrible. That's almost as bad as the rumor/suggestion (can't remember which) where someone said something about using rental teams for gym battles. At their core, pokemon games are about building your team, forming some sort of bond with them, and going on an adventure with them. Anything that waters that down is a terrible idea IMO. Having an NPC get the KO on the final pokemon of a gym battle would feel pretty bad. I wouldn't feel like myself or my pokemon really earned that badge.

ShadowForce720

because that's not what a regional variant is, in the cases of regional variants like the Alolan forms they are different forms of existing pokemon that have evolved and adapted to different circumstances which results in some changes to them of those changes for example would be type. For instance Alolan Sandshrew and Alolan Marowak are the Alolan forms of Sandshrew and Marowak respectively however you can not change their forms.

In the case of what the "dex leak" is talking about it's talking about pokemon getting new standard evolutions for instance Gliscor and Sylveon aren't a Sinnohian Gligar and a Kalosian Eevee , because they aren't forms of those pokemon but are instead evolutions. Basically if say Eevee gets new evolutions in Sword and Shield there not going to be called Galaran Eevee because they aren't just form changes of Eevee since there actual new evolution.

Just because regional variants are a thing now doesn't mean that suddenly they need to do so fusion thing just to introduce a new standard evolution to a pokemon because there not even really the same type of evolution, standard evolution in Pokemon is closer to real world Metamorphosis while the evolution that turns pokemon in to regional variants is closer and based on real world evolution.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm thinking that the "teamster" leak is fake. It would make gym battles into slogfests as you would have to wait for all the AI controlled characters to make a move before you can, and it would also take away the satisfaction of beating a gym yourself because an AI Pokemon might KO the Gym Leader's Pokemon instead of your own. Also, the story sounds too similar to Sun & Moon, especially considering that one of the characters is a delinquent who hates the challenge that the player goes on and seeks to sabotage it, which sounds too much like Guzma.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Why would old pokemon get a new evolution but not classified as a regional variant? Makes no sense for it to be an evolution unless the PokeGenic ends up being some cross fusion evolution thing lol.

Not to defend this almost certain fake, but have you forgotten that Pokémon like Blissey, Kingdra, Gallade, Magmortar, and Electivire exist? They're all evolutions of Pokémon that already existed when they were introduced, and they're certainly not regional variants. An old Pokémon getting a new evolution is not new or unusual in the slightest. Yes, it's been a little while, but it at least used to be a staple feature of new generations.

Also, PokéGenic has absolutely nothing to do with the games. It's a term that they're using to describe special photo-op locations at this year's Pikachu Outbreak event in Japan. Serebii covered this two weeks ago.

Mag Prime

The Pokemon Avenger
So this is a bit of a stretch but the direct is in 2 days so I'm just gonna put this out there just in case it actually happens: Collaboration Abilities

A lot of people have pointed out that we already got Z-moves and Mega Evos so another obvious mechanic to expand on would be abilities. These could be like another version of Hidden Abilities that some specific pokemon have allowing them to fuse/sort of work together in multi-battles. i.e. the 3rd legendary could maybe wield either the Sword or Shield mascot and maybe some older pokemon like Aegislash could get a Collab going with a new species or sth.

This would cover a lot of ground such as buffed up abilities, potential for both nostalgia pokemon and new pokemon to use it, the rumored "armor" thing that people are going on, all in a fairly balanced and reasonable setting with a lot of room for creativity.

DannyDark

So this is a bit of a stretch but the direct is in 2 days so I'm just gonna put this out there just in case it actually happens: Collaboration Abilities

A lot of people have pointed out that we already got Z-moves and Mega Evos so another obvious mechanic to expand on would be abilities. These could be like another version of Hidden Abilities that some specific pokemon have allowing them to fuse/sort of work together in multi-battles. i.e. the 3rd legendary could maybe wield either the Sword or Shield mascot and maybe some older pokemon like Aegislash could get a Collab going with a new species or sth.

This would cover a lot of ground such as buffed up abilities, potential for both nostalgia pokemon and new pokemon to use it, the rumored "armor" thing that people are going on, all in a fairly balanced and reasonable setting with a lot of room for creativity.

So more abilities that work like Plus and Minus?

Mag Prime

The Pokemon Avenger
So more abilities that work like Plus and Minus?

Well kinda, but in a more visual way. As in not just a stat boost, more like temporary fusion which in some cases could be just an unarmed knight pokemon wielding Aegislash (or the cover legendaries) or something else that works.

Other examples of what they could do with this would be:
  • A couple of version exclusives from opposite versions having that so you can only get the fusion by trading,
  • The lesser legendary trio can pairwise fuse (so you get 3 different combinations... Maybe a lion, an eagle and a snake can turn into different variants of a gryphon, a manticore or a sphynx etc)
  • Maybe the league or just the champion is a double battle with 2 pseudo-legendaries that can fuse etc. Or maybe it's a single the first time you clear and a double battle with this pseudo-legendary fusion in the post-game to add difficulty.
  • Obligatory Pikachu + sth (but for the anime I'm not sure if they would retcon Pikachu's ability to make this work)
In any case, it's a fairly versatile concept that they can then use in all sorts of ways/situations. Also a way to further differentiate single and multi metas. Again, I know it sounds like a long-shot but I don't know what else they intend to do with "Sword" & "Shield" mascots, the icons of which are basically wolf heads on a sword/shield. Anyway, I guess we will find out in 2 days. Just saying I've called it in case I'm not totally off.

BlackButterfree

I just looked at the Pokéjungle leaks. Never mind the fact that one of the alleged Pokémon is called TWINK APE, which would never get past a censor, there's no way someone could get their hands on a demo this early. Also, a dolphin Pokémon? Come on, we all know that Game Freak is never gonna give us that. I'm calling fake lol