• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

ShadowForce720

I just looked at the Pokéjungle leaks. Never mind the fact that one of the alleged Pokémon is called TWINK APE, which would never get past a censor, there's no way someone could get their hands on a demo this early. Also, a dolphin Pokémon? Come on, we all know that Game Freak is never gonna give us that. I'm calling fake lol

Not that I think that, that dex rumor is real, however that being said in regards to the idea that Gamefreak would never give us a Dolphin pokemon, I think it's important to point out that not that long ago some people said the same thing about the idea of a Chimera pokemon or a Koala pokemon and yet in gen 7 we got both, so while this dex rumor is probably fake, I don't think it's safe to say that Gamefreak would never give us a Dolphin pokemon because as long as pokemon keep going and we keep getting new generations of pokemon there is always going to be a chance that we will wind up eventually getting a Dolphin pokemon.

Plus I think it should be pointed out that before gens 6 & 7 that we would never get some of the stuff that we did wind up getting in gen 6 & 7.

FullFathomsFive

Given we have fewer than 24 hours before we presumably know a whole lot more about the games, I'm going to get some rampant speculation/wishlisting off my chest, starting with broad analogues (perhaps gender-swapped) to the following historical personalities:

- Charles Darwin, on account of him being one of the most important people to have ever existed for the Pokemon franchise.

- Isambard Kingdom Brunel, to embody the industrialisation themes Galar clearly has going on.

- Mary Anning, to serve as Galar's fossil expert.

- A character who embodies literary themes, be it Shakespearean or Wonderland-esque. They might be a Ghost or Fairy user, respectively.

- Gog and Magog, the twins giants of legend, represented in an evoluntionary line. They could be cycloptic; Ogg, to Oggem, to Magoggem.

- Some villainous Luddites, with flat caps, braces and wrenches.

Acer11

Given we have fewer than 24 hours before we presumably know a whole lot more about the games, I'm going to get some rampant speculation/wishlisting off my chest, starting with broad analogues (perhaps gender-swapped) to the following historical personalities:

- Charles Darwin, on account of him being one of the most important people to have ever existed for the Pokemon franchise.

- Isambard Kingdom Brunel, to embody the industrialisation themes Galar clearly has going on.

- Mary Anning, to serve as Galar's fossil expert.

- A character who embodies literary themes, be it Shakespearean or Wonderland-esque. They might be a Ghost or Fairy user, respectively.

- Gog and Magog, the twins giants of legend, represented in an evoluntionary line. They could be cycloptic; Ogg, to Oggem, to Magoggem.

- Some villainous Luddites, with flat caps, braces and wrenches.
The 4th subject would reference, respectively, William Shakespeare and Lewis Carrol.

Also, I would think of musicians based on the following:
The Beatles (Paul McCartney, John Lennon, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr), The Rolling Stones, Elton John, and Genesis.

And let's not forget about characters from British literature such as Sherlock Holmes and Mary Poppins, though the latter character may be out of the question due to a strong copyright.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Just a reminder that Unova, Kalos, and Alola weren't full of references to historical and/or famous people from America, France, and Hawaii respectively. Galar will likely be no different in that regard.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Just a reminder that Unova, Kalos, and Alola weren't full of references to historical and/or famous people from America, France, and Hawaii respectively. Galar will likely be no different in that regard.
People are allowed to speculate in a thread dedicated to speculation.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
He wasn’t trying to shoot anyone down for speculating he’s just wanting you all to not get your hopes up about references to musicians!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Did I ever say they weren't allowed to speculate? I'm just providing facts that may aid in making more realistic speculation and help people to not get their hopes up. What people do with that is up to them.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
He wasn’t trying to shoot anyone down for speculating he’s just wanting you all to not get your hopes up about references to musicians!

Did I ever say they weren't allowed to speculate? I'm just providing facts that may aid in making more realistic speculation and helping people to not get their hopes up. What people do with that is up to them.

My apologies. It was my understanding that this thread was a place for people to speculate on what they think could be seen in the upcoming games, whether grounded in reality and agreeing with precedent or not. I don't think you need to fact check every person's speculation. You also seemed very against rumors/giving them attention, so I found it interesting you frequent the rumor/speculation thread.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
My apologies. It was my understanding that this thread was a place for people to speculate on what they think could be seen in the upcoming games, whether grounded in reality and agreeing with precedent or not.

It's not only a place for people to speculate, but also a place to discuss said speculation, which includes why certain pieces of speculation may be realistic or not.

You also seemed very against rumors/giving them attention, so I found it interesting you frequent the rumor/speculation thread.

I'm against unsupported rumors, but I still find grounded speculation interesting and worth discussion.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
It's not only a place for people to speculate, but also a place to discuss said speculation, which includes why certain pieces of speculation may be realistic or not.

I'm against unsupported rumors, but I still find grounded speculation interesting and worth discussion.

Thank you for clarifying.

On topic, tomorrow should clarify a lot of rumors. I wonder which rumors will become more likely, and which ones will drop off.

Missingno.Fan

Does anyone remember the first rumor about a wooden horse and a metal snake being the the game mascots. I can buy that. I feel that the wolf is the trio master.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Does anyone remember the first rumor about a wooden horse and a metal snake being the the game mascots. I can buy that. I feel that the wolf is the trio master.

That leak managed to predict both the titles of the games and the region setting accurately, a week before the games were announced. That same rumor also mentioned Armored Evolutions, which are most likely fake due to the Mewtwo information in CoroCoro, but leaks in the past have had both true and false info. Now, in all honesty it could’ve been a lucky guess, but I think it might have a bit of merit.

Red and Blue

I wouldn't mind the wooden horse and metal snake theory being true. Especially the snake since it could potentially give us our first Poison type legendary

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I honestly don't really consider that rumor predicting the region and names to be all that credible. The UK was widely speculated to be the region Gen VIII would be set in, and it's not hard to get Sword and Shield from a UK based region (in fact, I'm surprised people were speculating stuff Crown and Sceptre before Sword and Shield).

It's entirely possible that guy was piggybacking off of common speculation and just got lucky with the names.

ChavaWM

I couldn't pronounce almost any of the names to any of the "pokemon" in that recent leak. Except Twinkape and I have no comment on that.
The wooden horse is the only rumor I hope is true

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
A Grass Wooden Horse and Metal Snake (Poison/Steel?) would give us our first Grass and Poison Version Mascot Legendaries (I am aware Venusar was both but he's not a Legendary). Wondering if we ever gonna get a Bug and Normal ones.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Here comes another one, from the guy who leaked Fire Piranha Plant for Mario Tennis, among other things.

-Wild Pokemon are like Pokemon Let's Go (not sure about catching mechanics) [Roaming Pokemon, although I wouldn't hold my breath for this one]
- "Open World" in routes
-Will have raid battles for local and online [Probably what the Reddit leak confused for giant Pokemon]
-Release date is November 15th

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Here comes another one, from the guy who leaked Fire Piranha Plant for Mario Tennis, among other things.

-Wild Pokemon are like Pokemon Let's Go (not sure about catching mechanics) [Roaming Pokemon, although I wouldn't hold my breath for this one]
- "Open World" in routes
-Will have raid battles for local and online [Probably what the Reddit leak confused for giant Pokemon]
-Release date is November 15th

But wasn’t it already confirmed that encounters won’t be like Let’s Go during the first trailer?

Everything else sounds pretty cool though. Even if “Open World” in routes is pretty vague.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
But wasn’t it already confirmed that encounters won’t be like Let’s Go during the first trailer?

Everything else sounds pretty cool though. Even if “Open World” in routes is pretty vague.
I mean aren’t a ton of routes like that already? It’s not like they block you from going to those secret passageways to new areas that contain items for example. Although I guess it could be something akin to those two ways you could go back from Parfum Palace but still.