• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Yes and no, if this whole Gigantamaxing is true they will give Charizard a new form to have an excuse for it to be the Champion's Ace which I personally hate...
He might not be the champion. There's a theory that he's actually the villainous team leader. Also, his ace might also be a new Galar Pokemon that they don't want to reveal yet for some reason.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
That leak is 99 % definitely true. There's literally next to no possibility anyone could just have quessed all of that.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
That leak is 99 % definitely true. There's literally next to no possibility anyone could just have quessed all of that.
Except it could also be a case of someone watching the trailer and then filling it in with a bunch of random stuff. There's also the fact that no one knew about this rumor until after the direct ended.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Farfetch'd evolution eh? Seems awesome!

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The fact that the rumor claims that the Fairy gym is the first one ever gives credence to the idea that this was made by someone who saw the trailer early.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Does anyone remember gen6?

Several (false) assumptions were made about the starters final types based on moves they were screen using.

Don't fall into this trap.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
The fact that the rumor claims that the Fairy gym is the first one ever gives credence to the idea that this was made by someone who saw the trailer early.
Um.. The rumor says the Fairy Gym is the fourth Galar Gym.

Though it is the second Fairy Gym, not first one. We got the first Fairy Gym from XY.

Miar

Wigglytuff Guild recruit
Bear with me, going back to an older thread

The Sword and Shield have the same wolf-head. What if the box Legends are actually the same Pokemon and it changes form based on your version?

Well, it could still happen. They are the most similar-looking of box legends to date, so if, for example they evolved from the same base, Cosmog-style, there could still be two of them in the story.

I could imagine it died long ago and the Nazca-line-carved hill is actually its burial site. It's THAT big. (The little carvings are people being terrorized by it)
That's also why you can't actually walk on top of it. The villains, though, will revive it despite warnings found in the ruins and seriously regret it when it becomes the main evil in the game.

Yeah-no. Obviously not Zacian and Zamazenta anymore, but 'it' could be why they team up at the end of that movie?
Though from a gameplay perspective, your Legend is the true hero.

edit: Y'know, now that we know about Dynamax, that could be why 'it' appears so darn big. But I'd love even more if 'it' really was just that large and THEN goes Dynamax.

Also, are there NO gyms/soccer-ish fields in the entire south half of Galar? What are we doing down there? How long before our first actual badge?
Playing with our controllable camera and getting in wild battles of the random, overworld, and Kaiju-size kind, apparently.
I'm sure plenty goes on in-between the towns, but I think I was right on this one. Half of the map is just wilds.

Last edited:

Creyk

That leaks also revealed the truth about the grass and water type starter.
the water type is spy themed and the grass one is a big strong gorilla. it said more but I can't remember anymore

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
the water type is spy themed and the grass one is a big strong gorilla. it said more but I can't remember anymore

We shall see.

I'm curious how Grookey's magic stick will change.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
https://snag.gy/umzO15.jpg

This one got a lot right, too.

Sobble, Sizzile makes perfect sense name-wise, however Intelleon as a spy-theme is a top-notch approach for a chameleon since we now officially know it uses nearby puddles to hide itself.

As for Scorbunny potentially ending up as a humanoid fighter and Grookey as giant gorilla, I wonder if the feminine and masculine theme will be present along Sobble being sleek, or won't as it'd be following the exact XY pattern.

DannyDark

So Incineroar 2.0, Greninja 2.0 and Chesnaught 2.0.

I kid.

While I'm really not too fussed about Scorbunny's evolution, if these end up being true I'm interested to see how Sobble's looks, and excited to see what Grookey becomes.

P0KeMaNIaC

Theses Leaks were posted a week before the Pokemon Direct.

Pokémon Sword and Shield details

Your rival is named Hop, but you will also be facing of against Bede and Marnie.

Team Yell is the gang in this game, who are well meaning fans of Marnie causing trouble.

To become part of the gym challenge, you will have to get an endorsement. Bede gets an endorsement from Chairman Rose and his secretary Oleana.

Eternatus is the evil legendary. The other legendary will be a wolf, who will either have a shield mane or hold a sword like Great Wolf Sif. Don't recall its name.

Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing are new dynamics that will supersize pokemon in specific areas. Gigantamaxing is different from dynamax as it changes what the pokemon looks like. Meowth looks like long cat. Lapras gets layers like musical bars to its shell and musical notes. Pikachu looks like retro fat pikachu.

Sonia is Leon's former rival who is researching the dynamax phenomenon at the behest of her grandmother and professor of the game.

Some pokemon, like Farfechtd, will get regional evolutions, like Sirfechtd. Meowth looks like a ball of spiky grey fur.

Skwovet and Greedunt iirc are chipmunk pokemon who will hide in berry trees and attack randomly if you shake for too many berries. If they attack, you lose half the berries that dropped.

The fourth gym is the first Fairy type gym, led by an actress named Opal. Milo, Nessa, and Kabu are the first ones.

Before fighting the gym leaders, you have to complete the gym challenges.
- Milo has you herding sheep pokemon named Wooloo, but Pamper, electric corgi pokemon, will startle them and send them rolling elsewhere.
- Nessa has you running through a maze where water blocks the way.
- Kabu requires you to catch pokemon and get 5 points, but you have to be in a party battle with another trainer who's also trying to catch it.

While there is a transit system, you will have to go through the Wild Area at times, an open world biome that has a weather system and little pockets where wild pokemon dynamax and have to be beaten in a for person raid. You will randomly see nearby players and interact with them to get their league cards and items.

Camping is how you play with pokemon now. You'll get two toys, a feather toy and toy pokeball, which can raise friendship. You can make curry which will raise starts and friendliness.

Pokémon will not walk beside you in the overworld map.

Scorbunny will have fighting moves, but is pure fighter. It becomes Raboot, but I don't remember the final evolution, except that it looks like a fighter. It looks humanoid.

Sobble becomes Sizzile and then Intelleon, a chameleon with a spy theme.

Grookey will end up as a giant gorilla that beats a wood drum to attack.

The best Pokémon so far is the blue seagull who when it dives, either gets a barracuda in its mouth or a pikachu, which it launches at its enemy.

Creyk

We shall see.

I'm curious how Grookey's magic stick will change.
I went back to the leak to get the exact words:
Sobble becomes Sizzile and then Intelleon, a chameleon with a spy theme

As for the doubters, it has been confirmed that the information has been out there for 3+ weeks so it's not someone watching the trailer and then making stuff up

here: https://old.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/bx2hnp/spoiler_pokemon_ss_leak_confirmed_by_direct/

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Sobble, Sizzile makes perfect sense name-wise, however Intelleon as a spy-theme is a top-notch approach for a chameleon since we now officially know it uses nearby puddles to hide itself.

As for Scorbunny potentially ending up as a humanoid fighter and Grookey as giant gorilla, I wonder if the feminine and masculine theme will be present along Sobble being sleek, or won't as it'd be following the exact XY pattern.

Sobble could end up having a femme fatale, noir spy theme. It’d be interesting to see how they implement that into its current design.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I went back to the leak to get the exact words:
Sobble becomes Sizzile and then Intelleon, a chameleon with a spy theme

As for the doubters, it has been confirmed that the information has been out there for 3+ weeks so it's not someone watching the trailer and then making stuff up

But that also doesn't mean it's not someone that saw it early and made more stuff up.

That said.... Gorrila with drum to attack..... Hope it looks good and has a fun type combo....

Creyk

But that also doesn't mean it's not someone that saw it early and made more stuff up.

That said.... Gorrila with drum to attack..... Hope it looks good and has a fun type combo....

The way someone could have seen it is if they have access to private youtube videos before they are made public. But they never upload those trailers 3+ weeks before publishing, the earliest is 2 weeks. Also if someone is connected enough to see the trailer first that very far in advance then chances are good he has access to other information as well like another trailer that was not made public yet but he can watch it.
Either way there is no reason to doubt it at this point unless for those people who enjoy being contrarians for the sake of it.

YOOMTAH

Let's dance~
The regional evolutions in the screenshot make me really excited. Sirfetch'd better be using that leek as a walking stick.