• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
The way someone could have seen it is if they have access to private youtube videos before they are made public. But they never upload those trailers 3+ weeks before publishing, the earliest is 2 weeks. Also if someone is connected enough to see the trailer first that very far in advance then chances are good he has access to other information as well like another trailer that was not made public yet but he can watch it.
Either way there is no reason to doubt it at this point unless for those people who enjoy being contrarians for the sake of it.

Fair point.... Still.....

I don't mind the gorrila bit, just not sure about the big drum part.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
And your source for where this was posted...? It's all well and good to say it was posted a week ago, but you need to back it up with a link to where that was posted. Otherwise anyone could come up with details and claim they had been somewhere a week ago.

Orphalesion

I would really appreciate it if they break the supposed "feminine, masculine...'other'..." pattern in SwSh, mostly because I'm reaaaaaally not a fan of patterns.

What kinda annoys me about the leak is that it points out that the 4th Gym is Fairy typed....but then it just says the first three are Milo, Nessa and Kabu.... as if we're supposed to know who the frack Nessa and Kabu are... From the trials it kinda sounds like Nessa's water type (plus her name is similar to Naesse, the German word for Moisture) but what's Kabu?

Creyk

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I think this still from the trailer may be a hint to the credibility of the leak:
D8Tf-dgVUAE9Twc

The leak mentions chipmunk Pokémon, and the graphic on the shirt looks pretty close to that.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
What kinda annoys me about the leak is that it points out that the 4th Gym is Fairy typed....but then it just says the first three are Milo, Nessa and Kabu.... as if we're supposed to know who the frack Nessa and Kabu are... From the trials it kinda sounds like Nessa's water type (plus her name is similar to Naesse, the German word for Moisture) but what's Kabu?

Or Nessa like Nessie as in the Loch Ness Monster, which also points to water type.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Where did you see a Farfetch'd evolution?

Some pokemon, like Farfechtd, will get regional evolutions, like Sirfechtd. Meowth looks like a ball of spiky grey fur.

Now, what's interesting if this turns out to be true is what exactly is a regional evolution? Does this mean these evolutions will not occur in future games, or is it simply new evolutions added a la gen 4?

R_N

Now, what's interesting if this turns out to be true is what exactly is a regional evolution? Does this mean these evolutions will not occur in future games, or is it simply new evolutions added a la gen 4?
Assuming he's not just tripping on his words (ie: "regional evolutions" = "new cross-gen evolution) it's possible that's the shtick to explain why farfetch'd now evolves into sirfetch'd despite not doing so before. It's ~*the region*~ that's inducing it so now they don't have to require a move or item for it to work.

In theory, anyway. Not sure how the Meowth plays into it. New evolution for Meowth he forgot the name of? Another regional variant in line with Alolan Meowth? Did not actually mean Meowth and just got his words confused with another cat pokemon?

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
https://pokemon.gamespress.com/PREP...LD-AREA-AND-JOIN-A-MAX-RAID-BATTLE-IN-POKEMON
Summaries of the Starters:
Grookey
The stick that Grookey holds, originally from the forest where groups of Grookey live, is imbued with special powers after being exposed to the energy within Grookey’s body.
Its green fur creates energy from sunlight.
When Grookey drums with its stick near wilted flowers and leaves, they regain their color.

Scorbunny
Scorbunny uses its powerful legs to confuse and disorient its opponents by running and jumping around them.
Because the soles of its feet can become very hot, Scorbunny’s kick can burn and damage opponents, too.
With a sac in its chest containing viscous fire energy, Scorbunny can increase its heart rate and body temperature by running around.
This awakens the true power of its fire energy and greatly increases its physical abilities.

Sobble
When Sobble touches water, its body changes its pattern and color, allowing it to blend into its surroundings.
A rather timid Pokémon, Sobble will secrete the water within its body like sweat and disappear into its surroundings when nervous or embarrassed.
With tears that are as potent as a hundred onions, Sobble will start to bawl if it feels threatened, spreading its tears around the area and causing everyone around it to start crying uncontrollably.
Sobble will then use this distraction as a chance to escape.

Those summaries are fitting this rumor's starter evolution.
Grookey Evo - Gorilla Drummer
Scorbunny Evo - Bunny Fighter (Humanoid Bunny)
Sobble Evo - Spy Chameleon

Grey Wind

Assuming he's not just tripping on his words (ie: "regional evolutions" = "new cross-gen evolution) it's possible that's the shtick to explain why farfetch'd now evolves into sirfetch'd despite not doing so before. It's ~*the region*~ that's inducing it so now they don't have to require a move or item for it to work.

In theory, anyway. Not sure how the Meowth plays into it. New evolution for Meowth he forgot the name of? Another regional variant in line with Alolan Meowth? Did not actually mean Meowth and just got his words confused with another cat pokemon?
I wonder if he meant pre-evolution for Meowth? It would be fairly random but we know they had planned one before, and "ball of spiky grey fur" sounds like a tiny kitten to me.

KKS-Lapras

I wish so much these Direct videos and major reveals would be released on Saturdays, so I could enjoy the new info in real time.

In the leaks others are saying seem to have been vindicated, were there details of Eeveelutions?

Bus

Team Yell, Gigantimaxed Musical Lapras, Grookey final evo beating a drum.

Sound-type
That'd be nice and I have championed the idea of a 'Sound' type being added, but just because the evil team's name is 'Yell', it doesn't indicate what primary type they use. Only Teams Mamga & Aqua were like that; no other team ever stuck to the theme of their name.
Team Plasma didn't specialize in Electric
Team Flare didn't specialize in Fire
Team Skull didn't specialize in Dark
Team Rocket & Team Galactic couldn't have even had a type attributed to their name

Basically, if there was no pattern before, it's unlikely there'd be one now. Again, though, I really would like to see 'Sound' added as a type.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Oh wow, we actually have a rumor with some credibility to it. That's nice for a change. Let's just remember that this guy could have had some information, and then made up everything else, so this isn't confirmed yet, but it's certainly interesting.

Last edited:

MalcolmBelmontS

REALLY hope Sobble's Evoultion is Water/Ghost and not Water/Dark so we don't get another Greninja (i like Greninja don't get me wrong but i want Sobble to have a different typing)

Creyk

Oh wow, we actually have a rumor with some credibility to it. That's nice for a change. Let's just remember that this guy could have had some information, and then made up everything else, so this is confirmed yet, but it's certainly interesting.
I hope you don't still think this. If you look around on twitter tons more information was discovered which verified he is saying the truth. Even 2 other pokemon were discovered hidden in the trailer that the guy did mention. He was right point blank period.
Here is some proof for those interested:
https://twitter.com/Jackson556D/sta...m/Jackson556D/status/1136380671482572801?s=20

and another one

https://twitter.com/pokejungle/stat...om/pokejungle/status/1136383399072063493?s=20

Creyk

More non-Fighting types learn Double Kick than actual Fighting types. Scorbunny learning it does not mean that it will become another Fire/Fighting Pokemon.
By the current standing of things it seems to be pure fire although I am confused about what the typing of the other 2 could be if we take into account the new information we received.
the spy theme and the big physical monkey. Maybe the spy is dark or poison? IDK