• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

I hadn't seen that. Interesting stuff. This certainly does lend more credence.

However, neither of those images can be taken as definitive proof. Yes, they kind of sort of look like a chipmunk Pokémon if you squint, and they very well could be, but the fact of the matter is that these are very indistinct images, and confirmation bias could be playing a big part here, as in we could only be seeing a chipmunk because that's what we want to see. And even if this is the rumored chipmunk, the fact of the matter is that real leaks often have fake info mixed in with them. This leak is looking promising, but it's still far from certain.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I hadn't seen that. Interesting stuff. This certainly does lend more credence.

However, neither of those images can be taken as definitive proof. Yes, they kind of sort of look like a chipmunk Pokémon is you squint, and they very well could be, but the fact of the matter is that these are very indistinct images, and confirmation bias could be playing a big part here, as in we could only be seeing a chipmunk because that's what we want to see. And even if this is the rumored chipmunk, the fact of the matter is that real leaks often have fake info mixed in with them. This leak is looking promising, but it's still far from certain.
Especially considering that even the Chinese Leak from SM had incorrect information, such as claiming that Ash-Greninja's form change was the result of Z-Crystals.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Is it wrong that I am still hoping for new Mega Evolutions and Ultra Beast?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Is it wrong that I am still hoping for new Mega Evolutions and Ultra Beast?

It's only wrong if you're not okay with being let down. But if you expect to be let down, then hope all you want.

XXD17

Draco rex
REALLY hope Sobble's Evoultion is Water/Ghost and not Water/Dark so we don't get another Greninja (i like Greninja don't get me wrong but i want Sobble to have a different typing)
"Intelleon" makes me think it will be water/ psychic

I wonder if he meant pre-evolution for Meowth? It would be fairly random but we know they had planned one before, and "ball of spiky grey fur" sounds like a tiny kitten to me.

I feel like it meant that meowth will get a split evo.

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
We also have to consider that the person that gave us all this information seemed to have not been in the best state of mind when he wrote it, and admitted he didn't remember everything all that well (and that he also left a great deal out). This may explain some of the errors he made, saying Fighting where he clearly meant Fire, that the Fairy gym is the first one in the series, etc.

Shingamon

The flying flame
Personally, I don't think that the chipmunk pokemon is a new thing, to me, it looks too similar to Pachirisu with the spikes on the tail and stuff. if there are actually regional variants, that could make sense as to why it is a bit 'chunky' if you know what I mean. just a speculation

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
It's interesting what the leaker does mention and doesn't. As well as what he "gets wrong" like the first Fairy gym as well as saying Scorbunny stays pure fighter type.

And then doesn't mention Grookey or Sobble's final types.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Another screenshot of the trailer from Twitter, showing what genuinely looks like a chipmunk:

D8U8MdiVUAA_q96

It looks too different to be a variant of Pachirisu, in my eyes.
Where did that come from clip wise? I didn't see it in the footage.

XXD17

Draco rex
By the current standing of things it seems to be pure fire although I am confused about what the typing of the other 2 could be if we take into account the new information we received.
the spy theme and the big physical monkey. Maybe the spy is dark or poison? IDK

Probably water/ psychic

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Especially considering that even the Chinese Leak from SM had incorrect information, such as claiming that Ash-Greninja's form change was the result of Z-Crystals.
It may very well have been in early iterations of the concept.

That being said, no we don't have any 100% proof beyond a shadow of a doubt that this rumor is correct. People keep pointing to the fact that one of the kids in the trailer has a chipmunk-like Pokemon on his shirt, but what if this "leaker" noticed the same thing? It could still simply be that he managed to get ahold of the Direct footage early somehow. It does have more credence than any other rumor we've seen so far (in that it actually has some credence at all), but it's not absolute, and even if he really does have information, nothing has been finalized yet so details could still change before the game goes live.

DannyDark

By the current standing of things it seems to be pure fire although I am confused about what the typing of the other 2 could be if we take into account the new information we received.
the spy theme and the big physical monkey. Maybe the spy is dark or poison? IDK

A Spy theme would definitely lend itself to Dark typing the most, in my opinion.
Donkey Kong though.. Fighting/Rock/Normal, it's hard to settle on one right now.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
If the rumour is true I think the squirrel/chipmunk line is dark & grass type because according to the rumour it's greedy (dark is called evil in Japan so that fits) and they seem to be involved with berry trees. Not to mention that in the design seen in the crowd and the shirt it's tail appears a bit plantlike. Edit. And it's dark coloration

Edit. Now that I read the rumour again I think it's possible that galarian meowth is normally curled up to a ball but spreads out in it's gigantamaxing form.

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Makes me wonder if we Water/Ghost or Water/Psychic would be a better typing.
I can see people derive the Intel part as Intelligent to think it may end up as part Psychic, however Chameleon's and a spy share invisibility as mutual trait and it's difficult to spot IRL. Can't think anything but Ghost as a mandatory type, if it indeed is a spy.

Last edited: