• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Leonhart

Imagineer
RileyXY1 said:
Leon is Team Yell's anonymous leader who uses his social media and power of fandom to target and damage trainers reception so they lose sponsorship, in order to remain an unchallenged champion from trainers who he thinks could beat him. He thinks that Sonia purposefully let him win their match years ago and feels weak. He capture's the other version's legendary in order to feel powerful despite leaving Galar unprotected from the evil legendary Eternatus.

None of this really interested me other than that part about Dande (Leon), and only because it sounds really creative in terms of what a villain's motivations are. I wasn't really on board with some of the theories that I read a few days ago about him being the villainous team leader, but I think I'd like it if those end up being his intentions.

shadowF

Didn't know if I should post this in the starter thread but I am playing it safe and putting it here since it does talk about the leaks.

I have a feeling the final starters evolutions will be:

Scorbunny final Evolution-Fire/Fighting.
The reason I think this is because of the fighting type moves Scorbunny has in the demo at E3. Plus Raboot seems to revolve in kicking so I am thinking it will be fire/fighting with a soccer theme.

Sobble final Evolution-Water/Psychic or Water/Ghost
The reason I think this is because of the spy theme that Sobble has according to the leaks which would be interpreted with Ghost since Spies are always in disguise and invisible but it could also be Psychic since Intelleon (name of Sobble's final evolution) sounds like intelligence and Psychic is usually referred with intelligence. Kinda like Alakazam and it's high IQ plus plenty of movies/television/anime/manga have spies with Psychic abilities.

Grookey Final Evolution-Grass/Dark
The reason I think this is because of the dark type moves Grookey has in the demo as well as it evolving to a giant gorilla that beats a wood drum to attack. Also I can see it be a reference to the British invasion music that they had back in the 60's and 70's where there were some edgy U.K. Bands.

So in the end Fire/Fighting for Scorbunny Soccer Theme, Water/Psychic for Sobble Spy Theme (maybe Water/Ghost) and Grass/Dark for Grookey British edgy Music Theme. This also balances since Fighting is weak to Psychic and Ghost and Psychic and Ghost is weak to Dark and Dark is weak to Fighting! So it completes the entire trifecta in terms of each starter being weaker to the other one and is perfectly balanced.

Creyk

Didn't know if I should post this in the starter thread but I am playing it safe and putting it here since it does talk about the leaks.

I have a feeling the final starters evolutions will be:

Scorbunny final Evolution-Fire/Fighting.
The reason I think this is because of the fighting type moves Scorbunny has in the demo at E3. Plus Raboot seems to revolve in kicking so I am thinking it will be fire/fighting with a soccer theme.

Sobble final Evolution-Water/Psychic or Water/Ghost
The reason I think this is because of the spy theme that Sobble has according to the leaks which would be interpreted with Ghost since Spies are always in disguise and invisible but it could also be Psychic since Intelleon (name of Sobble's final evolution) sounds like intelligence and Psychic is usually referred with intelligence. Kinda like Alakazam and it's high IQ plus plenty of movies/television/anime/manga have spies with Psychic abilities.

Grookey Final Evolution-Grass/Dark
The reason I think this is because of the dark type moves Grookey has in the demo as well as it evolving to a giant gorilla that beats a wood drum to attack. Also I can see it be a reference to the British invasion music that they had back in the 60's and 70's where there were some edgy U.K. Bands.

So in the end Fire/Fighting for Scorbunny Soccer Theme, Water/Psychic for Sobble Spy Theme (maybe Water/Ghost) and Grass/Dark for Grookey British edgy Music Theme. This also balances since Fighting is weak to Psychic and Ghost and Psychic and Ghost is weak to Dark and Dark is weak to Fighting! So it completes the entire trifecta in terms of each starter being weaker to the other one and is perfectly balanced.
This is a solid theory I would not be surprised if it came true.
And if this is true...the water starter might be the best in the end

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
So it completes the entire trifecta in terms of each starter being weaker to the other one and is perfectly balanced.

Basically copying the same thing the Kalos region did with the starter trio, except rotating the secondary typing.

Grass/Fighting -> Dark
Fire/Psychic -> Fighting
Water/Dark -> Psychic (maybe Ghost).

But I do have to note that Ghost isn't super effective against Fighting (offensively it is neutral, defensively it is immune to Fighting and it is weak against Dark).

DaijobuPlease

Note that from how its worded the leaker was only talking about Scorbunny being pure Fire. They outright said they didn't remember what the final evo was other than that it looked humanoid and like a fighter.

I was about to mention it after reading it over again and again. It specifically pointed towards Scorbunny nothing about the remainder. It was saying scor even though it learns fighting moves is pure fire. So that means its next evos can change if I am reading it correctly.

shadowF

Basically copying the same thing the Kalos region did with the starter trio, except rotating the secondary typing.

Grass/Fighting -> Dark
Fire/Psychic -> Fighting
Water/Dark -> Psychic (maybe Ghost).

But I do have to note that Ghost isn't super effective against Fighting (offensively it is neutral, defensively it is immune to Fighting and it is weak against Dark).

Yeah , I see it going like this:

Grass/Dark-Weak against Fighting
Fire/Fighting-Weak against Psychic (no effect on Ghost)
Water/Psychic (maybe Ghost)- no effect on Dark ( Ghost not very effective to Dark)

Further credence is in the Pokemon Website which says that Grookey is a mischievous Pokemon which seems to signal Dark type in the future. Plus with the Dark type moves it learns in the demo it further makes me think it will end up as Grass/Dark with a punk rock theme.

Scorbunny also is mentioned as having its "Powerful legs as its pride" which further lends to the theory that it will end up with a soccer theme and have fighting as its second typing. I still don't think Scorbunny will end up as pure fire, maybe for its first evolution it will be pure fire but for it's second evolution it has to have another type since the last two generations have had starters with two typings. Also the fact that the leak says it looks like a fighter and it has fighting type moves in the demo makes Fire/Fighting very likely.

Sobble is really hard as there is evidence for Ghost and evidence for Psychic. The fact that the website mentions Sobble as a Pokemon that "touches water, its body changes its pattern and color, allowing it to blend into its surroundings. Sobble is a bit timid, and so if it gets nervous or embarrassed, it will secrete the water within its body like sweat and disappear into the surroundings." Makes me think Ghost, plus since it hides itself in the water and spies are known to be incognito and disappear makes Ghost as a fitting type since it would allow Sobble as Intelleon to disappear and attack its opponents when they least expect it, somewhat like Decidueye who is also part Ghost and "It can hide from opponents by masking its presence, allowing it to attack unaware foes". As for Psychic in the website it does says "Sobble’s tears are capable of making others cry. This effect is so strong, it is said that its tears are as potent as 100 onions. If Sobble feels threatened, it will start to bawl and spread its tears around the area, causing everyone around it to start crying uncontrollably. Sobble will then use this distraction as a chance to escape." This makes it sound like Psychic type since Psychic type Pokemon are known to make others do things it wants as well as Intelleon sounding a lot like Psychic. Plus as a chameleon it can make others think it looks like something else when it doesn't. Such as an Intelleon with a Psychic type can make another Pokemon think it is Arceus but really it just is Intelleon using its Psychic abilities to make the other Pokemon think it is something it is not masking its reality.

Either way all four typings fit and would still allow the balance of Grass having an advantage towards water, Fire having an advantage towards Grass and Water having an advantage towards fire.

So what do you guys think? Sobble with a Ghost or Psychic type for it last evolution as Intelleon?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think that the moves guarantee Grass/Dark for Grookey and Fire/Fighting for Scorbunny.

D*N

Musical Star
I rather have the almost perfect triangle with fighting-psychic-dark than get ghost involved in this.

D*N

Musical Star
Ehhhh, we've already had the secondary triangle with the Kalos starters. IMO fighting and dark could use a rest.
I know we do. I was just saying I rather have this, than one with ghost in it if they go for dark and fighting anyways.

In my perfect world, they would just all be mono-typed

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ehhhh, we've already had the secondary triangle with the Kalos starters. IMO fighting and dark could use a rest.

Fighting could use a permanent benching, Grass taking on Dark won't hurt anything seeing how that's still unique for the Grass types. I'd take anything over a regular old boring Grass starter again, really sucks how Sceptile got the short stick back in gen 3. They should have retconned him into having the Dragon type permanently in ORAS, I mean they did that with Fairies so why not a type that is actually cool?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
If the leak is correct, I suspect Dark may be the most likely secondary typing for Sobble's evolution, as much as that treads on Greninja's toes (it's a bit ironic, because historically ninjas were actually something a lot closer to spies than the black-clad shadow warriors western media portrays them as, so a ninja water starter and a spy water starter sharing the same typing is surprisingly appropriate). Dark is the type most commonly associated with deceit and dishonorable practices such as spying.

Rakansen

ラルフ
If the leak is correct, I suspect Dark may be the most likely secondary typing for Sobble's evolution, as much as that treads on Greninja's toes (it's a bit ironic, because historically ninjas were actually something a lot closer to spies than the black-clad shadow warriors western media portrays them as, so a ninja water starter and a spy water starter sharing the same typing is surprisingly appropriate). Dark is the type most commonly associated with deceit and dishonorable practices such as spying.
If they're going with the spy/detective route for Sobble, I think Ghost is still an option as a secondary type, as it's often associated with stealth, as we see with Marshadow's typing and how shadow-related moves are Ghost-type (Shadow Ball, Shadow Sneak, etc.)

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Sobble could still end up as Water/Poison. Poison is also connected to the idea of underhand tactics, just like Dark, so maybe it could fit the spy theme. "Intelleon" feels like Psychic, though.
Grookey I'm afraid will end up as Grass/Dark and that became a problem since its stats suggest a defensive pokemon (and Grass/Dark is a bad defensive typing). So maybe staying pure Grass is the best for it.
Scorbunny I will assume the leaker was right and will remain pure Fire. Typos aside, they seemed sure of what they were saying.

Last edited:

shadowF

If they're going with the spy/detective route for Sobble, I think Ghost is still an option as a secondary type, as it's often associated with stealth, as we see with Marshadow's typing and how shadow-related moves are Ghost-type (Shadow Ball, Shadow Sneak, etc.)

I agree, I can see it go like this:

Grass/Dark
Fire/Fighting
Water/Ghost (maybe Psychic)

Is Water/Ghost a good typing for the competitive scene?

By the way, anyone think Charizard will get a Gigantamaxing form where it looks like the Welsh Dragon? It would make more sense why it is Leon's ace. Although I would really love the Welsh Dragon to be the Pseudo Legendary this time around.

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Is Water/Ghost a good typing for the competitive scene?

The only Water/Ghost type we've had so far is Jellicent, who was actually used quite extensively in Gen 5 due to hard countering some top threats such as Volcarona and Keldeo, but whose usage has dropped off somewhat since then. Jellicent is a bulkier, slower Pokemon however, whereas judging by Sobble's stats it won't be as bulky but will be a lot more of a powerhouse. Water/Ghost is pretty solid offensive typing (Ghost alone is fantastic offensive typing) so there's definitely room for it to be relevant, but we'll have to see exactly what its final evo's stats look like before we can really comment on where it might fit in.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Fighting could use a permanent benching, Grass taking on Dark won't hurt anything seeing how that's still unique for the Grass types. I'd take anything over a regular old boring Grass starter again, really sucks how Sceptile got the short stick back in gen 3. They should have retconned him into having the Dragon type permanently in ORAS, I mean they did that with Fairies so why not a type that is actually cool?
At least stop giving it to the starters. I dont mind Fire/Fighitng as a type in itself. And you forgot about Cacturne for Grass/Dark.

As for me, despite the Fighting moves and the leak, I refuse to believe in anything other than Fire/Fairy for Scorbunny. If powerful legs are its pride, jumping to the moon isn't out of reach as a concept and the moon has a heavy connection with rabbits in Japanese mythology.

Grookey should end up Grass/Rock just for the pun.

Sobble can be whatever. It's the starter I'm least interested in. Ghost could be a good type because of the invisible thing. But I'd be curious as to what the "sob" part of its name was supposed to mean if it ends up dropping it.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Sobble can be whatever. It's the starter I'm least interested in. Ghost could be a good type because of the invisible thing. But I'd be curious as to what the "sob" part of its name was supposed to mean if it ends up dropping it.

Its description on the website mentions that its tears can cause other people and Pokemon to cry, and it uses this as an escape tactic, hence "sob." Its name is probably a combination of "Sob" and "bubble".