• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I find it kind of weird that people are simultaneously protesting the decision to not include the National Dex and eagerly anticipating new information. Like, what happened to not wanting to buy the games?

Also, I think we were spoiled by the SM hype cycle, where they were dropping new trailers with new Pokemon literally every other week or so after E3. I think those still excited for the games expect that now, and it's not happening.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I find it kind of weird that people are simultaneously protesting the decision to not include the National Dex and eagerly anticipating new information. Like, what happened to not wanting to buy the games?

Also, I think we were spoiled by the SM hype cycle, where they were dropping new trailers with new Pokemon literally every other week or so after E3. I think those still excited for the games expect that now, and it's not happening.

You can do both...
I'm still getting both versions of the game, but I don't agree with the National Dex removal nor how Gamefreak and the defenders try and excuse it or 'apologize'. The games should have been put off a year, this whole 'anime and manga rely on games' thing is a thing I don't fully believe for a moment. The DP and XY sagas felt like the writers were expecting more time, and the BW manga is STILL going! The anime fully made well of the bonus time between gens 3 and 4, they can do so again if needed.
It's obvious they rushed to 1. Get a main game on the Switch and 2. Christmas sales

I really hope this backlash makes them think more and they don't pull an EA or Bethesda and flat out ignore it. One new game without all the Pokemon is fine, but if they do it again then they deserve every bit of backlash they receive. Every Pokemon is somebody's favorite, even the ugly ones like Bruxish!

And yeah, I don't like the delay between reveals. It just makes me feel uneased as we edge closer and closer, feeling like there's even less new Pokemon than Alola provided. As they don't have Alola forms/Megas to back the 'count' up this time, and I feel pretty confident in that matter. If Galar forms were a thing I'm sure we'd have seen some Kanto Pokemon in one by now :rolleyes:
We don't need to wait for set dates, just drop a trailer or something and some of the backlash will calm for awhile as people talk about how cute the new Pokegirls or Pokemon are. We're less than 5 months away now... we should have more than this! Release some positives to balance out the negatives

Jerimiyah

Banned

Y'know it is possible to look forward to new information about these games even if you don't intend to buy them. In my case I want to keep up with the new Pokemon because I play the TCG and watch the show, so of course I'm still hyped for whatever new Pokemon Shield & Sword introduce.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

SM released news more frequently, I wonder if it means it had more to offer than SWSH does

Orphalesion

You can do both...
I'm still getting both versions of the game, but I don't agree with the National Dex removal nor how Gamefreak and the defenders try and excuse it or 'apologize'. The games should have been put off a year, this whole 'anime and manga rely on games' thing is a thing I don't fully believe for a moment. The DP and XY sagas felt like the writers were expecting more time, and the BW manga is STILL going! The anime fully made well of the bonus time between gens 3 and 4, they can do so again if needed.
Yeah I mean the Anime is episodic anyway, so does it really matter whether Ash spends a few months more mucking about in Alola, learning the same hollow life lessons he already learned in all the other regions? Bring back some old characters for a few episodes each and people will be happy.

SM released news more frequently, I wonder if it means it had more to offer than SWSH does

This is what I'm starting to worry about as well. And before anybody pulls out "TheEy wAnT It tO Be An SuRpRiSeZ": No. No, the marketing for Pokemon has never worked that way. Remember when people kept insisting up until the very release of USUM that they'd "surprise" us with new Alola Forms? Remember how those people were 100% wrong?
Yeah...they want to show stuff so they get more people to buy the game. They would gain literally nothing from keeping things secret.

I mean as of now there's still enough time to reveal things, but the lack of news is a bit uncomfortable.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I mean I’m thinking not:
Sun and Moon had:
•Island Trials
•Z moves
•Alolan forms
•Battle Royal
•Pokeride
•UBs
If the original “leak” is true then Galar will have:
•Regional Evolutions
•Possibly more regional forms
•Dynamaxing
•Gigantamaxing
•Gyms returning
And I’m sure more. I think news has slowed down because they don’t want to reveal as much as they did for Sun and Moon. Besides, I thought SM news didn’t really kick up until August. Maybe I’m wrong tho.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I mean I’m thinking not:
Sun and Moon had:
•Island Trials
•Z moves
•Alolan forms
•Battle Royal
•Pokeride
•UBs
•Regional Evolutions
•Dynamaxing
•Gigantamaxing
•Gyms returning
And I’m sure more. I think news has slowed down because they don’t want to reveal as much as they did for Sun and Moon. Besides, I thought SM news didn’t really kick up until August. Maybe I’m wrong tho.
Well I hope you are right... I think some news will do us all good
I remember SM news just being dropped in the middle of the week without further notice

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I mean I’m thinking not:
Sun and Moon had:
•Island Trials
•Z moves
•Alolan forms
•Battle Royal
•Pokeride
•UBs
•Regional Evolutions
•Dynamaxing
•Gigantamaxing
•Gyms returning
Sun and Moon's marketing strategy was mainly aimed towards GO players, hence the multitude of features were introduced to bring old players who had just returned back to the franchise and feed them with fresh updates throughout that summer. We almost had bi-weekly trailers to the point nothing was left to discover in-game. Business-wise, SM sold 10M copies in its third day, but people were disappointed after the demo datamine.

In 2019, Pokémon doesn't need such an action to take advantage of returning players: Go is as popular as it is, Pokémon Masters makes its debut this summer and Switch's repertoire doesn't leave the franchise's fans locked into Pokémon only; there are numerous games you can enjoy while waiting for SWSH. They just have to follow XY's cycle of releasing Pokémon monthly and hold one more Direct, which seems to be pointing 8/31 for now.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Sun and Moon's marketing strategy was mainly aimed towards GO players, hence the multitude of features were introduced to bring old players who had just returned back to the franchise and feed them with fresh updates throughout that summer. We almost had bi-weekly trailers to the point nothing was left to discover in-game. Business-wise, SM sold 10M copies in its third day, but people were disappointed after the demo datamine.

In 2019, Pokémon doesn't need such an action to take advantage of returning players: Go is as popular as it is, Pokémon Masters makes its debut this summer and Switch's repertoire doesn't leave the franchise's fans locked into Pokémon only; there are numerous games you can enjoy while waiting for SWSH. They just have to follow XY's cycle of releasing Pokémon monthly and hold one more Direct, which seems to be pointing 8/31 for now.
831 was actually revealed to be a sort of Japanese number wordplay.

catzeye

Writer's Block
Lol I know. But the impatience. Swear it's getting worse each gen. Never been impatient myself about it though, since info does eventually come out.

I think part of the impatience is because younger generations are used to getting information quicker. The other part is with all of the controversy, people want to know what they would be getting in SwSh before making the final decision to buy/not buy.

Usually, I'm more patient than I am right now but I really want them to drop some more information to hopefully quell some of the backlash.

Yea it certainly seems to be that way lately.

Any rumors you're hoping are legit?

The rumor I'm hoping for to be legit is that we get more than one rival (Bede and Marnie were named in the original leak) and that we get a legendary that is actually evil (Eternatus from the original leak). I think a true twist for these games would be to not have the final antagonist be human but a Pokemon (really not on board with Leon or any of our other known characters being evil to be completely honest). At best I can maybe see someone trying to release Eternatus and attempt to control only for it horribly backfire with Eternatus starts controlling humans and Pokemon to do its bidding. Basically I want a truly evil Pokemon who has no remorse (until we can purify its heart or whatever).

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I think part of the impatience is because younger generations are used to getting information quicker. The other part is with all of the controversy, people want to know what they would be getting in SwSh before making the final decision to buy/not buy.

Usually, I'm more patient than I am right now but I really want them to drop some more information to hopefully quell some of the backlash.

The rumor I'm hoping for to be legit is that we get more than one rival (Bede and Marnie were named in the original leak) and that we get a legendary that is actually evil (Eternatus from the original leak). I think a true twist for these games would be to not have the final antagonist be human but a Pokemon (really not on board with Leon or any of our other known characters being evil to be completely honest). At best I can maybe see someone trying to release Eternatus and attempt to control only for it horribly backfire with Eternatus starts controlling humans and Pokemon to do its bidding. Basically I want a truly evil Pokemon who has no remorse (until we can purify its heart or whatever).
Wouldn't doubt it. That's always been me with Pokémon games in regards to knowing things, but I'm patient enough to know that the information sometimes doesn't always come out that fast.

That would be interesting. Similar to shadow Pokémon then?

catzeye

Writer's Block
That would be interesting. Similar to shadow Pokémon then?

Yup! Like we'd have to capture Eternatus prior to completing the main story but we don't get to use it until the post-game once Magnolia and Sonia (or even someone else, maybe a cameo from the XD games) figure out a way to purify it.

The leak with Eternatus and Gigantamaxing mentioned that Sonia is researching Dynamax at the behest of her grandmother (probably because wild Dynamax pokemon are dangerous and Magnolia is a little too old to be out there herself). My theory is that while researching Sonia accidentally releases Eternatus who likely has powers to force a Pokemon into Dynamax/Gigantamax forms regardless if they are in those Dens or the gyms. Maybe Sonia escapes barely and tries to get some help, but with Team Yell (again from the same leak) causing mayhem attentions are diverted between dealing with the crazy Marnie fans (who are to obsessed with their favorite trainer to realize they are indirectly causing a massive crisis to spiral out of control). If we really must go the antagonistic champion route, I'd rather Eternatus be like Mewtwo from the first movie and be able to control human minds and he take over Leon (and maybe even Sonia or one of our rivals) because one of his Pokemon can Gigantamax. That could be an insane boss battle with a lot of emotional stakes if done correctly.

This is what I'm starting to worry about as well. And before anybody pulls out "TheEy wAnT It tO Be An SuRpRiSeZ": No. No, the marketing for Pokemon has never worked that way. Remember when people kept insisting up until the very release of USUM that they'd "surprise" us with new Alola Forms? Remember how those people were 100% wrong?
Yeah...they want to show stuff so they get more people to buy the game. They would gain literally nothing from keeping things secret.

Actually, the marketing for Pokemon has ALWAYS worked that way. Remember how the only reason we knew the Goomy line, the Bergmite line, Dragalgae, Clawitzer, Phantump, the Pumpkaboo line, Mega Aerodactyl, and several other species introduced in gen 6 existed before the games' release was because a few stores sold copies early and the people who bought them posted them online despite C and D orders from Nintendo? Remember how the only reason we knew about the Dewpider line, Toxapex, Dhelmise, Golisopod, the Alolan Geodude line and a few other gen 7 species before the release of SM was because their data was in the files for the demos and some people datamined it?

They WANT us to discover some of the Pokemon ourselves after we buy the games. They never reveal everything in advance.

If you still don't believe me, here's the last updated version of Serebii's page on new species for gen 7 based on what was officially revealed as opposed to datamining: https://serebii.net/sunmoon/prepokemon.shtml

Orphalesion

Actually, the marketing for Pokemon has ALWAYS worked that way. Remember how the only reason we knew the Goomy line, the Bergmite line, Dragalgae, Clawitzer, Phantump, the Pumpkaboo line, Mega Aerodactyl, and several other species introduced in gen 6 existed before the games' release was because a few stores sold copies early and the people who bought them posted them online despite C and D orders from Nintendo? Remember how the only reason we knew about the Dewpider line, Toxapex, Dhelmise, Golisopod, the Alolan Geodude line and a few other gen 7 species before the release of SM was because their data was in the files for the demos and some people datamined it?

They WANT us to discover some of the Pokemon ourselves after we buy the games. They never reveal everything in advance.

If you still don't believe me, here's the last updated version of Serebii's page on new species for gen 7 based on what was officially revealed as opposed to datamining: https://serebii.net/sunmoon/prepokemon.shtml

That still a huge difference from keeping supposed "Gallarian Forms" a complete secret, isn't it?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
The numbers on the player's jerseys are the only ones that don't follow this number wordplay. They instead reference the release dates of the trailers.

831 was actually revealed to be a sort of Japanese number wordplay.

So, 227 and 56 are displayed in protagonist's jersey as a reference to both Direct's dates, but Milo's jersey having 831 in the same direct is just a probability of 1/1000? Where did you obtain that information, I'd like to hear a bit more behind that wordplay.

Ver-mont

So, 227 and 56 are displayed in protagonist's jersey as a reference to both Direct's dates, but Milo's jersey having 831 in the same direct is just a probability of 1/1000? Where did you obtain that information, I'd like to hear a bit more behind that wordplay.
The protagonist's jersey references the Direct's respective date.

The Leaders' jerseys, as discovered by someone on Bulbapedia, have Goroawase wordplay.
831 can be read as "yasai" (vegetables), 049 can be read as "oyogu" (to swim).

ShadowForce720

That still a huge difference from keeping supposed "Gallarian Forms" a complete secret, isn't it?

I think it's important to point out that Z-moves, Alolan Forms, and Mega Evolutions all weren't revealed until August. Look this is the start of a new generation so of course there going to have a lot to show us just because they aren't doing it at the speed you and some other people may like doesn't mean that that it has any less to show then Sun and Moon it just means that they are trying to pace out the information more. As despite what some people may like to believe the pacing of the Sun and Moon reveals weren't typical.

Also the games aren't coming out until November, were only just now getting into July. Also it isn't really accurate to compare Sword & Shield to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon considering the fact that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were 3rd versions so of course they wouldn't have as much to reveal as a new generation does, while Sword & Shield are the start of a new generation. What the current pacing of Sword & Shield reveals likely means is that instead of bombarding us with new information every other week like Sun and Moon did which people complained about they are choosing to have gaps between large information to give us time to take in the new information.

Also if there are "Gallarian" forms just because we haven't seen them yet doesn't mean that they aren't going to reveal them at some point, it just means that if they exist they are probably meant to be revealed at a later date.