• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Ultra Beast Lover

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
There is a new rumor that outright gives the names, story-plot and the types of GYMs and Elite Four. I'm leaving it here for further news. Some stuff makes sense and I'll visit here back to either debunk or quote information in case it comes true.

pdZRmd.png

Debunked: Bea has been revealed to be the Fighting GYM Leader instead of Penny. Allister is Shield's version-exclusive leader for Ghost, nullifying the chance of having Ghost E4.

OMGGGGG that cake fairy is so cute<3333333
I hope it evolves

If it does it would be interesting to see a battle between its evolved form and its Gigantamax form. Pokemon with Mega forms don't evolve, but if the rumor is true about Meowth and Pikachu having Gigantamax then that means it's possible for Pokemon that can evolve to get Gigantamax.

Also, I can't help but note that Drednaw has both a Dynamax and a Gigantamax, which really makes me wonder what the difference is in activating the two.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

So it seems this is our 'Chinese Leak' of Gen 8.

Everything in it has been legit so far. I'm looking forward to this seagull pokemon and the chipmunk line. I'm also curious to see the regional evolutions. It's about time Farfetch'd got something new.

Also, I can't help but note that Drednaw has both a Dynamax and a Gigantamax, which really makes me wonder what the difference is in activating the two.

All pokemon are able to Dynamax. Only certain pokemon can Gigantamax.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
So it seems this is our 'Chinese Leak' of Gen 8.

Everything in it has been legit so far. I'm looking forward to this seagull pokemon and the chipmunk line. I'm also curious to see the regional evolutions. It's about time Farfetch'd got something new.

All pokemon are able to Dynamax. Only certain pokemon can Gigantamax.
I'm wondering if the latter is limited to Galar region Pokémon, meaning like Drednaw and the like.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Since it is featured in leak, I'll drop it here instead of the characters discussion:

It seems like we're having unique rivals after a few repetition of stereotypical, friendly, ones. Bede gets his endorsement from Chairman Rose and Oleana, who endorsed Leon when he first started the Gym Challenge. Marnie supposedly have the entire Team Yell on her behind. And, you wouldn't have had the chance to participate if it wasn't for the Champion's younger brother, Hop.

Taking XY's squad, Lillie, Hau and Trace into account, it feels nice for once to not to be in the center of attention. Everyone will mind their own business.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Debunked: Bea has been revealed to be the Fighting GYM Leader instead of Penny. Allister is Shield's version-exclusive leader for Ghost, nullifying the chance of having Ghost E4.

This also puts a nail in the coffin of the Bede-stealing-your-partner leak, as that leak specifically mentioned that we wouldn't be getting any news until the 22nd.

Yep. Ah... we'll see on that one.

I mean, he's been right on nearly everything else so far. Take it with an entire salt mine if you wish but the fact of the matter is this leaker posted too much accurate information for it to just be coincidence. One or two things? Maybe it's a coincidence. A dozen or so different pieces of information, with reveals spread out between the first Direct, the E3 demo, and the most recent video? There's probably something there.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
This also puts a nail in the coffin of the Bede-stealing-your-partner leak, as that leak specifically mentioned that we wouldn't be getting any news until the 22nd.

I mean, he's been right on nearly everything else so far. Take it with an entire salt mine if you wish but the fact of the matter is this leaker posted too much accurate information for it to just be coincidence. One or two things? Maybe it's a coincidence. A dozen or so different pieces of information, with reveals spread out between the first Direct, the E3 demo, and the most recent video? There's probably something there.
Yea maybe. And there could be. But for now, still taking it with a bit of a grain of salt.

Orphalesion

The leaker, while credible seemed to have a few typos and ambiguities in his post like Scorbunny's evo "learning fighting attacks, but he's pure fighter" and Opal being the "first fairy gym leader"

So there could be a few errors in the leak, like in Gen 7 when a leak that turned out to be credible claimed Ninetales would get a special form that's Fire/Fairy, when Alolan Ninetales turned out to be Ice/Fairy.

Lucky3

Since it is featured in leak, I'll drop it here instead of the characters discussion:

It seems like we're having unique rivals after a few repetition of stereotypical, friendly, ones. Bede gets his endorsement from Chairman Rose and Oleana, who endorsed Leon when he first started the Gym Challenge. Marnie supposedly have the entire Team Yell on her behind. And, you wouldn't have had the chance to participate if it wasn't for the Champion's younger brother, Hop.

Taking XY's squad, Lillie, Hau and Trace into account, it feels nice for once to not to be in the center of attention. Everyone will mind their own business.
This all feels like the set-up of a sports anime, with the player being the underdog protagonist. That's actually pretty good. We should feel like that, and not like we're already better than everyone else like in XY.

shadowF

Yeah I am now believing everything in that leak is 100% true with some minor differences. Anyone think Bede might be the "chosen one" and the one that Rose chose as the designated winner of the champions cup? That could be why Marnie is the bad guy because she feels she never got a fair shot at the Pokemon league and may want to change the system. Bede could also secretly be a weak Pokemon trainer but always miraculously wins all his matches.

Ultra Beast Lover

Yeah I am now believing everything in that leak is 100% true with some minor differences. Anyone think Bede might be the "chosen one" and the one that Rose chose as the designated winner of the champions cup? That could be why Marnie is the bad guy because she feels she never got a fair shot at the Pokemon league and may want to change the system. Bede could also secretly be a weak Pokemon trainer but always miraculously wins all his matches.
That'd be interesting

catzeye

Writer's Block
This all feels like the set-up of a sports anime, with the player being the underdog protagonist. That's actually pretty good. We should feel like that, and not like we're already better than everyone else like in XY.
I really hope they are going for this for the story. It will make the progression through the game a lot more interesting.

Saddlers_End

What if Eternatus is a virus Pokemon? Like the Black Death kind of vibe? I don't remember if any leak talked about its typing or anything. Just said it was evil. I don't think anyone has brought this up yet either. Just talked about how it could be like a shadow Pokemon, etc.

Would be neat.

Also, looking at the Japanese trailer, they definitely had more packed in it than the English trailer.