• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
Jello. I’ve seen a lot of people say it’s a mineral of some sort, but if you zoom in it’s clearly jello. So Alcreamie evolution? Maybe its Gigantamax form looks like one of those giant jello molds with stuff in it from the ‘50’s. Ha ha
Alcremie has a confirmed Gigantamaxed form though?

ShadowForce720

Alcremie has a confirmed Gigantamaxed form though?

To be fair we don't know if Pokemon that have Gigantamaxed form can still have evolutions or not, however that being said the "Ben Afflek" leak does mention a Gigantamax form of Pikachu and Meowth, so if that's true and Pikachu and Meowth can Gigantamax despite being able to evolve into Raichu and Persian respectively then it would still be possible that Alcremie could evolve even though it has a Gigantamax form.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
What really irks me is that it seems like we're only getting official info once a month. There are only two more months until November, so how much are they planning to show us before the game is released?

These leaks need to come on for real. lol

I think (and hope) starting this month we’re gonna start getting two info drops a month, as we’re getting another trailer during Worlds (and maybe Gamescom?) and in September we’ll probably get a reveal during the Obligatory Fall Nintendo Direct and then a stand-alone trailer later.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
To be fair we don't know if Pokemon that have Gigantamaxed form can still have evolutions or not, however that being said the "Ben Afflek" leak does mention a Gigantamax form of Pikachu and Meowth, so if that's true and Pikachu and Meowth can Gigantamax despite being able to evolve into Raichu and Persian respectively then it would still be possible that Alcremie could evolve even though it has a Gigantamax form.
Yeah, I suspect Alcremie does have at least one evolution, I was just confused 'cause we already know it's Gigantamaxed form. I kinda doubt it's evolution would look like finger jello though, however that doesn't mean the picture isn't referring to Alcremie's evolution altogether (if it's legit). It could be that since Alcremie is based on an eton mess, it's evolution would be in a cup, or have the appearance of being in a cup, hence the picture.

That said, I also had a thought: what if Pokémon that can Gigantamax can't evolve? Like, their species normally can, but similar to your partner Pokémon in LGPE, they specifically aren't able to? Gigantamax Pokémon are very rare, making them very unique "specimens" already, so being unable to evolve because they can instead Gigantamax doesn't seem that surprising to me. So a regular Alcremie could, but not a G-Alcremie.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Yeah, I suspect Alcremie does have at least one evolution, I was just confused 'cause we already know it's Gigantamaxed form. I kinda doubt it's evolution would look like finger jello though, however that doesn't mean the picture isn't referring to Alcremie's evolution altogether (if it's legit). It could be that since Alcremie is based on an eton mess, it's evolution would be in a cup, or have the appearance of being in a cup, hence the picture.

That said, I also had a thought: what if Pokémon that can Gigantamax can't evolve? Like, their species normally can, but similar to your partner Pokémon in LGPE, they specifically aren't able to? Gigantamax Pokémon are very rare, making them very unique "specimens" already, so being unable to evolve because they can instead Gigantamax doesn't seem that surprising to me. So a regular Alcremie could, but not a G-Alcremie.

That actually makes a lot of sense.

What would be neat is if the game had a certain identifier for Gigantamax-eligible pokemon. For example, the only way to get a Gigantamax Meowth is through the Dynamax zones. That way, there is a separation between those that can Gigantamax and those that can't.

Missingno.Fan

What really irks me is that it seems like we're only getting official info once a month. There are only two more months until November, so how much are they planning to show us before the game is released?

These leaks need to come on for real. lol
I agree. A part of me is scared that the reason why we got so little is because there is not much to show off.

Kingudora

My favourite
I agree. A part of me is scared that the reason why we got so little is because there is not much to show off.
On the other hand, they might have backpedaled a bit on showing off to much before release. During the last two gens, Game Freak has gotten some criticism for showing too much content before a game's release, so maybe they are saving some more surprises for Gen VIII.

Also, official reveals tend to increase during the last months before a game's release, so I suspect we will see news more often from now on.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I think we will see a trailer on the Worlds opening. I also think we'll get a trailer after it in late August early September and about 5 to 7 more after that.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
That actually makes a lot of sense.

What would be neat is if the game had a certain identifier for Gigantamax-eligible pokemon. For example, the only way to get a Gigantamax Meowth is through the Dynamax zones. That way, there is a separation between those that can Gigantamax and those that can't.
The Max Raid Dens? That is the only place to get a Gigantamaxed Pokémon though. It's still really rare apparently, so even catching a Meowth like that, it might not be a Gi-Meowth.

Edit: Petition to refer to Gigantamax Pokémon as Gi- so we can keep Galarian forms as G-, lol.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

The Max Raid Dens? That is the only place to get a Gigantamaxed Pokémon though. It's still really rare apparently, so even catching a Meowth like that, it might not be a G-Meowth Gi-Moewth? GM-Moewth? asdfghjkl

I'm pretty sure that it's a case of when you go to fight a pokemon in a Max Raid battle once you actually see the pokemon they will already be in their Dynamax or Gigantamaxed form. Basically once the raid battle starts you will know right away if the Meowth your encountering is Gigantamaxed or not because if it is a Gigantamaxed Meowth it will be in it's Gigantamaxed form already and if it's not then obviously it's not a Meowth that can Gigantamaxed. So your really not going to have cases where you think that the pokemon that you caught in the Max Raid battle is the one that can Gigantamaxed only to find out it isn't, as you would have found out if it was one that can Gigantamaxed at the start of the battle.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
I'm pretty sure that it's a case of when you go to fight a pokemon in a Max Raid battle once you actually see the pokemon they will already be in their Dynamax or Gigantamaxed form. Basically once the raid battle starts you will know right away if the Meowth your encountering is Gigantamaxed or not because if it is a Gigantamaxed Meowth it will be in it's Gigantamaxed form already and if it's not then obviously it's not a Meowth that can Gigantamaxed. So your really not going to have cases where you think that the pokemon that you caught in the Max Raid battle is the one that can Gigantamaxed only to find out it isn't, as you would have found out if it was one that can Gigantamaxed at the start of the battle.
Oh, you're totally right XD

I didn't even think of it in those terms. I just knew the website says finding one is rare and that you can only find them in the Dens. Thanks for pointing that out! It went right past me lol.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Have a way to save and post the images? They aren't loading on my end.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
Have a way to save and post the images? They aren't loading on my end.
I don't know how to add my own images on here so here's a video

image is just after the intro (0:07)

Edit: oh also this video has other, not yet mentioned here (afaik) rumors.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Thanks. Really not digging that Arbok. It's ugly. Not sure of what to think of the ferris wheel one either.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I think it's worth pointing out that the white segments on the Arbok are clearly supposed to resemble a spinal column, which might not seem significant, but Houndour's design was actually changed slightly because the original design looked like it was wearing a ribcage, which was apparently deemed too grim or inappropriate (apparently ignoring the fact that we have a Pokemon that wears the skull of its dead mother) and changed to a more generic white band design that we have today.

Not saying that would necessarily be an issue now, but it's one thing that makes me a little skeptical of the leak right off the bat. The "ferris wheel" thing is also an extremely strange design as well, and the fact that the face resembles Masquerain so heavily is also a red flag for me. Not a fan of either of the designs, honestly.