• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I’m still holding out hope for another trailer (that hopefully focuses on version exclusives because I’m still not sure which one to pre-order).

But if we don’t get one this week, then that’s probably it for the month.
I have to say I had more fun during the XY and SM pre release period hehe

SurrealistSmeargle

A reminder that Black and White only had 14 pokemon officially revealed by this point (19 if you generously include the CoroCoro reveals that we're not exactly at an equivalent time for yet). X&Y and S/M did up the reveal numbers by this point significantly (28 and a mind-boggling 39 respectively), but as has been addressed before, there was significant sentiment that both of those games revealed too many new pokemon prior to the game's release, so it's not too surprising we're skewing closer to a B/W-style schedule.

janejane6178

A reminder that Black and White only had 14 pokemon officially revealed by this point (19 if you generously include the CoroCoro reveals that we're not exactly at an equivalent time for yet). X&Y and S/M did up the reveal numbers by this point significantly (28 and a mind-boggling 39 respectively), but as has been addressed before, there was significant sentiment that both of those games revealed too many new pokemon prior to the game's release, so it's not too surprising we're skewing closer to a B/W-style schedule.
But as ppl once said here, BW revealed about 50 new Pokemon before the game's release. That means it revealed 31 Pokemon 2 months before the game's release?

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness

Mewizard

I really hope the next few weeks before release are packed with trailers, We've got about 9 Weeks left. The games dex could also leak a week or so early, so even if we don't get official reveals it wont be long until we know the whole dex anyway.
What excites me most for a generation is the Pokemon designs and choosing which I like best for my Team, So far this generation I haven't really got much of a team at all yet.

janejane6178

I really hope the next few weeks before release are packed with trailers, We've got about 9 Weeks left. The games dex could also leak a week or so early, so even if we don't get official reveals it wont be long until we know the whole dex anyway.
What excites me most for a generation is the Pokemon designs and choosing which I like best for my Team, So far this generation I haven't really got much of a team at all yet.
But we dont have the same demo situation like with SM, so how will we get the dex beforehand? o.o

SurrealistSmeargle

But as ppl once said here, BW revealed about 50 new Pokemon before the game's release. That means it revealed 31 Pokemon 2 months before the game's release?
No, it didn't. Prior to July's CoroCoro (2 CoroCoros before B/W's release in September), it had revealed 15 pokemon officially (apologies, I miscounted before). Zorua, Zoroark, the starters, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kling, Munno, Pidove, Cincinno, Darmanitan, Blitzle, Sandile and Woobat. That months CoroCoro revealed a further 5 pokemon (Gothitell, Reuniclus, Axew, Patrat and Braviary). Looking at the final total warps Black and White's reveal cycle, because 19 pokemon were revealed in September's CoroCoro, which was released a matter of days before the games were.

EDIT: Oh, wait, sorry, I misunderstood what you said. Yes, 31 pokemon were revealed between the current time and the game's release for B/W.

Mewizard

But we dont have the same demo situation like with SM, so how will we get the dex beforehand? o.o
I believe stores get copies of the game 2 weeks before release date so there's a chance, a small one, That someone could either get sent an early copy or leak from the store. I think i remember some people got Sun and Moon over a week before release back in 2016.

SurrealistSmeargle

I believe stores get copies of the game 2 weeks before release date so there's a chance, a small one, That someone could either get sent an early copy or leak from the store. I think i remember some people got Sun and Moon over a week before release back in 2016.
I don't think stores get them quite as early as 2 weeks, but I do believe that's probably around the time that review copies will be sent out to games journalists and influencers (i.e. PokeTubers, etc). I believe that can be how some last-minute leaks and reveals occur, though of course, they're trickier, as the recipients aren't likely to want to jeopardise their relationship with Nintendo, and I imagine the stores are a lot more strict with things after the X&Y early-release debacle.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness

Does anyone remember when the Kalos starters got leaked? Was it like 2 weeks prior to the game release?

SurrealistSmeargle

Serebii first mentions leaks exisiting but being unable to post them on October 1st, so I imagine it was around then.

Also, I just realised I miscounted on the number of X&Y Pokemon revealed. I forgot X&Y came out in October, not November, so, in fact, there were only 20 Kalos pokemon revealed by an equivalent point in X&Y's release schedule to where we currently are, so Sw/Sh are really keeping pace with X&Y.

Yeah, and Nintendo sued the pants off them. The stores that sold the games early were forced to pay $200 (or it might have been $2000) for each copy sold; they went completely bankrupt. I doubt any stores would be stupid enough to do that again now that they've seen how Nintendo reacts to such things.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Just a few possible methods:
*If someone leaks a review copy anonymously that will be the end of it.
*If someone gets the demo from an event, we will crack it open.
*Standard merchandise leaks, particularly TCG, can give us the full dex.

Since there is no Global Link, that venue is closed as well, but we will still be obtain online data from Nintendo's servers through server spoofing and other methods. Regardless, we will have almost all of the data at the day of release thanks to online downloads.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
The game copies will eventually be sold by a few, unknown to many, shops. Eventually, one of the customers will send the copy to ScriesM/Kaphotics and all information will be datamined. I assume it'll happen in early days of second week of November.

TRNRLogan

In any case i ain't getting these games until Christmas so...

Although I do think it's highly likely starter evos will get leaked pre release.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Does anyone remember when the Kalos starters got leaked? Was it like 2 weeks prior to the game release?
Greninja was leaked like... a week or two before release I believe? Chesnaught was a bit after that and then Delphox was after that. Been a while since the XY pre-release though, so I could be wrong.

As for the Alola starters... those evolutions were leaked MONTHS before release, and long before even Torracat, Brionne, and Dartrix were revealed. We didn't get their names, just the confidential artwork of them, however.

It is possible they've already been leaked, but with how few things have actually been accurate with this speculation cycle, definitely unlikely as well. The only accurate things so far has been that little Neutralizing Gas leak(where everything else was just incorrect it seems) and the Affleck leak which has been spot on since the first actual trailer of the games post-reveal.

Kingudora

My favourite
Something I haven't seen discussed much about Cramorant so far is how the Affleck leak implies it can spit up other pokémon as well, such as Pikachu. While the leaker only mentioned the fish and Pikachu, I wonder if there other pokémon as well?

Also, maybe those other pokémon makes Gulp Missile have different effects? Such as a chance to paralyze with Pikachu, another pokémon for burn etc.

Kangaflora

^True, but saying that, we don't even know how to evolve Galarian Linoone into Obstagoon, nor doe we know about whether or not Sirfetch'd is real, and if he is real, then Sirfetch'd is either a galarian Farfetch'd or, as Affleck has hinted in his leak, the evolved form of Farfetch'd, and if Sirfetch'd is the evolved form of Farfetch'd as hinted, we don't even know how to evolve a Farfetch'd if possible.