• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

DSDark

Breeder
The only scenes ive seen where Hop has wooloo (where he battles the PC who uses the Lotad) he has 3 pokemon, not 2. Were there any that showed him with only 2, while having wooloo?

No I don't think so. It would appear that when you have this battle with hop he has 3 pokemon. Wooloo, The starter weak to yours and a yet to be announced pokemon. I would assume based on past game that it's Corivknight's first form.

ScratchnSn1ff

The only scenes ive seen where Hop has wooloo (where he battles the PC who uses the Lotad) he has 3 pokemon, not 2. Were there any that showed him with only 2, while having wooloo?
there wasn't other footage of him battling with a Wooloo but in some footage of him picking Scorbunny he had Wooloo by his side that seems to follow him as he walks up to pick scorbunny so i think it's his family's Wooloo, which might mean it's his first/second mon

DSDark

Breeder
When you battle Hop when he has 3 pokemon, he mention that I hope you got stronger. So I think that you battle him twice in short order at the beginning. Once when you first pick your pokemon. This would be the mentioned 2 pokemon battle and then second is when he has three pokemon.

When watching videos the first time you battle hop they mention that when you beat Wooloo your starter levels up to level 6 and learns an elemental move. Then you can easily destroy Hop's starter weak to yours.

The battle that the preview show appears to the be second time you battle Hop, this can be seen by the player having their starter at level 10.

TrainerFuurin

With some people actually already seeing stuffs not officially revealed yet during the preview gameplay, I'm amazed we haven't heard any "leak" from people pretending to be one of them until now. What do you guys think GF/TPC did to make sure these preview people don't actually leak stuffs in the first place?

ShadowForce720

With some people actually already seeing stuffs not officially revealed yet during the preview gameplay, I'm amazed we haven't heard any "leak" from people pretending to be one of them until now. What do you guys think GF/TPC did to make sure these preview people don't actually leak stuffs in the first place?

The people from these different new organizations or companies are likely under strict NDA's. If they were to break these NDA's then not only could they get in a lot of legal trouble like Gamefreak and Nintendo suing the new organization or companies and the person but the respective news organizations or companies and the person who leaked it would likely be put on black list and would lose all rights to having early access and will never get invited to play any new Nintendo and/or Gamefreak games ever again. Not only that the news organizations or company would likely fire the person involved in the leak.

Now maybe the company or organization could get lucky and convince Nintendo and Gamefreak not to blacklist them along with the person, but then again I'm not sure how successful they could be in doing that.

DSDark

Breeder
The people from these different new organizations or companies are likely under strict NDA's. If they were to break these NDA's then not only could they get in a lot of legal trouble like Gamefreak and Nintendo suing the new organization or companies and the person but the respective news organizations or companies and the person who leaked it would likely be put on black list and would lose all rights to having early access and will never get invited to play any new Nintendo and/or Gamefreak games ever again. Not only that the news organizations or company would likely fire the person involved in the leak.

Now maybe the company or organization could get lucky and convince Nintendo and Gamefreak not to blacklist them along with the person, but then again I'm not sure how successful they could be in doing that.

This

Basically it's in a news sites or newstube channel best interest to not leak information. The company will get a lot of views from these previews. Every time they get invited to a preview this will keep happening, those helping to bring in views and revenue for the company. Ultimately it's in the companies best interest to stick to the NDA.

Also if they were to say go on 4chan and post about the new pokemon they show the ip address can be easily tracked. Or if they used a vpn then nintendo could just not do previews, which hurts the news companies more then nintendo.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Plus the pool of people to leak information from that specific hour-and-a-half try out is much smaller than say someone leaking something somewhere within Nintendo's international ranks. I think it'd be way too risky to attempt something like this.

I honestly don't think the Parasect leaker was too far off with his 'Gigantamax Charizard looks like a fusion of both Megas' claim. This to me isn't the issue with the leak. Like some have stated, there's too much discrepancy between the leaker getting Hop's second Pokémon wrong but remembering that Sobble can't learn Facade (of all moves). The only reason why I would want this leak to be fake is that I read some story spoilers (went too deep into the leaker's claims!). Besides that, I think they have good, cohesive ideas for the games.

On another note, following up on the reviews that happened this week, it appears that 'there are at least 7 different unrevealed Pokémon north of Wedgehurst'. Does anyone feel like this is a lot of new Pokémon for the routes just north of the starting town? Thinking back to games like XY or SM where the amount of new Pokémon introduced (discounting forms) hovered around 70, it took up to Route 5 in XY (Route 2, Route 3, Route 32, Route 4 and Route 5) and up to visiting the whole island of Melemele in SM (Route 1 including outskirts, Route 2, Route 3, Ten Carat Hill and Melemele Meadow) to even encounter as many as 7 new Pokémon. I'm just wondering if we're not underestimating the amount of new additions to the Pokédex this time around. People generally seem to think we'll get about as many as in XY and SM, but for the first ever main line Pokémon game on home console, I've always speculated we'd hit 100. What do you guys think?

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Couldn't that "7 unrevealed Pokemon" just refer to older Pokemon that haven't been confirmed for the Galar dex yet?

That's what I took it to mean anyway.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Couldn't that "7 unrevealed Pokemon" just refer to older Pokemon that haven't been confirmed for the Galar dex yet?

That or it's 7 Galar ones with some that they weren't allowed to say. If it's something we've seen before I feel like it'd be safe to say its name or show it (We've seen Rolycoly in the demo screenshots for ex be low level so that's not a secret it's there, since we already knew what it was). But the reviews we've seen so far have this "I'm not allowed to tell of what I saw" thing as if it's a secret too.

Wooloo is probably an obvious member in the route too since Hop has one at the start, but the others idk. But just a guess.

Everlasting

Everything stays.

Oooh, I didn't think of it this way! Could be. I just never thought that a Pokémon from a previous generation appearing in a route was deemed much of a spoiler.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

I don't really think so, because there would be real reason to force the reporters to hide the "7 unrevealed Pokemon" they saw. I mean it would be one thing if there new Galarian forms, but it would extremely weird for them to be just ordinary old pokemon that we've already seen before that aren't Galarian forms. For instance say one of the pokemon is just the ordinary Ledyba what is the whole point in hiding that.

So I think it's safe to say that the "7 unrevealed Pokemon" are new pokemon whether there Galarian forms or not remains to be seen, although some of the language they use seems to imply that there is "7 unrevealed Pokemon" along with some Galarian forms that we haven't seen yet. Now it is possible that some of the unrevealed pokemon could be related to the pokemon that we already know, like for instance the basic stage of Corviknight.

sketchersmeargle

Well, with the information that we do know, the 7 unrevealed Pokemon could be Skwovet, Corviknight's 1st stage and even possibly Drednaw's since we do know there must be a water area cause you can catch Lotad early game.

That's possibly 3 out of the seven being new Pokemon.

Then we add a regional bug.

it could be that 3-4 are new Pokemon and the rest are unrevealed past gen Pokemon.

I would love it though if its 7 new Pokemon, that would be amazing, however it could just mean we would see those 7 for the brunt of the game's beginning.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I don't really think so, because there would be real reason to force the reporters to hide the "7 unrevealed Pokemon" they saw. I mean it would be one thing if there new Galarian forms, but it would extremely weird for them to be just ordinary old pokemon that we've already seen before that aren't Galarian forms. For instance say one of the pokemon is just the ordinary Ledyba what is the whole point in hiding that.

So I think it's safe to say that the "7 unrevealed Pokemon" are new pokemon whether there Galarian forms or not remains to be seen, although some of the language they use seems to imply that there is "7 unrevealed Pokemon" along with some Galarian forms that we haven't seen yet. Now it is possible that some of the unrevealed pokemon could be related to the pokemon that we already know, like for instance the basic stage of Corviknight.

I agree. I don't think the reporters would feel compelled to report behind closed doors that they saw a Caterpie amongst 6 other Pokémon from previous generations. If that were the case, they would just have said nothing about it, maybe besides commenting on the route's diversity in species.

Let's just imagine for a quick minute that we're talking about 7 unrevealed new Pokémon for the first few routes north of the starting town. I think that would be amazing! And it might hint to a bigger pool of new Pokémon unlike what we expect from the games. I would just be content with the fact that they seem to have balanced out the ratio of old vs. new Pokémon in routes. The new faces were quite overwhelmed in XY and SM.

ShadowForce720

Well, with the information that we do know, the 7 unrevealed Pokemon could be Skwovet, Corviknight's 1st stage and even possibly Drednaw's since we do know there must be a water area cause you can catch Lotad early game.

That's possibly 3 out of the seven being new Pokemon.

Then we add a regional bug.

it could be that 3-4 are new Pokemon and the rest are unrevealed past gen Pokemon.

I would love it though if its 7 new Pokemon, that would be amazing, however it could just mean we would see those 7 for the brunt of the game's beginning.

Another thing to consider is that the people that are reporting on it pretty much only had like what 90 minutes to play the game, meaning they didn't have time to really explore as there were likely trying to hurry and get as far as they could in the game within the time limit. So it's quite possible that there were some brand new pokemon that they missed just because they were either extremely rare or they are in optional areas that they might not think to look in as their rushing through the game.

For instance when you look at the locations for Rockruff, Turtonator, Sandygast, and Mimikyu in Pokemon Sun and Moon they are in completely optional areas or parts that you might not to visit while Dhelmise is only in one exact fishing spot in Seafolk Village and in that spot you normally have only a 1% chance of encountering it and that goes up to 10% if you get it while it's bubbling.

Also then you have Mareanie, Passimian, and Oranguru which can only be caught by SOS chaining and with Mareanie you have to specifically SOS chain a Corsola which itself only has 1-5% chance of showing up unless the spot is bubbling then the chance goes up to 20% chance. Also the fishing spots that Corsola can be found in are only in specific areas in Melemele Island and one area in Akala Island

So looking at all this they could have easily missed a pokemon or more while they were rushing through the game.

Zaide

The Wild Area being the size of two areas of BOTW seems about right and just perfect. Not too small (the individual regions are huge for those who never played it) but also not too large that it feels like a huge void like BOTW sometimes feels like.

Last edited:

KKS-Lapras

Nearly 48 hours of the riveting coverage of how many Pokemon Hop will have during the first battle against you. Woo hoo Game Freak..., slow clap...

TrainerFuurin

Let's just imagine for a quick minute that we're talking about 7 unrevealed new Pokémon for the first few routes north of the starting town. I think that would be amazing! And it might hint to a bigger pool of new Pokémon unlike what we expect from the games. I would just be content with the fact that they seem to have balanced out the ratio of old vs. new Pokémon in routes. The new faces were quite overwhelmed in XY and SM.

Yeees, that's why I'd like to think that we finally get a nice amount of new mons this time, hopefully around 100 ish. I think based on what we see and hear, the normal routes will have more new mons than the older ones, while in the Wild Area otherwise.

If we assume that those 7 are indeed unrevealed new mons, then I'd say they are :
- Skwovet and/or Greedunt
- Corviknight pre-evo (regional bird)
- Drednaw pre-evo
- Regional Bug
- Regional bug second form
- 1/2 completely new Pokemon... or just unrevealed mon from older gen

If the first 2-3 routes of the game are this exciting, I can't wait to see the middle-end routes looks like. The previewers also said that we somehow can see a list of Pokemon inhabiting one area, so I think it's be fun to try to figure out how to find them.

Last edited:

landipan

I wonder how they'll handle gen 9's marketing, as it definitely seems that most of the fans aren't happy with the amount of news drops this time around either. Maybe they'll go back and forth every other gen from one extreme to the other. Tho, just to clarify, I was not one of the ones displeased with SM's marketing hype .

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Let's keep the sarcasm out of the thread and get back to discussion. This is a general warning. Thanks.