• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

DSDark

Breeder
What are the odds one of the early reviews leaks the new pokemon they saw?

absolutely zero percent chance of that happening. The people that did the previews signed very strict NDA's. If the information did leak out Nintendo could just not do previews in the future, or limit the previews further. It's in the previews best interest to not spoil the information

DannyDark

"Galarian Pachirisu. Electric/Fire type. Long considered to be extinct in the wild this variant of Pachirisu started to dwindle in number when competion for food was at an all time high thanks to a certain Pokémon."

Ah, so they're saying that Galarian Pachirisu is the Red Squirrel of the UK whose numbers massively declined due to the introduction of Grey Squirrels? I suppose they could loosely link it to Skwovet/Greedunt being too greedy and taking all the food?

It'd be a neat concept to be honest!

Bus

I would like it to be true. We haven't had Bug/Dark yet and anything named 'Beehemoth' has to be awesome.

axelme

i'd rather just have a new squirrel pokemon rather than a pachirisu variation. i admit it's partly because i just do not like pachirisu at all but mostly because i would rather just have something brand new

ObakeMouse

worlds cutest mouse 2k19
It's posted by an Anon. If the user doesn't have a (reputable) trip on, then it's almost certainly fake. I also have my doubts about Crash as the final fighter in the Smash fighter pass, putting the entire rest of the post in the same level of doubt.

Now, if a Direct IS announced for the 13th... I'll keep this in mind, but it seems overwhelmingly fake. Remember, anyone can make a 'leak', and 'leaks' posted by Anons are almost always fake!

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I can’t see Nintendo doing another Direct before January, and I’d hope GF has enough common sense to not reveal two more version exclusives just two days before release, so I’m calling fake for this one.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
https://mobile.twitter.com/LeaksPokemon/status/1186010243425275909

Another leak from the usual source, take with a grain of salt as always. Seems fake to me, personally.

It's definitely fake, for the simple fact that it states the final Smash character will be released in December.

It has long been confirmed that the Fighter Pass campaign will run through February 2020, meaning the final character will be released that month.

As for Pokémon, how could this guy get the name of the final Smash character, but not the names of all the pokemon that appear in that very same Direct? Makes zero sense.

Bus

Isn't Beeheemoth the name of a monster in World of Warcraft?
Don't know, but I do know that a 'Behemoth' is a pretty normal monster name for most Fantasy RPGs. The name Behemoth itself comes from the Hebrew bible I believe...along with leviathans and Golems. Somebody feel free to correct me; I feel pretty positive those three in particular are from Jewish religion, but I'm not 100%.

In any case, I don't know about 'Beehemoth' specifically, but like I said, 'Behemoth' is pretty common. Usually a large quadrupedal beast in Final Fantasy games. Usually cast Meteor when they die; huge jerks than can wipe the party if one is not prepared for it.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Don't know, but I do know that a 'Behemoth' is a pretty normal monster name for most Fantasy RPGs. The name Behemoth itself comes from the Hebrew bible I believe...along with leviathans and Golems. Somebody feel free to correct me; I feel pretty positive those three in particular are from Jewish religion, but I'm not 100%.

In any case, I don't know about 'Beehemoth' specifically, but like I said, 'Behemoth' is pretty common. Usually a large quadrupedal beast in Final Fantasy games. Usually cast Meteor when they die; huge jerks than can wipe the party if one is not prepared for it.

Oh, I was referring to the precise spelling.

I remember seeing posts online about a WoW monster named Beeheemoth. I find it odd that pokemon would have that exact same name.

Saddlers_End

Oh, I was referring to the precise spelling.

I remember seeing posts online about a WoW monster named Beeheemoth. I find it odd that pokemon would have that exact same name.

As someone who just started playing WoW, I looked it up lol.

According to wowhead, it is Beehemoth, a giant and also mean wasp. I learn something new everyday!

Marzbar

Well the leak is probably fake, but a legendary space dolphin does sound pretty cool :p

Not sure how I feel about a Ghost Ship pokemon or a Fire/Grass goat with a pan flute?? I’ve always thought our first grass/fire type should be a spicy pepper Pokémon.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
It's posted by an Anon. If the user doesn't have a (reputable) trip on, then it's almost certainly fake. I also have my doubts about Crash as the final fighter in the Smash fighter pass, putting the entire rest of the post in the same level of doubt.

Now, if a Direct IS announced for the 13th... I'll keep this in mind, but it seems overwhelmingly fake. Remember, anyone can make a 'leak', and 'leaks' posted by Anons are almost always fake!
The only truly credible SwSh leak we've had so far was posted by an anon. I have no idea what you mean by a reputable "trip", but saying we should only trust leaks that come from reputable sources is missing the fact that there are no reputable sources. All leaks should be assumed to be false until officially revealed information confirms them (and even then should be taken with a grain of salt. There was a SM leak that was 95% accurate but mentioned a Water-type Alolan Arcanine we never got).

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I think the name is way too close to sounding like Beheeyem. There’s no way GF would create a namethat sounds so similar to an already existing Pokémon if they aren’t connected by Evolution.

Though they don't sound that similar, there are already Pokémon names that can be easily confused by people not familiar with them: Buneary and Bunnelby, Butterfree and Beautifly, Krabby and Crabrawler, Electrike and Eelektrik, Hoothoot and Ho-oh, Jolteon and Joltik, Larvitar and Larvesta, Lillipup and Lilligant, Lunatone and Lunala, all those Pokémon that begin with "Mag," Meowth and Meowstic, Pidgey and Pidove, Rowlet and Rufflet, Salamence and Salazzle, Seel and Sealeo, Seviper and Servine, Shelder and Shelmet, Solrock and Solgaleo, Staryu/Starmie and Starly, Togepi and Togedemaru, Tyranitar and Tyrantrum, Volcarona and Volcanion, and Whismur and Whiscash.

That being said, I don't think "Beehemoth" or "Beeheemoth" would be used. It doesn't feel creative enough. (Just you watch though. I'll probably have to eat my words.)

Very, very small. Previewers had to sign an NDA and they say GF was very careful about what can and cannot be made public. Breaking the NDA would have severe consequences for the previewer and potentially the company they work for.

Leaks will most likely happen roughly two to three weeks from now, whenever stores receive their physical copies.

A major factor is that preview copies are given only to people with a history of respecting NDAs and not letting information get leaked out. If someone has leaked information in the past, or is a total unknown, they're not going to get preview copies. This sort of screening can be done with preview copies because there are high-profile but trustworthy people.

It's a lot harder to do with game testing because, as a job with pretty little pay, they'd mainly hire newcomers. Good game testing also involves people unfamiliar with the subject matter, because they're the ones most likely to find flaws in your design, your in-game instructions, and so forth. It comes with the territory that some will leak information because they're totally fine with destroying their reputation in the industry to gain points with the fans.

Specifically, the Behemoth is a large monster that roams around on land that is said in Jewish folklore to be unstoppable. It's commonly believed among anthropologists that it's really an exaggerated depiction of an elephant, hippopotamus, or rhinoceros, animals that would've been quite fearsome to someone who had never seen them before. Leviathan is its rival, a monster its equal in power that lives in the ocean. In Modern Hebrew, the word "leviathan" refers to a whale. It's said, in that folklore, that the end times will be marked when Behemoth and Leviathan meet and fight. Ziz is their mediator, a monster in the sky who mediates between Behemoth and Leviathan and whose wings protect against severe weather.

For anyone who wasn't familiar with this before, does it sound like a certain trio of Box Legendaries, as well as the dealings of two certain rival villainous teams?

(Speaking of which, while there are several Pokémon based on Jewish folklore, there don't seem to be any based on Islamic folklore. I've long suspected Original Exeggutor has some insiration from the zaqqum, however, a tree that grows in the Islamic Hell with devil heads for fruit.)

Well the leak is probably fake, but a legendary space dolphin does sound pretty cool :p

Not sure how I feel about a Ghost Ship pokemon or a Fire/Grass goat with a pan flute?? I’ve always thought our first grass/fire type should be a spicy pepper Pokémon.

Technically, we have Dhelmise representing ghost ships and the Skiddo line representing goats. But I guess we can have more of those.

Initially, I thought we'd have a jack-o-lantern as our first Grass/Fire Pokémon, but the Pumpkaboo line wound up being Grass/Ghost, which makes sense too, albeit I was a bit disappointed by that.

Last edited:

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I think a trailer each week until release is possible. Especially considering how little some of these trailers have revealed. There are four weeks left so it could be as simple as:
•Week of October 21: Legendary typings, Abilities, signature moves
•Week of October 28: Regional variant line with a regional evolution
•Week of November 4: Two or three new Pokémon
•Week of November 11 (Game Release Week): Starter evolutions (maybe just midstage), Eternatus, Gigantamax Lapras and Machamp

At this point I'm almost ready to just stop listening to new leaks and wait for the actual games to come out. I knew all along that trying to dodge spoilers for half a year would be agonizing, but just one month isn't too bad.

On to actual discussion, I really like the things mentioned in those recent leaks. It could be nice seeing a Fire Pachirisu and a Bug/Dark-type.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
At this point I'm almost ready to just stop listening to new leaks and wait for the actual games to come out. I knew all along that trying to dodge spoilers for half a year would be agonizing, but just one month isn't too bad.

On to actual discussion, I really like the things mentioned in those recent leaks. It could be nice seeing a Fire Pachirisu and a Bug/Dark-type.

I totally agree. the new and new leaks are making me tired.
On the bright side in few weeks we should have all the information.
I believe this time we won't get disappointed like with SM where only few lines were not shown prior to the release.