• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Turner is in charge of art for the whole game. He isn't making it all, he is helping steer and direct them. And being from the UK it seems that is a major fact of why.

Heck in one of the GI interviews they mention two ladies designed Sobble (I think it was Sobble).
Oh I see thankyou. I wonder what more designs we are going to have

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
James Turner designed Shadow Lugia, Vanillite, Vanillish, Vanilluxe, Golett, Golurk, Vullaby, Mandibuzz, Phantump , Trevenant, Buzzwole, Guzzlord, Poipole and Naganadel. I think these are all pretty good designs, well I'm not personally fond of the Vanillite line but that's due to concept not execution, so I think SwSh are in good hands art wise.

Pokemon Power

James Turner designed Shadow Lugia, Vanillite, Vanillish, Vanilluxe, Golett, Golurk, Vullaby, Mandibuzz, Phantump , Trevenant, Buzzwole, Guzzlord, Poipole and Naganadel. I think these are all pretty good designs, well I'm not personally fond of the Vanillite line but that's due to concept not execution, so I think SwSh are in good hands art wise.
You know, minus the Ultra Beasts and Shadow Lugia, all these Pokemon are in the game.

Bus

Has that 'TCG artist" leak been discredited yet? I had serious doubts when I saw that crop up last night. Something didn't seem right about an artist having access to this much info. Especially considering he really wouldn't know which pokemon are Pseudos since that's not really mentioned in cards; wouldn't know what pokemon are version exclusive (irrelevant to card design as well); wouldn't know what pokemon evolve via items (again..not card relevant); or which would be Gigantimaxed (I guess they could introduce that mechanic, but how does he know its a Gigantimax and not a Galarian evolution?).

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Has that 'TCG artist" leak been discredited yet? I had serious doubts when I saw that crop up last night. Something didn't seem right about an artist having access to this much info. Especially considering he really wouldn't know which pokemon are Pseudos since that's not really mentioned in cards; wouldn't know what pokemon are version exclusive (irrelevant to card design as well); wouldn't know what pokemon evolve via items (again..not card relevant); or which would be Gigantimaxed (I guess they could introduce that mechanic, but how does he know its a Gigantimax and not a Galarian evolution?).
I mean he posted about a Galarian Vanilluxe line when we have seen regular Vanilluxe in the game. Imo this is fake. Which is a shame. Really liked some of the concepts

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I mean he posted about a Galarian Vanilluxe line when we have seen regular Vanilluxe in the game. Imo this is fake. Which is a shame. Really liked some of the concepts
But here’s the thing. We don’t know if the Wild Area will have non regional versions of Pokémon in it as one of the daily changes. We could get both Fire and Psychic Ponyta in Shield. All we know about the Area is that it changes daily, Max Raid captures happen here, and rare Pokémon will appear.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
But here’s the thing. We don’t know if the Wild Area will have non regional versions of Pokémon in it as one of the daily changes. We could get both Fire and Psychic Ponyta in Shield. All we know about the Area is that it changes daily, Max Raid captures happen here, and rare Pokémon will appear.
That’s true. That’d also provide a neat way to get the other variants of the Pokémon, maybe even Alolan forms.

Volcarona1994

The "TCG artist" mentioned Vanilluxe having a Galarian/Regional Evolution. He didn't say it having a Galarian form. There are some thing which make me feel suspicious about him, but I think he might be spilling the truth. Remember what happened with Mareanie and some Pokemon from Unova, they were leaked by a "TCG artist".

DSDark

Breeder
The "TCG artist" mentioned Vanilluxe having a Galarian/Regional Evolution. He didn't say it having a Galarian form. There are some thing which make me feel suspicious about him, but I think he might be spilling the truth. Remember what happened with Mareanie and some Pokemon from Unova, they were leaked by a "TCG artist".

mareanie was leaked from an actual tcg product

DannyDiglett

I mean, is there any real need for a brand new type? New types are only really introduced for the sake of balance, and as of right now, none of the types really seem significantly overpowered.

Sure, some types like Ice and Bug could use a buff, but that's about it.

A little bit off-topic but I have the need to say this: I still believe the types should be more equally balanced. From my point of view Electric should have one more weakness in addition to Ground and Ice should have one more resistance. I also think Steel is too powerful and Grass has too many weaknesses.

On-topic: I consider these leaks as fake until they are officially revealed in case they are real. Though there are some that appeal to me like the clock line.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
One of them also reminds me of a Peahat.

So do y'all think it's possible that we won't see any other stage of the starters be it middle or final before the games release?

Personally, I'd say not to expect them to come up at all. That's what I'm doing. You only get disappointed if you expect things.

Unfortunately, the lack of information is what has so far made Generation VIII the worst advertised Generation to date. Even Generation's IV, V, VI and VII were more properly advertised thanks top the leaks and datamines we have had, and that's saying something. I'm afraid I have extremely little hope for Generation VIII. I want them to succeed, but I fear that recent lack of new information may cost them dearly in sale numbers.

Leaks and datamines are not "advertisement." They weren't created by the people who made the product nor a party approved by the people who made the product. They're independent of the whole process.

(This isn't counting fake "leaks" done by media companies like Disney to generate hype, but Game Freak, The Pokémon Company, and Nintendo are not the sort to do fake leaks.)

There's not gonna be a "shouty announcer" since all Pokemon games have always had voiceless dialogue. That sounds a little silly.

The Pokémon Stadium games had announcers, including Pokémon Battle Revolution. All three had crowd noises too, though they're on the quiet side.

Just you watch though. The non-fans are going to complain that the dialogue isn't voiced, like they complained with The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, often accompanied with a refusal to buy any further Zelda games if they don't get to hear the characters speaking. (Then again, there have been demands in the past to have a fully voiced Super Mario games. What we got were the cutscenes in Super Mario Sunshine, which got them to stop, even if I liked Bowser's voice, as it sounds hammy.)

1571708508344.png

Oh, of course, all leaks are fake until proven real. But someone in that thread did note he was taking like 1-2 minutes per drawing. So if it's fake, this guy's either amazing at improv or these were drawn ahead of time (and I feel like even that would be hard to fake, given he can't predict everything people ask beyond like starter evos and stuff).

With that being said, it does mention a lot of things from the Parasect leak that was proven fake, so I'm still leaning toward it being fake.

There are some artists who specialize in this sort of drawing, coming up with concepts quickly and making quick sketches of them. Caricature artists whom you see at fairs, carnivals, and conventions are this type of artist, since they need to produce artwork of people and do it fast. Storyboard artists are another. This person comes across to me as that sort of artist, though specilizing in monster designs. That being said, the little dots and splotches suggest to me that these were drawn on paper with ink, then scanned in black-and-white. Those thin little lines are very likely penciling lines that made it through the scanning process because they weren't erased completely (or the scanner's black threshold setting is too high).

Yea it is a mess with all of the anonymous comments.

That's 4chan though. Everybody has an anonymous account, which is part of the culture. Anyone who actually goes through the registration process to create an account is not taken seriously and driven out (sometimes with their real-life identity and phone number shown to everyone).

Not really sure how it got started though.

I like the idea of Aeternatus being a third wolf because... Well...

10% Zygarde is already based on Fenrir though. Its "scarf" even resembles Gleipnir, the chain leash used to restrain it.

Hopefully it's not too late to change some designs in that case.

Don't worry; James Turner does things other than Pokémon too. He's the current illustrator for the Mameshiba books, for instance.

It's quite likely that Dynamax and Gigantamax will have an equivalent in the TCG, though how they'll be executed, I have no idea. Each generation-specific battling gimmick has existed in the TCG in the past, with double battling, triple battling (rotation battling is technically already how the TCG has worked from the start, and their verison of Battle Royal has existed since Generation III), and Mega Evolution, with counterparts to Z-Moves.

A little bit off-topic but I have the need to say this: I still believe the types should be more equally balanced. From my point of view Electric should have one more weakness in addition to Ground and Ice should have one more resistance. I also think Steel is too powerful and Grass has too many weaknesses.

I'd say Steel is fine as it is, since it has weaknesses to rather common types and has problems when up against Water and Electric Pokémon. It's a highly defensive type without many offensive option, which was the original point of the Rock-type...which is a type I feel needs fewer weaknesses.

In additon to what I mentioned before about Ice improving greatly with a Water immunity, I'd say at least one Fighting-type weakness and one Ground-type weakness should be removed, though which types they are I'm not sure. Not Steel though.

DMB1985

Whenever somebody "reveals" the area in which they work it instantly screams fake. It's just asking to join the bankruptcy club so they're either a colossal idiot or they're out for a bit of attention. On top of that, this piggybacks on a couple of leaks that have pretty much been proven fake so I would say the chances of this being real are remote at best (now watch as this proves to be 100% genuine).

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
@Ophie

Oh I know. The anonymous comments just tended to drown out the person.

SurrealistSmeargle

I mean, i don't give it huge amounts of credit either, but, as you say, there's ample opportunity for them intro new mechanics where this would be relevant info, and we have no clue what info the TCG team get given. For all we know they could introduce an evolutionary item trainer card with a specification to have wooloo's evos in the art. You can't really dismissed based on what's relevant to the TCG when we have no clue what info they're usually given or planning on using.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
True, leaks aren't advertisements, but one does have to admit these games have been really under-advertised compared to the last couple of gens. One of the people who got to play for 90 minutes even noted how they seem to intentionally be keeping a lot of the game secret, given how there was a lot they saw that they weren't allowed to talk about.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.