• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Kangaflora

I think the leaks have now officially gotten to the point where only a Datamine can prove whether or not the so-called "leaks" are real. I'm even starting to doubt that Affleck's leak is real.

DannyDark

I think the leaks have now officially gotten to the point where only a Datamine can prove whether or not the so-called "leaks" are real. I'm even starting to doubt that Affleck's leak is real.

It's real in the sense that what's been proven is absolutely real, obviously.
But you can never be 100% certain, it's common for leaks to throw in some false information alongside true and so until it's revealed you can't be entirely sure.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

The Affleck leak has been validated by just about every video and trailer GameFreak puts out. It's almost undoubtedly a real leak, however that doesn't mean everything in it is necessarily 100% true. Last generation there was a leak that was almost completely accurate, save for the fact that it mentioned a Water-type Alolan Arcanine who obviously wasn't present in SM. Discrepancies like this have a number of possible explanations. Perhaps the leaker had access to material from an earlier stage in the game's development, when a Water-type Alolan Arcanine was a design they were working on, but was scrapped at a later stage in development.

We don't know exactly how or when the Affleck leaker got his information, so it's not out of the question that similar discrepancies could occur this time around, but so far they haven't, and there's only a small amount of information left in the Affleck leak that hasn't been outright confirmed.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I would love for the French leak to be real, it sounds super great! Having so many new pokemon and galar forms would soften the blow of not being able to transfer all pokemon.

Though I am disappointed in the galar forms they revealed. While I would love a Fairy lickitung, they seem to be slapping fairy type on everything. And if not, then they just change a single typing, pretty uninspired stuff.

Kingudora

My favourite
I like that French leak, there's nothing that in my opinion sounds implausible about it and there are a lot of ideas that intrigue me.

It is just the fact that it sounds so promising that makes me skeptical about it.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I like that French leak, there's nothing that in my opinion sounds implausible about it and there are a lot of ideas that intrigue me.

It is just the fact that it sounds so promising that makes me skeptical about it.
Especially considering that the total number of new Pokemon and Galarian Forms would literally exceed the number of Pokemon introduced in BW (156).

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
You know, one thing these leaks never bother to mention is who Leon battles in the opening scene of the game.

Game Freak is clearly making an effort to keep it a secret, so shouldn't that be something folks leak?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
You know, one thing these leaks never bother to mention is who Leon battles in the opening scene of the game.

Game Freak is clearly making an effort to keep it a secret, so shouldn't that be something folks leak?
Might be a Cosmog situation where despite being introduced literally as soon as you open the game and being a huge part of the story, GameFreak’s keeping them secret just... For the sake of it, I guess.

axelme

I would love for the French leak to be real, it sounds super great! Having so many new pokemon and galar forms would soften the blow of not being able to transfer all pokemon.

Though I am disappointed in the galar forms they revealed. While I would love a Fairy lickitung, they seem to be slapping fairy type on everything. And if not, then they just change a single typing, pretty uninspired stuff.

yeah, that one was pretty cool sounding. the 2 new eevolutions would be pretty well recieved. the dragon one's been wanted for a while

it also mentioned a counterpart to eevee which i have thought would be cool to have for a long time. a cat that can evolve a similar number of times

there's just to much information there to be real. if even half of it comes to pass though i'll be happy

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Yeah, with that French leak, we have to remember that if something looks too good to be true, it probably is. And that leak just has way too much stuff that people would love to have.

Volcarona1994

Yeah, with that French leak, we have to remember that if something looks too good to be true, it probably is. And that leak just has way too much stuff that people would love to have.
Could it be the French leak has mixed information? I mean, things which are true and others which are not.

axelme

Could it be the French leak has mixed information? I mean, things which are true and others which are not.

so much of it seems to just be a common list of what people want to see i doubt any of it is true. like i said though if even a portion of it is it'd be nice.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I think the French leak is half true and half not, but that’s unlikely, now that I think about it TCG Designer leak is fake because of the Galarian Vanilluxe concept. I personally think that it could also be very close to what fans want, like a flamingo, peacock, narwhal, and robot.
I think it could end up being true partially but some being fake.
I personally think since there will be at least 7 new Pokémon in the first route, the number of Pokémon may very well be over 100.
The only real likes so far are the picture riddle that predicted Morpeko and Galarian Weezing, and the Affleck Leak and Meteodaina leak.

Orphalesion

The only real likes so far are the picture riddle that predicted Morpeko and Galarian Weezing, and the Affleck Leak and Meteodaina leak.

Do you mean the picture riddle with the teapot elephant and the girl in the Eevee costume? Because didn't that show up *after* Morpeko and G.Weezing were revealed? Because if so, then it didn't predict a single thing...

.Aerodactyl.

It doesn't help that the pokemon the French leaker mentioned don't really line up with what we've seen. Griffins, sand worms, flying pig, living scarecrow, ghost book... very mythological, when what we have been shown is more based on real animals: Yamper, Corvinight, Cramorant, wooloo. Sure we've got Polteageist and Alcreamie, but that's not outside pokemons wheelhouse. I don't know if I'm making sense, there's just something about the supposed new pokemon that don't feel like the thematically fit with what's been released in the way that gen 7 and gen 8 pokemon fit in their respective gens. Could just be me overthinking though.

I wouldn't be surprised if some things from it came true, but if they did, I think it would be because of a lucky guess, and not because they had any information. They're either what they say they are (someone who played the French version for awhile via circumstance but doesn't own the copy) or they're making stuff up because they can. And I'm betting on the later.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Do you mean the picture riddle with the teapot elephant and the girl in the Eevee costume? Because didn't that show up *after* Morpeko and G.Weezing were revealed? Because if so, then it didn't predict a single thing...
The picture riddle did include a butterfly, a dragon's head, and the aforementioned kid in the Eevee onesie. Many believe these are referencing Gigantimax Butterfree, Charizard, and Eevee respectively. Furthermore, there's a screenshot of the early game going around showing a panel that includes Pikachu, Charizard, Butterfree, Gengar, Machamp, and an unknown sixth Pokemon. That has led many to believe Machamp and Gengar also have Gigantimax forms, and the former is also referenced by that leak. I think both of these circumstances have led many to believe that leak is real (also that the Affleck leak mentioned nothing about either of these Gigantimax forms).

Personally, I'm a little on the fence on that one. I don't recall who stated it earlier, but I agree who whoever stated that that that particular leak cannot be falsified because people are going to interpret pictures in many different ways and find ways to make whatever gets revealed "fit" that leak (the Morpeko thing especially stands out). Furthermore, we knew Gigantimax Charizard was inevitable, Eevee is basically a second mascot at this point so it getting a Gigantimax form isn't surprising, and it's not hard to assume a butterfly or moth Pokemon was getting a Gigantimax form as a reference to Mothra. Heck, I don't even think Gigantimax Machamp is that hard to predict if it is a thing considering it's the only one of that OG trade evolution quartet that hasn't received anything yet, and I'd put it in that same fan favorite Kanto 'mon category as Snorlax and Gengar. So honestly, they haven't predicted anything major yet.

I'll believe it's more credible if they're right about stuff like the fruit bat or Wooloo's evolution(s).

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

Which Meteodyna leak?