• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Might be a Cosmog situation where despite being introduced literally as soon as you open the game and being a huge part of the story, GameFreak’s keeping them secret just... For the sake of it, I guess.

But it's not a pokemon they're keeping secret. It's a person.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
EHNc42cUwAA914C.jpg

Whoever Raihan is, perhaps?

TrainerFuurin

The French leak sounds too good to be true, almost making it unbelievable. But if we in fact get more than 156 new Pokemon/forms, it would be hilarious to see the boy-cotters turn back and said "Oh okay, if it's that many probably no NatDex is probably acceptable, I'll give it a go". I mean, we have the most new mons in Gen V when they wanted players to focus more on the new ones for the playthrough, so I think we'll be having a similar vibe going on SwSh especially after the Dexit.

Dang, I can't wait for the datamine to comes out! It probably will took me hours to select my party members after seeing all the new mons.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
The artist/leaker did not write any numbers or arrange them like shown above. That was done by someone else afterwards to make it easier to follow

Ah, all right then. Makes more sense now. Weird way to arrange it though.

It's not the time that's the issue, it's the level of detail itself, if he doesn't have his work in front of him and has to draw based on memory. Usually leakers are leaking from outside their office, without their work in front of them (since their office computer most likely can't connect to the internet and it's most likely forbidden to carry their work home), so their description will miss a lot of details. Even in the case of the Alola starter leak where the leaker actually has their work with them, the leaker just outright scanned and posted the character design sheet, instead of taking the time to redraw them.

Although, even if we're ignoring that, the TCG leaker still has a lot of other questionable stuff, so.....I guess in the end it's wait and see again like any other leaks. I'm still leaning towards the TCG leaker being a fake though.

One can definitely draw stuff that fast if they've drawn that character a lot. I mean, at conventions, you get these artists who draw one of their characters in front of a camera, and it's always done within two minutes, usually within one. When they take longer, it's because they want to make it look professional; in this case, they're rough doodles, with many imperfections in the linework, but not enough to make something unrecognizable.

I think the person doing the drawing has real talent and real skill, but all in all, none of it proves or disproves that leak's validity.

... But they design similar Pokemon to Pikachu (objectively the most famous Pokemon, being the mascot of the series) every generation. We refer to these as Pikaclones/Electric rodents (Plusle/Minun, Pachirusu, Emolga, Dedemme, Togedemaru, and now Morpeko). They haven't really done so for Eevee yet but saying that it's a famous Pokemon isn't really a great reason for why they wouldn't do it. I think a stronger argument would be that the multiple split evolutions gimmick has always been Eevee's thing and giving it to a new Pokemon all of a sudden would be a bit strange, but again just because they haven't done it doesn't mean they won't do it, an adage they prove to be true every generation.

Just as Pikachu crosses generations, per se, by having counterparts in every generation, with varying levels of visibility, Eevee crosses generations by having more evolved forms as the generations go by. However, just as except for Pichu, the Pikaclones are mostly unrelated, Eevee's evolution tree currently already crosses four generations, and I think this is Eevee's gimmick, per se. Hence, it doesn't make sense to me to start over and create a new Eevee. It makes more sense to keep adding more Eeveelutions.

So for those who can’t access the link, here’s a recap:
•Galarian forms for Zubat and Golbat (he didn’t mention if Crobat got one) (Grass/Flying), Girafarig (Dark/Normal), Ledyba and Ledian, as well as their new evo (Bug/Fighting), Licktung (Lickilicky not mentioned) (Fairy), Larvesta and Volcarona (Bug/Ice), Phanpy and Donphan (Ground/Electric), Slakoth, Vigoroth, and their new evolution (Dark), Surskit and its new evolution (Bug/Fairy), Carvahna (Sharpedo not mentioned) (Water/Steel), Arbok (Ekans not mentioned) (Psychic/Fairy) Venipede, whirlipede, and Scolipede (Bug/Ground)
•Galarian Rapidash is a Pegasus (Psychic/Flying)
•Two pseudos (the leaker says he played Sword, and believes the pseudos are version exclusives) that you get an egg for at a House from someone who has all of the pseudo legendaries. In the leaker’s case, he got a Flying Type Griffin, while the other pseudo is a black puppy that is Dark Type
•While he didn’t mention it being a pseudo, he described a Dragon/Fairy fae Dragon line
•Three fossils: a plesiosaur (Rock/Water), a therizinosaurus (Rock/Grass), and the third one he never saw, but said the fossil was that of a suction cup
•Starters: he said he saw Scorbunny’s middle stage and it was pure Fire, Sobble’s middle becomes Water/Ghost in its second stage, and he did not see Grookey
•Evolutions for things we have seen: Impidimp does get an evolution, Rolycoly gains the Fire Type and is used by the Fire Type Gym Leader. He also said it and Impidimp’s Evolutions can gigantamax
•Lore: there’s a legend of a knight in Galar, who when he died the two legendaries took his sword and shield and now defend the region with them
•Eevee: Gets a Dragon and a Steel Evolution, as well as a counterpart (probably like that of the Pikaclones) that can evolve into three different types
•Miscellaneous new mons: Xenomorph looking Pokémon (Dark/Poison), scarecrow Pokémon (no type given), a pig Pokémon that has at least one evolution that grows wings when it gigantamaxes (Fairy) (Used by Fairy Gym Leader), Single stage narwhal (Ice/Water), mushroom Pokémon (the amount of stages weren’t given) (Fire/Poison), Book Pokémon that erases people’s memories, and stores them on its pages (Normal/Ghost) (it will do this to Hop and you’ll have to help him in the story), Robot pokemon (Fighting/Steel), antlion that evolves into a giant sand worm (Bug/Ground), Yeti pokemon that can gigantamax (Ice), Peacock (Psychic), Cramorant’s Fish is a real pokemon and is Water Type with an evolution, humanoid, moustachioed pokemon (Fighting/Dark), something called Flambino (maybe a flamingo) (no type given)
•Gigantamax form for dragonite

No confirmation on the order of Gym Leaders? I'm wondering about the status of each Gym Leader's signature Pokémon and how many of them can Gigantamax. Milo's Eldegoss, as far as we know, cannot Gigantamax, but Nessa's Drednaw can. Milo's Eldegoss is 5 levels below Nessa's Drednaw, suggesting you fight Nessa not long after Milo, and that also suggests Nessa is the first Gym Leader who uses Gigantamax. If the Fire-type Gym is first and their signature Pokémon can Gigantamax, it would be quite odd to just have the game go back and forth on that (unless the Fire-type Gym is NOT the first).

Very light on the lore, but I guess this is a characteristic of these leaks, which are aimed at people excited for the new Pokémon and mechanics and not so much for the story or world-building.

I’m fine with it as long as it gets access to Octozooka somehow. Seriously why can’t a squid Pokémon learn the move when it is literally an ink based attack but a seahorse whose species don't even have ink can?

Though I don't know why Horsea can get Octazooka, the reason they're so stingy on handing this move out is because its Japanese name translates to "Octillery Cannon." There is, literally, a specific Pokémon's name in the move's name.

Don't forget about 3 Fossils. I like to refer to these kinds of leaks as "Wish Bait". Sprinkle in some hints of confirmed leaks (Affleck), a few concepts for pokemon that haven't been seen but correlate with another (Sandworm), and add wish fulfilling things people have asked for for ages like griffins and dolphins and etc.

I had a thought: these leaks may be a bit harmful as well, since it creates expectations the games are not going to fulfill. They're going to disappoint people. This doesn't necessarily mean the game will be bad, just that it'll go in a different direction than what these leaks might make people want. It's also one thing to say something will be in a game; it's a completely different thing to actually put it in there.

I thought the TCG Artist leaker was already proven fake? Either way, a lot of effort was put in for sure. It's impressive. I'm always suspect of employee leaks though, it just doesn't make sense for them to risk their jobs and risk getting sued. They sign all kinds of non-disclosure agreements, and there's enough info to track the person down if they are leaking. Why would the go to 4chan and risk it, just for fifteen minutes of fame? I mean, it's why none of the reviewers have done it. It's just not worth it. Leaks come from people getting early copies or taking advantage of friends with copies. I don't think it's ever been an actual employee or someone who was so directly linked to the Pokemon company. Maybe a Gamestop's employee or third party seller, but never anyone so direct with Game Freak.

What do you guys think makes some leaks "stick" verses others? We get a half dozen of these text leaks a day, and this isn't the first "I'll draw what I saw" leak either. A lot of them have wish fulfillment and fan service, so why do these ones go on for pages and others just shut down?

Technically, a game tester is an employee as well, but yeah, the point still stands. Someone who's in a position as trusted as an illustrator is much less likely to risk losing their jobs as a game tester, which is an entry-level position and one highly coveted by immature people who think you're just given video games ahead of release and a paycheck, and then you play them however you want (and is why game testers are the ones most likely to leak information from the inside).

As for why some leaks stick more than others, it's because the fans deem some of them more plausible than others. For instance, I could say that Zacian can be equipped with many different swords, and Zamazenta with many different shields, and their types would change accordingly, and that you receive them during plot-important moments from key people in Galar, like Professor Magnolia and Raihan. This is a statement that provides a simple explanation as to one of the big mysteries about incomplete information in Pokémon Sword and Shield.

It's real in the sense that what's been proven is absolutely real, obviously.
But you can never be 100% certain, it's common for leaks to throw in some false information alongside true and so until it's revealed you can't be entirely sure.

Au contraire, it's better for a genuine leaker to mix in bogus information with real information. This is what real-life spies do to obfuscate facts and create a cover in case someone goes after them. In this case, if there really is someone from the inside, and they post an anonymous leak with both real and fake information, it won't be as suspicious because it might just look like they got really lucky. Having everything be true, however, will get the companies on their behinds in a hurry because there's no doubt they really ARE leaking out information.

You know, one thing these leaks never bother to mention is who Leon battles in the opening scene of the game.

Game Freak is clearly making an effort to keep it a secret, so shouldn't that be something folks leak?

That's a good point. Most of these leaks are focused on the Pokémon though, with very little on the story, the characters or the world at large. I don't think there's been a major one regarding the characters ever since the one that explained the origins of Team Yell and how they're tied to Marnie, which was what, back in July or August?

Personally, I'm a little on the fence on that one. I don't recall who stated it earlier, but I agree who whoever stated that that that particular leak cannot be falsified because people are going to interpret pictures in many different ways and find ways to make whatever gets revealed "fit" that leak (the Morpeko thing especially stands out).

This phenomenon is confirmation bias. People have a tendency to remember things that turn out to be right and dismiss and eventually forget things that turn out to be wrong. By the time the games come out, keep a copy of that picture collage leak around and see how many of them actually correspond with a Pokémon. Better yet, see how many are actually a stretch.

.Aerodactyl.

I was in the board when the French leaker was leaking. There isn't more about story because they went by what people asked, and they only really asked about pokemon. They aren't claiming to be an employee, just that they somehow got to play a French version of sword - and they don't own the game or have it with them, they played it some time ago. (My guess is they're trying to imply they know someone with a review copy, or someone who maybe is stocking the game in their store, or they were a beta tester maybe?) They didn't play the whole thing or see the whole game. They also did show compentnancy with the French language, and dropped some French names. They decided to share because they velieved the gsmes were close to getting datamined. I'm not saying it's true, just clarifying their story/what was said. We shouldn't even call it a leak, it's just a rumor.

To be honest, I think when people try to get too detailed about how they got the information, their leak falls apart. I think that's partially why this guy stuck. There were literally three other boards at the time, all people claiming to have the info. This gu lu for some reason just hooked people. He did make sure to not say anything contradictory to what is know about the games, so he can't be disproven, even though we should all know better than to believe these kinds of rumors.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
New "leak" from Reddit. Someone has spent a lot of time playing the game, but will not state their connections.

-Two forms for the "evil" legendary - which is not evil in any way
-Heracross and Pinsir have a pre-evo that joins their evo line - normal/bug type larvae Pokemon
-Impidimp's evolution is very, very underwhelming. Just a bigger version...
-Sierride is a lion Pokemon that looks WAY too much like Solgaleo
-Lapras's G-MAX is audio-based. G-MAX attack is Sonic Wave.
-Eevee does NOT have any new evolutions. Sorry!
-Anon is a Galar counterpart to Unown, and tie in to the giant glyph on the hillside in the trailers
-Kibarb is a fire type lamb Pokemon. Unsure if evolves but looks plain, so expect it will
-Inkay/Malamar now water/electric type. Similar appearance, with dark blue and orange "hat"
-Some houses lock their doors during the night, especially in less "colourful" areas
-Floatellie can only be found by fishing. Fish Pokemon that looks like fishermans leather boot.
-Aipom is now ice/fighting type. Tail wraps around body, pale blue colour. Fur seems bushier.
-Kecleon is gifted by a trainer, and is blue instead of green. Rest remains the same
-Easy Mode is automatically applied to your save if you have parental controls switched on.

Game Informer interview exclusively stated the difficulty setting won't be present in SWSH, as players can manage how easy/tough the game will be for themselves.

Also, French leaker revealing the names of Sizzile and Intelleon as Inviguane and Anolispion sounds nice. I'm not French, but I wouldn't mind at all if their name translates to them.

Last edited:

Hanto

Water Addiction
That "New eevee" thing could easily be an eevee counterpart to physical types.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Hence, it doesn't make sense to me to start over and create a new Eevee. It makes more sense to keep adding more Eeveelutions.

Agree, especially if Eevee also got a Steel-type Eeveelution in the same game. A new "Eevee" can be explained by it being the "previously pure physical types" counterpart, but then he also says there's a Steel-type Eeveelution......

That "New eevee" thing could easily be an eevee counterpart to physical types.

Unlikely, since the same leaker also states Eevee got a Steel-type Eeveelution.

Then again, this is assuming the Steel-type Eeveelution part is true :p

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Game Informer interview exclusively stated the difficulty setting won't be present in SWSH, as players can manage how easy/tough the game will be for themselves.

This poster admitted he made this rumor up. In addition, the first letter of each line (which he conveniently bolded) spell out THIS LEAK IS FAKE. An exercise in absolute pointlessness, to be honest.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
EHNc42cUwAA914C.jpg

Whoever Raihan is, perhaps?

In the previews, it was mentioned that during the opening sequence, Leon was battling someone that they can't disclose yet. People think that it's this Raihan fellow.

As for who he exactly is, I think he's either a Gym Leader, or just some random trainer for the heck of it.

TrainerFuurin

Agree, especially if Eevee also got a Steel-type Eeveelution in the same game. A new "Eevee" can be explained by it being the "previously pure physical types" counterpart, but then he also says there's a Steel-type Eeveelution......

Unlikely, since the same leaker also states Eevee got a Steel-type Eeveelution.

Then again, this is assuming the Steel-type Eeveelution part is true :p
The new Steel and Dragon Eeveelution could still be more special-based. The leaker said that the new mon's first three evolution will be fire-water-electric, but could be more physical-based this time.

I think it'd be cool to have rivalry between Eevee and the new mon.

Julia Artemis

I mean if they are doing an Eevee like based pokemon but based off the original physical split it should be Fighting/Ghost/Dragon. Also I think if they do it should either be more based off a lizard or amphibian so it's not too much like Eevee

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I mean if they are doing an Eevee like based pokemon but based off the original physical split it should be Fighting/Ghost/Dragon. Also I think if they do it should either be more based off a lizard or amphibian so it's not too much like Eevee

Dragon was a special type, not a physical one. It is currently the only special type for which an Eeveelution doesn't exist.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
The new Steel and Dragon Eeveelution could still be more special-based. The leaker said that the new mon's first three evolution will be fire-water-electric, but could be more physical-based this time.

Well, that could be confusing I think, because Flareon is physical-based, alongside Leafeon. And Umbreon if you go the Payback route.

Julia Artemis

Oh maybe flying than. I thought Dragon was physical. Maybe thought that since until gen 4 there wasn't any good dragon moves and most dragons seemed to do a lot of physical attacks except Kingdra

Snickeridoo

This new trailer probably dismantles a few of the Leaks. Not entirely sure which leak it was, or if it's been disproved already, but it mentioned Pawniard having a Galarian form. Trailer shows otherwise.
Unless they're showing the Pokemon as we remember them but throwing in the Region forms as surprises.

Marzbar

That's supposed to be a trailer? Wow. What a sh1thouse pile of sh1t that was. They looked like tacky clay models. And why the hell is Wailmer FLYING IN THE SKY for that entire scene at the end? (Munna and Glalie as well)??

Ugh. The rubbish promotion of the games continues.
(also no Galarian Oddish confirmed)