• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

DSDark

Breeder
Do any of you think we would get curry-based evolutions? I suggested on another forum that Pikachu could evolve into Alolan Raichu by eating curry pancakes, they mostly thought I was nuts. Heck, would curry pancakes even taste good? I've seen blood pancakes on Chopped and people DO eat those.

We very easily could. However we probably won't find out until we get the pokedex entries for the new forms and pokemon

Dragon Pulse

Do any of you think we would get curry-based evolutions? I suggested on another forum that Pikachu could evolve into Alolan Raichu by eating curry pancakes, they mostly thought I was nuts. Heck, would curry pancakes even taste good? I've seen blood pancakes on Chopped and people DO eat those.
I feel like the only issue with Pikachu evolving into Alolan Raichu that way is the fact that it'd only occur in Alola.

DannyDark

Yeah I reckon regional forms are only naturally evolvable/obtainable in their native region, bar gifts/trades with NPCs as in LGPE.

Orphalesion

Personally I wouldn't mind if some of them were available in more than one region.

Like Alolan Exeggutor is said to be the original form of the Pokemon caused by the tropical climate and the smaller Exeggcutors in the other region are stunted due to getting less sun/less warm temperatures/etc. So it would only make sense for A.Exeggutor to be available in all tropical regions (granted the only actually tropical region right now is Alola, but we might get one later)
Likewise I'd see nothing wrong with A.Vulpix and A.Sandshrew being available in some of the particularly cold/snowy regions.

ObakeMouse

worlds cutest mouse 2k19
I like the idea of either having a certain hold item for breeding into a regional variant (breed 2 persian holding alola incense to get A. Meowth), or some environment that can allow you to evolve into a regional variant (Thunderstone on Pikachu at the Alola Zone to get A. Raichu). Of course, restricting the amount of Pokemon available in games in the future will allow these regional variants to be more limited to just that region (or trade exclusives), so it may not really matter.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I like the idea of either having a certain hold item for breeding into a regional variant (breed 2 persian holding alola incense to get A. Meowth), or some environment that can allow you to evolve into a regional variant (Thunderstone on Pikachu at the Alola Zone to get A. Raichu). Of course, restricting the amount of Pokemon available in games in the future will allow these regional variants to be more limited to just that region (or trade exclusives), so it may not really matter.

It's fairly possible regional variants will simply become NPC tradable in future games, if not already this one.

I can easily imagine NPCs from Alola sitting up in a hotel offering to trade a Vulpix or Rattata for a new Galar pokemon.

Sponge

I feel like if we were in an earlier gen (like gen 4) that's what would probably have happened. We'd have gotten a breeding item or a special location that allowed us to evolve our Exeggcutes into Alolan Exeggutors and Pikachus into Alolan Raichu.

However I think now with dexit they'll probably be glad to have a valid excuse not to include regional forms in future games. (outside of remakes)

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m mainly annoyed that fans are openly complaining about a game that isn’t even out and because there’s no National Dex. Not every fan of the games cares about that. How can you say that games will be awful without even playing it first just because some Pokémon were left out? These games could actually be the best games yet that aren’t remakes and yet people refuse to play them because of Dexit. I hate to say this but that’s a really stupid reason not to buy the games and say they are the worst in the series. It’s BW all over again where fans missed out on an amazing pair of games and then gave them a chance and played them years after online services were shut down and the best content being the internet based Dream World was lost forever.

Marzbar

I’m mainly annoyed that fans are openly complaining about a game that isn’t even out and because there’s no National Dex. Not every fan of the games cares about that. How can you say that games will be awful without even playing it first just because some Pokémon were left out? These games could actually be the best games yet that aren’t remakes and yet people refuse to play them because of Dexit. I hate to say this but that’s a really stupid reason not to buy the games and say they are the worst in the series. It’s BW all over again where fans missed out on an amazing pair of games and then gave them a chance and played them years after online services were shut down and the best content being the internet based Dream World was lost forever.
There are quite a few other reasons that have generated some negative feedback other than Dexit. And I think the secrecy / lack of information / questionable marketing strategy of GF hasn’t helped it at all. It’s just given negative nancies like me more reason to kick up a fuss and fuel people’s resentment. But at this stage, I think we should all just wait a few more weeks for the games to come out, and then we can judge the actual games :p I know I’m still getting the game. I just need to know which one! Version exclusive information ASAP please!

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I hate to say this but that’s a really stupid reason not to buy the games and say they are the worst in the series.

I don't see many people saying they'll be the worst in the series, and people's reasons for buying or not buying the games are their business alone. This isn't quite as black-and-white an issue as you seem to believe. Some people are fine with Dexit, some people aren't fine with it and may not purchase the games because of it, but some people (such as myself) fall somewhere in the middle. Personally I don't like Dexit and I'm not sold on their reasoning for it, but I'm also not going to say they're the worst games in the series when Black and White exist don't @ me I haven't even played them yet. They could very well be amazing games, but find me a person who seriously thinks they wouldn't be just a little bit more amazing with every Pokemon in them.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think that Dexit will have any effect on the sales unless a whole bunch of older fans decide to pirate the game rather than buy it legitimately.

DannyDark

Obviously you have your opinion, but you do seem to make a lot of grand, sweeping statements.
Consider that..

- People are complaining about a lot more things than Dexit, which has almost become a scapegoat for people to complain about people that complain, honestly. Marzbar explained this well enough; the whole release period, to some, is worthy of complaint. As someone that wasn't in any way a definite purchase, it's done absolutely nothing for me by way of convincing me to buy the game, simply because they haven't shown enough impactful/relevant things to my particular taste which would perhaps have been remedied by showing just a little bit more, not expecting SM levels though.
- While there's some truth to not judging a game before you play it, you can definitely form some sort of opinion prior based on announcements. Take Dynamax, a new, prominently marketed, feature to SwSh, but we mostly know how it works from pre-release information. If someone thought the spectacle as being silly, the location-allowance of the feature as being altogether too limiting and perhaps GF's stance at removing old, well-loved features for new ones as being counterproductive.. then I'd say that they have a well-formed and valid judgement of a part of the game, which will play into their enjoyment of it as a whole. As such, of course it would influence their purchasing.
- BW being amazing games is highly divisive, and, of course, subjective. I did play Black and Black 2 and, while Black 2 was obviously an improvement, it was hands down the worst generation in my opinion, with Gen 7 following behind. But, this is also subjective, as it would be for each individual opinion.

For the first generation that has the Dexit policy and the first main series generation on the Switch, you'd have expected marketing during the pre-release period to be through the roof.. to steady the ship after it was rocked by Dexit and to convince people like myself to buy both a Switch and the actual games.. obviously, this really wasn't the case this time around. Reasons for that get tossed around "GF don't care about the audience", "SM gave too much so we're getting less now, stop complaining", "They don't have much to show hence the lack of information" all or none of which could be true, if we're being honest, and none of us know. This close to launch, it's just a case of quitting the general assumptions and waiting to see, really.

Marzbar

I did love Gen 5 for the sheer amount of cool new Pokemon, and every Gen has its strengths. But for me I actually loved Gen 6 the most in recent memory. If we had gotten Pokemon Z to tie up all the lose storylines and plot holes from XY it would have definitely been the best Gen for me. Amazing locations. I loved Lumiose City and the cafe, taxi and fashion culture. I loved the mystical rocks along the route. I loved Furfrou and its concept. We got TWO cat lines in Meowstic and Pyroar. Lots of other great designs like Dragalge, Gogoat, Aegislash, Malamar, Tyrantrum, Aurorus, Dedenne, Vivillon, Goodra, Heliolisk, Trevenant, Gourgeist.... the haunted ruins, the French medieval scenery, the flower patches, the Autumn/Fall leaves, the really tall grass mazes..... heck I didn't even hate Team Flare or the roller skates. I just think the games had good atmosphere. But GF definitely dropped the ball by not giving us a remake.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Why do we keep bringing up topics that we claim to hate hearing about constantly?

I don't disagree with the fact that people should give these games a chance but I have to disagree with your stance about Dexit. I dislike it and the reasonings behind it but I've accepted it. But you can't really use the "not every fan cares about that" claim then use "It's stupid to not want to buy SwSh because of this". Everyone has different reasons for buying the games. Do I personally feel the lack of a ND is a deal breaker? No. But I respect that others have the stance. End of the day, it's their money so whatever reasons they use to buy the game are perfectly valid.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I found a leaked list of the Gym Leaders:

Galar Gyms:

Gym 1 - Kabu - Fire Type - Steam Badge - TM59 Incinerate
Growlithe
Inferver
Gym 2 - Milo - Grass Type - Harvest Badge - TM86 Grass Knot
Pumpkaboo
Eldegoss
Gym 3 - Nessa - Water Type - Tide Badge - TM96 Aqua Jet
Barrazucca
Chinchou
Drednaw
Gym 4 Sword - Opal - Fairy Type - Sprite Badge - TM77 Scuffle
Shiinotic
Parasect
Impidus
Gym 4 Shield - Sopp - Poison Type - Spore Badge - TM06 Venoshock
Foongus
Smudgsqueek
Weezing
Gym 5 Sword - Bea - Fighting Type - Grapple Badge - TM31 Brick Break
Hitmontop
Sirfetch'd
Grabble
Gym 5 Shield - Allister - Ghost Type - Spirit Badge - TM30 Shadow Ball
Mimikyu
Polteageist
Purugly
Gym 6 - George - Dragon Type - Folk Badge - TM67 Dragon's Roar
Drampa
Dragonair
Duraldon
Anisgon
Gym 7 Sword - Donnie - Dark Type - Eclipse Badge - TM59 Brutal Swing
Mightyena
Obstagoon
Weavile
Troublin
Gym 7 Shield - Niklas - Ice Type - Peak Badge - TM70 Aurora Veil
Grumpig
Mamoswine
Snonolith
Frostilla
Gym 8 - Wesley - Steel Type - Sheen Badge - TM91 Flash Cannon
Steelix
Klang
Clautant
Persian
Mechanos

Marzbar

Galar Gyms:

Growlithe
Inferver
Pumpkaboo
Eldegoss
Barrazucca
Chinchou
Drednaw
Shiinotic
Parasect
Impidus
Foongus
Smudgsqueek
Weezing
Hitmontop
Sirfetch'd
Grabble
Mimikyu
Polteageist
Purugly
Drampa
Dragonair
Duraldon
Anisgon
Mightyena
Obstagoon
Weavile
Troublin
Grumpig
Mamoswine
Snonolith
Frostilla
Steelix
Klang
Clautant
Persian
Mechanos
I like the look of this. Not sure what leaks this supports or discredits in relation to those new Pokémon and Galar forms. Fairy Parasect, Steel Persian, Ice Grumpig, Ghost Purugly....
Aqua Jet as a TM is also.... interesting

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness

Galar Gyms:

Growlithe
Inferver
Pumpkaboo
Eldegoss
Barrazucca
Chinchou
Drednaw
Shiinotic
Parasect
Impidus
Foongus
Smudgsqueek
Weezing
Hitmontop
Sirfetch'd
Grabble
Mimikyu
Polteageist
Purugly
Drampa
Dragonair
Duraldon
Anisgon
Mightyena
Obstagoon
Weavile
Troublin
Grumpig
Mamoswine
Snonolith
Frostilla
Steelix
Klang
Clautant
Persian
Mechanos

Sounds quite interesting.

Would you mind sharing the source?

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts

Galar Gyms:

Growlithe
Inferver
Pumpkaboo
Eldegoss
Barrazucca
Chinchou
Drednaw
Shiinotic
Parasect
Impidus
Foongus
Smudgsqueek
Weezing
Hitmontop
Sirfetch'd
Grabble
Mimikyu
Polteageist
Purugly
Drampa
Dragonair
Duraldon
Anisgon
Mightyena
Obstagoon
Weavile
Troublin
Grumpig
Mamoswine
Snonolith
Frostilla
Steelix
Klang
Clautant
Persian
Mechanos

I think thats fake because I don't think Milo will have a pumpkaboo. Because I think that it's found at Glimwood Tangle & I think that we don't go there before Milo's gym.

DSDark

Breeder

Galar Gyms:

Growlithe
Inferver
Pumpkaboo
Eldegoss
Barrazucca
Chinchou
Drednaw
Shiinotic
Parasect
Impidus
Foongus
Smudgsqueek
Weezing
Hitmontop
Sirfetch'd
Grabble
Mimikyu
Polteageist
Purugly
Drampa
Dragonair
Duraldon
Anisgon
Mightyena
Obstagoon
Weavile
Troublin
Grumpig
Mamoswine
Snonolith
Frostilla
Steelix
Klang
Clautant
Persian
Mechanos

Could very well be the case, however where did this come from?