• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Bus

16 days left and still minimal info...

Should I just go in blind(ish) at this point? Might be the first time since Gen 4 where I can go into a Pokemon game and not know anything. I wasn't expecting them to be so tight-lipped this time around; they really want it to be a surprise for everyone so it's getting hard for me to decide how to approach this.

DSDark

Breeder
16 days left and still minimal info...

Should I just go in blind(ish) at this point? Might be the first time since Gen 4 where I can go into a Pokemon game and not know anything. I wasn't expecting them to be so tight-lipped this time around; they really want it to be a surprise for everyone so it's getting hard for me to decide how to approach this.

that’s kind of where I’m at

Bus

that’s kind of where I’m at
It's weird, isn't it? We normally have a lot more info. They came out and said they're doing this on purpose so it can be a surprise for more people and even assured us there's going to be a lot of new pokemon added, so I'm not really worried about a low dex number (for new additions, I mean). At this point, I'm really torn on whether to wait.

On one hand, it'd be awesome to go in blind and knowing about a sheep, an imp, a teapot, a handful of variants and nothing else (oh and an electric pupper + Maxing concepts).

On the other, am I able to go 15 days resisting the urge to visit Serebii, Reddit, or Screenrant ('cause they'll also show it)? And will videos teasing the reveals show in my Youtube feed?

Resisting that urge to 'peek' (which inevitably cascades into just looking at everything) is by far the hardest part.

I kinda want to wait; I want to go in blind. I just don't know if I'm willing to put forth the mental restraint it takes to not look.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It's weird, isn't it? We normally have a lot more info. They came out and said they're doing this on purpose so it can be a surprise for more people and even assured us there's going to be a lot of new pokemon added, so I'm not really worried about a low dex number (for new additions, I mean). At this point, I'm really torn on whether to wait.

On one hand, it'd be awesome to go in blind and knowing about a sheep, an imp, a teapot, a handful of variants and nothing else (oh and an electric pupper + Maxing concepts).

On the other, am I able to go 15 days resisting the urge to visit Serebii, Reddit, or Screenrant ('cause they'll also show it)? And will videos teasing the reveals show in my Youtube feed?

Resisting that urge to 'peek' (which inevitably cascades into just looking at everything) is by far the hardest part.

I kinda want to wait; I want to go in blind. I just don't know if I'm willing to put forth the mental restraint it takes to not look.
I think it doesnt ruint he gameplay to know which new Pokemon there are... That way u know which u want to catch and when each Pokemon evolves (if it does). The spoilers that do ruin the gameplay are characters and plot. Thats my opinion atleast.
You can choose not to look and go blind to the game

Bus

I think it doesnt ruint he gameplay to know which new Pokemon there are... That way u know which u want to catch and when each Pokemon evolves (if it does). The spoilers that do ruin the gameplay are characters and plot. Thats my opinion atleast.
You can choose not to look and go blind to the game
Oh, I know. You misunderstand, I'm not saying knowing things will ruin the gameplay. What I'm saying is that its more thrilling to go in knowing next-to-nothing. I'm debating if I should just suck it up and avoid everything to get the excitement of seeing a bunch of pokemon I've never seen before.

Bus

I agree with that statement as far as the storyline and characters are concerned.

But when it comes to Pokemon I, personally, don't really find it "thrilling". It hurts my roleplaying.
I could definitely see that. It's not really for everyone; neither are Nuzlocke runs. I just kinda find it fun personally. One of the major drawbacks, of course, would be missing out on near-impossible to find pokemon or evolution methods like flipping the screen upside down to evolve or fishing it one single spot inside of a house only when it bubbles (stupid Dhelmise).

I'm just kinda thinking ahead to playing blind and encountering something on a route and going "Whoaa!!! What is THAT thing?!" over and over lol

Orphalesion

I could definitely see that. It's not really for everyone; neither are Nuzlocke runs. I just kinda find it fun personally. One of the major drawbacks, of course, would be missing out on near-impossible to find pokemon or evolution methods like flipping the screen upside down to evolve or fishing it one single spot inside of a house only when it bubbles (stupid Dhelmise).

I'm just kinda thinking ahead to playing blind and encountering something on a route and going "Whoaa!!! What is THAT thing?!" over and over lol

Oh I understand. My "serious business" kind of Roleplaying isn't for everyone either. To explain I generally want to have the information on things my character would realistically know. That's because I really want to put myself into the shoes of my character. And to me, most people in the Pokemon world, particularly aspiring trainers, would likely know about the majority of Pokemon. (And I don't wanna roleplay Kanto-Era Ash who has to ask his Pokedex what a Pidgey is...)
If I don't get that info that I should "realistically" have, it takes me out of the game. Like, for example, there's this game called Sunless Skies, it's a sort of exploration game set in a world with incredibly rich lore...and they don't explain a thing to you, even very basic things that your character (who has lived in that world all their life) should really know. That frustrated me to no end, until I looked up some of the basic lore. There was still heaps to discover (even after 50 hours of playing I haven't discovered all locations yet or found out whatever happened to the population of that weird Mushroom Village) , but at least I could now properly roleplay my guy.

DSDark

Breeder
I agree with that statement as far as the storyline and characters are concerned.

But when it comes to Pokemon I, personally, don't really find it "thrilling". It hurts my roleplaying.

Whenever I've play another RPG I don't look what the enemies are beforehand. I figure it out on the fly when playing

Orphalesion

Whenever I've play another RPG I don't look what the enemies are beforehand. I figure it out on the fly when playing

I don't look up the enemies (Trainers, Gym leaders) either. But as I explain above, my character would know about the local wildlife and about something as incredibly important to their world's culture as Pokemon species.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
There might be a special region that allows these forms. Something like an inversion of Ultra Space, which allows you to do stuff like evolve Cubone into regular Marowak or Exeggcute into regular Exeggutor if you wish.

Before Dexit was a thing, I though they might just have an Alolan Embassy, with a garden where you can catch Alola native pokemon and evolve Cubone etc into their Alolan forms, a bit like the safari zone.

Talking about the Safari zone, I thought it would be a cool update to the safari zone to use the Pikavee catching mechanic in the Safari zone.

Not just tropical regions, but warm climates in general, I'd say, which is much of the range for palm trees in real life. If we get a region themed on the American Southwest, Mexico, or the Middle East (or somewhere in there), an Alolan Exeggutor would not look out of place. They'd probably have to call it something else though, like Tall Exeggutor, Original Exeggutor, or Toasty Exeggutor.

I'd rather the name was kept, the pokedex entries could explain away any problems ie: 'This regional variant of Exeggutor is commonly associated with the Alola region, however they can be found in many tropical regions.' or 'The Ice Type Vulpix was first spotted in the Alola region, nowadays they live all over and are almost as widespread as their Kantonian relatives' or 'Kantonain and Alolan Vulpix are named for the regions in which they were first discovered. In regions where both exist hybrid Fire/Ice Type Vulpix will also appear.' or 'Though Hoennese Zigzagoon were documeted first, the Galarian subspeices actually appears to have developed first and is far more widespread than the Hoennese Zigzagoon subspeices' - I mean in real life lots of animals have a place in their name but can be found outside of that place for a variety of reasons, I mean I saw quite a few Canada Geese when I was last in York for example. That said, I do like the sound of Toasty Exeggutor.

Mechanos is likely just "mechanical." A number of Pokémon have that suffix, like Gyarados, Cranidos/Rampardos, Ampharos, Tauros, Latios, and possibly Heracross. They're concentrated in the earlier generations. Zapdos is the only one with that suffix whose portmanteau is obvious. The others are probably for style.
By the same logic I don't think Impidus would get the us from Succubus lots of words end in us.

We got Salazzle, which is as close as we can get to a Pokémon whose life revolves around having sex.
Ditto, not what gf intended but still.

Bus

Oh I understand. My "serious business" kind of Roleplaying isn't for everyone either. To explain I generally want to have the information on things my character would realistically know. That's because I really want to put myself into the shoes of my character. And to me, most people in the Pokemon world, particularly aspiring trainers, would likely know about the majority of Pokemon. (And I don't wanna roleplay Kanto-Era Ash who has to ask his Pokedex what a Pidgey is...)
If I don't get that info that I should "realistically" have, it takes me out of the game. Like, for example, there's this game called Sunless Skies, it's a sort of exploration game set in a world with incredibly rich lore...and they don't explain a thing to you, even very basic things that your character (who has lived in that world all their life) should really know. That frustrated me to no end, until I looked up some of the basic lore. There was still heaps to discover (even after 50 hours of playing I haven't discovered all locations yet or found out whatever happened to the population of that weird Mushroom Village) , but at least I could now properly roleplay my guy.

Ooh...I get what you're saying.

Man, that's a pretty interesting approach. Then again, they are 10 yr olds going on these adventures of being the Pokemon master. I'm sure they'd recognize most local pokemon and ones seen on TV and such, but when you get to later routes or far from 'home', would they truly know and recognize every pokemon they come across?

Orphalesion

Then again, they are 10 yr olds going on these adventures of being the Pokemon master. I'm sure they'd recognize most local pokemon and ones seen on TV and such, but when you get to later routes or far from 'home', would they truly know and recognize every pokemon they come across?

I as a 10 year old in the Pokemon world would (I loved learning about animals as a kid and knew about critters my friends had never heard of) that and that's good enough for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bus

I as a 10 year old in the Pokemon world would (I loved learning about animals as a kid and knew about critters my friends had never heard of) that and that's good enough for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lol that's a fair take on it. A Pokemon fanboy growing up would probably strive to learn as much as possible before setting out on their own.

Marzbar

I don’t mind having all the new Pokémon spoiled. It stops you bumping into a new Pokémon, thinking wow that’s cool and getting excited, catching it, raising it 40 levels with care and anticipation, and then finding out you’ve caught a Delibird/Spinda/Ledian equivalent and completely wasted your time and energy. Datamines save lives, people!

Sham

The Guardian of War
At this point I’m over it. I don’t really care about any spoilers or trailers being released when there is basically two weeks left until release. The window of opportunity for excitement closed last week. I pre ordered so I’m still going to buy and play the games but my thirst for information is satiated

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I'm honestly way too busy of a person to worry about how often GF chooses to reveal information about Sw/Sh, although I do like having some surprises in the games. I loved SM and all, but revealing nearly the entire game during its hype cycle just didn't cut it for me.

So I'm fine with how they're doing things for now. It'll probably be like D/P, where we didn't get the plot or most of the Pokemon until after the game's out. I just won't play my game until all the Pokemon have been revealed, and I can plan my team.

Golden_Arcanine

I'm only excited for the preloads so I can get the game downloaded and ready to play as soon as it launches

Am I the only one that prefers the physical copies of games?

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN