• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Lucky3

I actually love how much personality the starter evos have.

Sobble going from crybaby to emo teen to smug mofo is great.

And Grookey going all rock star is cool as well. It reminds me of Incineroar but less out of left field.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Unsurprisingly I failed to keep myself away from leaks... oh well.

Disappointed with the starters evolutions (the foxes and galarian meowth look amazing, though). I can't see how Rillaboom and that Intelleon wouldn't be real, Rillaboom connects to much to the Grookey middle evolution and that would give too little time for the second leaker to come out with an evolution concept, create the model and then a fake convincing screenshot.
Those final stages are real. Better to accept it soon and start digesting it.

My opinion on them:
- Grookey2 I like it from the neck up. Its body really puts me off: it's just two straight lines with limbs.
- Sizzile is just no.
- Rillaboom... I feel like I will like it a lot more in motion and in the artwork than in this still shot. Still, judging from this alone, I really dislike it. Good thing it doesn't have human clothing, but those ultra refined instruments feel really off (a big piece of wood would have been better than that finely sculpted drumstick. Also the drum itself is too detailed to feel natural). Also, just like the previous form, its body seems to lack a proper contour, it is just a shapeless thing with the limbs merging with the trunk without any sign of articulations or lines or deails. The model could also go miles with some extra work put on detailing that hair, that green mass of nothing is terrible.
- I love Intelleton head and fins. It's the human limbs and seemingly gloves and pants that completely ruin it.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
I can guaurantee that the reaction for these starter evolutions would have been more positively recieved if it was an official unveiling by The Pokemon Company.
Uh, no. Even if those were officially revealed I wouldn't be thrilled. People have different tastes. I was one of the few who liked Primarina.

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
Everything wrong with the Sobble third evolution is what was wrong with the original Sonic design. It just feels off?

I don't know, i kinda like it's style. Maybe the fact that he's got actual hands, fingers and everything. But overall, i think it's a really nice design. Classy and Sassy, kinda like the style.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I'd honestly find it acceptable if it wasn't for the hands. It'd still be too upright for my tastes, but not offputting (and likely like salazzle it can run on all fours when moving quickly).

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I can guaurantee that the reaction for these starter evolutions would have been more positively recieved if it was an official unveiling by The Pokemon Company.
Yes, there's that. An official reveal would come with the official artwork (which usually makes wonders for some pokémon compared to their 3D model. See Delphox), moves, spirited animations... all of that would give a much better first impression than just an ugly still shot. Not that this is the first time, though, Gen VI was also like that and we first came in contact with ugly pictures from the Summary months before a proper reveal.
Gen VII had it easier since those were leaked through the anime character sheets and those are way more interesting than a screen shot.

EDIT: I just saw this image that does a fine job defending Intelleon's body, I admit. Still, I think it would be much better if its standard posture was not standing perfectly straight on 2 feet like a guy with a lizard mask (if you are going to give it such humanoid body, at least have the decency of trying to hide it with a non-human posture like Salazzle).
CQ2mUne.jpg

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
I'd honestly find it acceptable if it wasn't for the hands. It'd still be too upright for my tastes, but not offputting (and likely like salazzle it can run on all fours when moving quickly).

I think seeing it in action could do a lot for it. I could defiantely see it crawling on walls and stuff, being all sneaky and spylike. And i can see why the hands are the thing, it's a very human feature to have on a creature, which can come close to weird.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Intelleon looks far too thin. The black "clothes" or whatever are also jarring. I'm okay with the head, hands, tail, and feet.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

Honestly, I agree.

Intelleon's hands just look unnecessarily big.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
EDIT: I just saw this image that does a fine job defending Intelleon's body, I admit. Still, I think it would be much better if its standard posture was not standing perfectly straight on 2 feet like a guy with a lizard mask (if you are going to give it such humanoid body, at least have the decency of trying to hide it with a non-human posture like Salazzle).
Those pictures do help. In time I think maybe the Intelleon design will grow on me. Now we just need to wait for official confirmation and art. I do like the smug expression. It's great.

TrainerFuurin

I don’t think the “Galarian Meowth” is actually a regional form of Meowth, we (as well as Ben Affleck leaker) might have assumed it because of the similarity. In fact, it could be a new Pokemon that acts as Meowth’s clone, just like when we have Pika clone each Gen. It could have the role of rival for Meowth in the anime.

Intelleon also grows on me the more I see it. I think the frill cape can be opened so it can sort of glides, just like a spy trying to escape building from the roof. I also don’t mind the ‘gloves’ at all, we can even see the gloves start from Sizzle.

KKS-Lapras

Yes, there's that. An official reveal would come with the official artwork (which usually makes wonders for some pokémon compared to their 3D model. See Delphox), moves, spirited animations... all of that would give a much better first impression than just an ugly still shot. Not that this is the first time, though, Gen VI was also like that and we first came in contact with ugly pictures from the Summary months before a proper reveal.
Gen VII had it easier since those were leaked through the anime character sheets and those are way more interesting than a screen shot.

CQ2mUne.jpg

Gliding Lizards, I knew I'd seen something similar in real life before to this supposed Intelleon leak! They use their tail and back legs to create a motion on the surface the water that kind of looks like Ice Skating, but with the occasional kicking motion.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Intelleon looks awful!

I don’t care about the inspiration, I didn’t want another humanoid fursuit final form. Why can’t Game Freak just make some beast/animalistic final forms like Serperior, Typhloshion or Torterra? Why DO THEY KEEP DOING THIS. That Sobble3 is absolutely disgusting, this shouldn’t have been that way.

Grookey3 looks passable at least...I’m not optimistic for Scorbunny3 from the leaks.