• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

falconlord

I think I'm going to reserve judgement until or unless these are officially confirmed, personally.

For one thing, we don't know if any of these are true (although some of them probably are, or reasonably facisimiles thereof), so it seems a bit silly to get all excited now.

And for another, I've found that everything looks better when actually playing then game then in the pre-release materials.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I wish we could get past the Sobble evolution hate.

Nothing new is being said. I wish we could move on.

We debated the same half a dozen points for 3 months when Dexit was announced. A few hours of complaining about Intelleon is nothing in comparison.

KKS-Lapras

Intelleon looks awful!

I don’t care about the inspiration, I didn’t want another humanoid fursuit final form. Why can’t Game Freak just make some beast/animalistic final forms like Serperior, Typhloshion or Torterra? Why DO THEY KEEP DOING THIS. That Sobble3 is absolutely disgusting, this shouldn’t have been that way.

Grookey3 looks passable at least...I’m not optimistic for Scorbunny3 from the leaks.

I disagree on Intelleon. Now that I have an idea of what it's based off of in real life, if it moves the way I think it will, people are going to be really surprised.

And it makes sense, it's a very sleek design, making it excellent for hiding, like a spy. It's movements will be fast, and sleek, again like a spy. If the spy theme has indeed been correct from the beginning, the more I think about the species of Lizards this design is pulling inspiration from, it makes a lot of sense.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Can someone DM me when Scorbunny's get revealed? I have a big exam coming up for my major so I'll be on here less often for the next week or so. I'll catch up on leaks later

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I can get behind Intelleon's slender figure, but I'm not sure if I can deal with the awkwardness of its human pose and human clothing pattern.... They went just a little bit too far in the humanoid realm with this one, I'll give them that. Imagine raising a little Sobble into almost an actual human. I get heavy Toffee from SVTFOE vibes from it.
It's such a shame, since I really like Sizzile!

This is but a mere first impression however. I feel like Intelleon's animations, expressions and quirks will really make up for the simple design. If it is spy-themed, then it has a lot of work to do to convince me of such. I'm excited about that at least!

Orphalesion

Can someone DM me when Scorbunny's get revealed? I have a big exam coming up for my major so I'll be on here less often for the next week or so. I'll catch up on leaks later

Sure, I'll do it, if I'm awake when it gets revealed.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Clearly Game Freak can’t be trusted to design half decent animal ‘mon final forms anymore, I will never touch an Intelleon. It’s just a man with chameleon attributes slapped on. It’s groooooosssseee. At least Grookong is an ape so being a bit humanoid makes sense. Quit slapping “human” **** onto Pokemon starters! Scorbunny3 will be a glorified Fire-Fighter like Incineroar too probably. Hopefully the design is at least well done.

DSDark

Breeder
I love Rillaboom. I'm right now still starting with Scorbunny but still Rillaboom is awesome. Also the electric/poison pokemon is great too.

WolfCypher

I will never touch an Intelleon. It’s just a man with chameleon attributes slapped on.
Highly appreciated. You're the GOAT man

Reading these two posts one after the other made me laugh, because I imagined a Pokémon designed after a GOAT but with the features of a MAN.

To stay on topic, I always assumed Scorbunny would follow the Lucario/Zeraora/Zoroark route, so not as humanoid as Sobble3, but anthro enough to miff off people nonetheless.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
We debated the same half a dozen points for 3 months when Dexit was announced. A few hours of complaining about Intelleon is nothing in comparison.
The Dex Cut controversy was something thrown into the ring while each generation will inevitably be complained about with the same notes as the generation before it.

But.... I guess you're right given how the Dex Cut controversy had blown up.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
I'd be happy if that ends up being the actual final evolution of sobble, the one I don't like too much as of right now is Grookey's

Everlasting

Everything stays.
No one else finds it odd that Sobble loses its yellow sail fin on its head during its first evolution, and regains it with Intelleon?
I don't know if it's confirmed to be the shiny color of Sizzile (I've heard the Pokédex can display the shiny variation of a Pokémon that you own) but if it isn't, I kind of find it cool that Sizzile changes it up a bit. It looks an awful lot like a rebellious teen and combined with the fact that it is a chameleon, switching up its "hair" color would be so spot on.

KKS-Lapras

No one else finds it odd that Sobble loses its yellow sail fin on its head during its first evolution, and regains it with Intelleon?

Not really. It's not the first time a feature is added or removed in the middle stage that reverts back to the opposite in the final stage. Think Wartortle's tail.

It could be kinda like with the Kanto starters, where Charmander goes red when it becomes Charmeleon and then back to orange when it becomes Charizard.

Or like what he said.