• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
NraZtHc.png

I am starting to think this may be actually fake. I mean... The blue circle could just be because of the shading, but the stick? For some reason, not only is the hand larger on the left, but it doesn't seem to have a lot of brown colouring on the stick unlike in the right. So this may be fake...

I am surprised nobody has pointed it out AT ALL. WHY?
This seems kinda very nitpicky. That's literally just lighting, nothing else.

Last edited:

Mewizard

NraZtHc.png

I am starting to think this may be actually fake. I mean... The blue circle could just be because of the shading, but the stick? For some reason, not only is the hand larger on the left, but it doesn't seem to have a lot of brown colouring on the stick unlike in the right. So this may be fake...

I am surprised nobody has pointed it out AT ALL. WHY?
The Arm is just a lighting thing, the ones in the book don't have the overhead lighting of the ones in the game.
As for the arm, you can see the V shape on the stick is still there. It only looks like it's all one color because the thumb behind and the lack of clear outlines makes it seem that way.

Dragon Pulse

So does it seems that the starters will remain monotypes? Because despite Sobble not exactly turning out how I wanted it to be, I’m hoping for a secondary typing to make up for it, but it seems it is staying pure Water, just like how Grookey and Scorbunny will remain. :/

LordSerperior

Lol this just proves that even when the non-Grass first stage starters appeal to me, I will always be a grass person. Grookey's evolution is perfect, way better than what I had imagined a gorilla with a drum would look like. It's hard to say anything about Scorbunny's atm and I don't like Intelleon at all, mostly the pose and the hands. Don't mind the starters being mono-types, it's a nice break from all starters having a secondary type IMO.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
Uh, no. Even if those were officially revealed I wouldn't be thrilled. People have different tastes. I was one of the few who liked Primarina.

Sure, there'll be people who hate the designs of these starters, that's inevitable.

But there is absolutely no denying that a leajed Pokemon is treated less favourably than an official Pokemon regardless if the majority of people like the design or not.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
If these are real starters.
I like Rillaboom the most( 9/10), Intellion is really good (8.5/10)
Cinderace is 6/10. It's kinda meh, nothing special.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
But there is absolutely no denying that a leajed Pokemon is treated less favourably than an official Pokemon regardless if the majority of people like the design or not.
Indeed. The leaks last time got downright toxic. I stepped away from posting for a while after that mess.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
(Assuming these are real) I don't mind too much about the starter's final stages being mono-types, the Johto starters were all mono-type and they're all great. It remains to be seen what kind of stats they each have, but so far Rillaboom is still my favourite. I also like the two snake Pokemon that were leaked recently, I'm guessing they're both Ground or possibly Rock-type by the names "Silicobra" and "Sandaconda".

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
(Assuming these are real) I don't mind too much about the starter's final stages being mono-types, the Johto starters were all mono-type and they're all great. It remains to be seen what kind of stats they each have, but so far Rillaboom is still my favourite. I also like the two snake Pokemon that were leaked recently, I'm guessing they're both Ground or possibly Rock-type by the names "Silicobra" and "Sandaconda".

The leaker said that the snakes are Ground/Poison

Arcanineblitz

Every release cycle it’s the same thing lol stuff gets datamined and ppl don’t like the Pokémon based on still pictures then go into denial and saying “IT COULD BE FAKE” then returning a couple days after release saying “well now that I see blank Pokémon in motion I really like it!”

Marzbar

So going back to that Picture Riddle leak.... I know it's basically pointless now because we have actual leaks, but if we go back to the riddle it seems it could still be legit.... but also maybe not??

The issue I see is that the evolved squirrel pokemon looks exactly like the squirrel in the riddle. However there is no squirrel with armour on which is also seen in the riddle. Unless the squirrel gets a gigantamax form?

Orphalesion

So going back to that Picture Riddle leak.... I know it's basically pointless now because we have actual leaks, but if we go back to the riddle it seems it could still be legit.... but also maybe not??

The issue I see is that the evolved squirrel pokemon looks exactly like the squirrel in the riddle. However there is no squirrel with armour on which is also seen in the riddle. Unless the squirrel gets a gigantamax form?

I personally don't think that the riddle is legit. It had a lot of vaguely England-styled guesses or guesses that where derived from the Afflec Leak.
On the other hand if we get a fruit bat, a sorcerer penguin and metal and dragon eeveelutions (the latter of which I don't find very possible right now, but I would love to be wrong about that) then the picture riddle was right after all...

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Hey, I literally went through like 40 pages!

While that fox is adorable. It looks like Fire type. Sigh why another fire type fox. Why can't Game freak be more creative with animal & type combos. I'd understand it if Vulpix & Fennekin aren't in Galar but Vulpix has been confirmed.

It comes across as a Normal-type to me, or at least something that's part Normal-type. The first stage has something of a bandit mask and teardrop marks; the second has a mustache and a domino mask, suggesting a swashbuckler or theatre motif to me, which can potentially be any type. It's red simply because it's based off the red fox. (Apparently, it's a Dark-type, reading further.)

That being said, it doesn't feel complete to me. It feels like there is a third stage we're not seeing. I wouldn't mind if that's the final stage though.

But yeah I guess we can confirm those starters are real. No way could one person fake all of this stuff so quickly.

Oh, they can. It is possible someone started making 3-D modeling and fake book pages as soon as they saw what the game looks like. Could even be a group of people, with an artist, a modeler, someone with publishing equipment, etc. People have made fake scenes of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic that look authentic, and they needed only a week for that. There are fan videos that seamlessly blend actual footage from the show with their own.

This does look pretty authentic though.

Im getting more Zorro vibes from that fox than Bandit but I love it. Boots and all lol

Well, "zorro" is the Spanish word for "fox."

http://is2.4chan.org/vp/1572639252329.jpg

Another one

Edit: Literally no idea what it even is tbh

That grumpy purple thing gives me the impression that it's the base form of a pseudo-Legendary, especially due to its high Pokédex number for something that looks like it'll evolve twice. (Doesn't mean it's endgame though. Bagon was found about 40% through the game in Hoenn.)

Some might end up growing on me overtime and improve when I see their animations. Sometimes the static images don't really do it justice, but when you see it in game, moving how the team envisioned, they really come to life. Happened to me and Dhelmise, now I love the thing!

In contrast, this may be one of my favorite generations yet if these are real, because they have the goofiest, most bizarre looks yet, presumably due to James Turner being in charge. I do agree with Dhelmise though--I couldn't figure out what to make of it, then it made sense seeing it in motion. Minior's Core Forme is another.

Until further notice, I’m going to refer to the purple Dino as “Barney”.

Anyways, where is all this leaking at?

And not Spike the Dragon, considering he has proportions closer to this little guy than Barney?

Seems a really odd choice as that drum almost looks like it's placed infront of it?

That's a taiko drum, as it's a large drum placed in front of the drummer and with the membrane facing him/her. They're a cultural staple in Japan and is pretty much the country's signature percussion instrument. (Not all taiko drums have that physical arrangement, but it's the drum most closely associated with it.)

7YK0tHZ.png

But everyone has its own preferences of course. I just tired of Kanto pandering and all the same species (4th Fox of we count alolan Vulpix). There are so many animals who deserve to become pokemon and have not done it yet. Variety clearly sucks

On the other hand, I make teams for multiplayer with themes, ans having more fit into a particular theme is great for me because that means one step closer to making that themed team. If I have both Alolan Ninetales and regular Ninetales together, I'm one fully-evolved Pokémon away from making a team made up entirely of Pokémon based on foxes. Problem is lack of type diversity, as most of them are Fire or Dark.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that. He's looking like Gex in Pokemon but without all the (annoying but also kinda charming) movie references coming out of his mouth every other minute. lol

To be fair, that was groundbreaking back in its day. Video game player characters didn't have so many sound clips, and players found it great that they were hearing so many. Gex was also the first game to bring in a professional to voice a major character in a video game; prior to that, they plucked people from within the studio or off the street, since no one cared if they could act well. That there was a voice attached to the character at all was amazing. The references are due to Gex's voice actor being a stand-up comedian; most of them were actually improvised.

Nowadays, that sort of dialogue makes no sense as a video game player character, and they'd be directed to stay more in-character (which can be done with improv--Osmosis Jones, an animated film made a few years later, had half the jokes being improvised and yet fit the theme of whatever the scene called for; the actors were able to visualize the scene and react to it).

So Pokemon that had Alolan variants can get Galarian ones. May not be good for people sick of Kanto Pokemon

Probably not going away for the time being, as long as there are still lots of Genwunners out there who need not just a bone thrown at them, but entire skeletons.

For me their artstyle itself now looks less Pokemon-is. Am I the only one who think so?
Last time Gamefreak drastically changes style were probably Gen III with its more complex and cool-looking starters, but now all the leaked ones are more some creatures than Pokemon

Generations III and VIII have a change of art directors. Ken Sugimori was running the show at the beginning, then I believe Shigeki Morimoto became in charge of that for a while. James Turner took the helm for Generation VIII due to him growing up in the UK, so as a result, the Pokémon took on a slightly different style than before. Me, I like it, but I can see why it would be jarring for some others, especially since, for the first time, a non-Japanese person is in charge. Turner's personal style tends toward simple linework and geometric shapes, which is reflected in this generation too.

The team of designers are still the same though.

What can be taken into account that the two Pokemon that were revealed to be fake (the velociraptor and the mask beast) were found out to be based on previous designs (with the velociraptor even the pre-existing 3d model was found and the mask beast has been around since Gen 4 apparently, so it might have had a previously existing 3d model somewhere as well)
Rillaboom and Intelleon were, as far as I've seen, not based on pre-existing fan-designs...

Which brings up a point about people who engage in official works not looking at fanwork (or at least claim not to). In addition to the issues of fans suing for plagiarism (which almost happened with Sonic twice), inspiration has a large subconscious factor to it that can potentially take from anything. Imagine if a Pokémon came out that really DID resemble a fan design, or at least took inspiration from it. Then we'd never hear the end of "They're running out of ideas!" and "Fans can make better Pokémon than they can!," or at least a lot more of it.

Uh, no. Even if those were officially revealed I wouldn't be thrilled. People have different tastes. I was one of the few who liked Primarina.

I thought Primarina was really popular when it was first shown and that it redeemed Popplio in the eyes of many who saw it.

Yes, there's that. An official reveal would come with the official artwork (which usually makes wonders for some pokémon compared to their 3D model. See Delphox), moves, spirited animations... all of that would give a much better first impression than just an ugly still shot. Not that this is the first time, though, Gen VI was also like that and we first came in contact with ugly pictures from the Summary months before a proper reveal.
Gen VII had it easier since those were leaked through the anime character sheets and those are way more interesting than a screen shot.

EDIT: I just saw this image that does a fine job defending Intelleon's body, I admit. Still, I think it would be much better if its standard posture was not standing perfectly straight on 2 feet like a guy with a lizard mask (if you are going to give it such humanoid body, at least have the decency of trying to hide it with a non-human posture like Salazzle).
CQ2mUne.jpg

That would be a basilisk, the real kind. If so, then Intelleon takes the same inspiration as Heliolisk, who can also run on water (which, presumably, is why it can learn Surf) and has a very high speed for a lizard.

You're seeing these standing-straight images because those are their idle poses. That's the pose chosen in the pause screen or in the Pokédex when no other action is being demonstrated.

Functionally speaking, everything points to Intelleon having a very high speed, perhasps even higher than Greninja's. That could make it quite the useful starter, as long as it doesn't suffer in Attack/Special Attack like Serperior (at least without its Hidden Ability).

Clearly Game Freak can’t be trusted to design half decent animal ‘mon final forms anymore, I will never touch an Intelleon. It’s just a man with chameleon attributes slapped on. It’s groooooosssseee. At least Grookong is an ape so being a bit humanoid makes sense. Quit slapping “human” **** onto Pokemon starters! Scorbunny3 will be a glorified Fire-Fighter like Incineroar too probably. Hopefully the design is at least well done.

What if an opponent uses Intelleon?

(I've already decided on picking Sobble--the dislike in this thread over Intelleon just makes me want to pick it more.)

No one else finds it odd that Sobble loses its yellow sail fin on its head during its first evolution, and regains it with Intelleon?

I think the fin is the part draped over the middle stage's face.

That's my point! We still cant see it! All day its been Grookey and Sobble, no Scorbunny. This is the closest we get, and its conveniently cropped RIGHT BEFORE Scorbunny3's visible...is this for a laff?!

Leakers tend not to be the most mature people. They are also not the most professional people. As a result, you can expect your typical leaker to not have the most mature sense of humor either. One of them said he was going to go see a movie, for instance, which was his way of saying "I control your hype, and I can do whatever I want with it."

Yeah, I don't know about these starter leaks now. Another Monotype trio, it's been since Gen 2 since we've had that, but it's also incredibly unoriginal, I'm surprised Game Freak would go that route again.

How can it be unoriginal if it's been close to twenty years since the last time they did it, and that was the only time they did it? If anything, the unoriginal thing to do is to have them be dual-typed.

I don't mind the humanoid designs, but I'm guessing a lot of people like to think of Pokemon as if they were pets and therefore probably prefer the big animal starters of the first four or so generations. And GF has kinda moved away from the starters as big animals and more toward the starters being characters. It's significantly easier and less awkward to think of like a big gorilla or a big rabbit or a big chameleon/lizard as pets than the more humanoid starters as characters concepts of recent generations. That might explain some of the complaints toward the recent starters.

You have a very good point there. I just thought this was people annoyed with Pokémon being associated with the Furry Fandom (it has won several Ursa Major Awards, and the presence of the likes of the starters, Cinderace included, would make a nomination inevitable and a win likely), but that makes a lot more sense. I've always seen them as characters rather than as pets, which may be why, similarly, I get bugged with modes like Pokémon Refresh and that cat toy thing in Pokémon Camp that treat them more like pets. Probably a lot of it has to do with me starting with the anime, where Pokémon are depicted with humanlike intelligence and as characters that happen to be pets.

All that aside, the Pokémon with a humanoid appearance also tend to be the most popular, at least past Generation I. You got Gardevoir (which began the whole thing, I'm sure of it), Infernape, Lucario, Scraggy/Scrafty, Meloetta, Greninja, all of the Alola starters, Pheromosa, and Zeraora. (The Japanese kemono fans have really taken to all three Lycanroc forms.)

It's 2019 almost 2020 and we have cell phones that can record video in 4k yet all of the leaks look like they were photographed by decades old cameras.

Minimal effort.

(Don't forget that sasquatch videos all look like they're still shot on 35 millimeter film.)

Centiskorch’s Gigantamax form looks like a tapeworm. But I love it.

I have been wondering about a Pokémon themed on an internal parasite for a long time, but I wasn't sure how it would be done. Not sure if it was intentional on this part though.

Agreed with the hidden abilities benefitting the starters. After all, Greninja's part-Dark typing didn't matter at all when Protean came into play. It surely suits Intelleon better than Greninja by nature, but similar, strong, abilities will be necessary to balance them.

Also, I have a feeling there is a trade-off. Pure typings, but ridiculously high stats in return. Sobble and Scorbunny's demo stats hinted it, but I'm being optimistic at this point.

All of the final-form starters thus far, Mega Evolutions nothwithstanding, have had base stat totals between 525 and 545. (And yes, this includes the ones most people deem worthless like Meganium and Samurott.) They might break the pattern, like they did with Aurorus and Tyrantrum having much higher base stat totals than previous fossil Pokémon, but I don't think that's happening, for the reasons that 1) this is already toward the stat ceiling of non-unique Pokémon without them being pseudo-Legendary, and 2) single-type Pokémon don't have any tremendous disadvantage over dual-typed ones, though it is dependent on the type. Grass has a tougher time compared to the other two types though, as Water has few weaknesses and Fire has many resistances.

I agree with the user who says it looks like a Darkside heartless from Kingdom Hearts

Heh, I was thinking Chernabog from Fantasia.

Ok now we’re talking! Really digging the hat. Wasn’t there a leak that describes a Pokémon like that as well? Wonder what typing it could be. Maybe psychic.

I'm leaning toward Fairy-type. Either smply Fairy, Fairy/Psychic, or Fairy/Water due to the use of blue and the tip of the hat resembling a fin and the "ponytail" resembling a tail.

OH **** IS ETERNATUS PURPLE???

If it’s purple AND Poison type... it sort of seems like it could be poisonous... I’m getting too excited right now and I should be going to sleep soon...

It may well be Poison-type if it's true that this thing lives underground and has been radiating its power across the Galar region that causes Dynamax. Would be really neat too if it really is the size of a Dynamax Pokémon.

Honestly I love Scorbunny more than ever at the moment! I think all three of them are great!
I bet they'll look even better when we actually get to see their expressiveness in game.

I like it too, honestly. I've also seen people compare it to Digimon (which is fine because I like Digimon too), but personally, it slightly resembles Tyson Tan's redesigns of the characters for Freedom Planet 2, and that Cinderace would fit right in. Not much else I can say though because it's so blurry.

I don’t get the concept bending Lapras getting a music theme. But it’s max move effect is quite nice for it. Nice to see Lapras getting some love. It deserves it.

It probably comes from Lapras being associated with singing. Lapras can learn moves like Sing and Perish Song.

Heh. "Silly Cobra."

I personally don't think that the riddle is legit. It had a lot of vaguely England-styled guesses or guesses that where derived from the Afflec Leak.
On the other hand if we get a fruit bat, a sorcerer penguin and metal and dragon eeveelutions (the latter of which I don't find very possible right now, but I would love to be wrong about that) then the picture riddle was right after all...

The one I was most hoping for was Mimikyu with an Eevee disguise, as that was what I thought the lady in the Eevee kigurumi stood for.

Apparently that was a mistake as I read later at Centro Pokemon that he apologized for it and stated they're pure ground type

Interesting. They're not Poison-type, so I take it that means they're non-venomous snakes.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Hey, I literally went through like 40 pages!

Lol congrats! Must be your longest post by far.

It may well be Poison-type if it's true that this thing lives underground and has been radiating its power across the Galar region that causes Dynamax. Would be really neat too if it really is the size of a Dynamax Pokémon

That would make sense. It actually sounds like it could be a prime source for something like corruption as well, which would relate to it being “evil” like what the Affleck rumor mentioned.

I’ve decided not to avoid this place just yet, I’ve been skimming the leak thread super carefully. I don’t mind seeing names and typings, just covering over some images. And it seems Eternatus:
is purple. Finally there’s a purple third legendary! Hopefully it’s Poison type too. That would be a dream come true for me.

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Heh, I'm going through the leaks topic right now. It's growing at about the rate that I can read them. It was 79 pages when I got started, and now it's over 100.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Heh, I'm going through the leaks topic right now. It's growing at about the rate that I can read them. It was 79 pages when I got started, and now it's over 100.

...you’re not gonna make a post quoting from a hundred pages... are you? Lmao