• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Julia Artemis

So has anyone gotten a list of all the towns in the Galar region?

I've been trying to look for it, but all I get is Motostoke and Wyndon.

I know the gym leader cards listed the cities their gyms were located in but the only one I remember was Circhester which is where the Ice/Rock gym is located.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I know the gym leader cards listed the cities their gyms were located in but the only one I remember was Circhester which is where the Ice/Rock gym is located.

I really want to avoid reading the cards until I play the game. I consider them a personal treat.

Thanks for mentioning Circhester, though.

WeepingHallows

I really want to avoid reading the cards until I play the game. I consider them a personal treat.

Thanks for mentioning Circhester, though.
I googled the gym trainer cards and in addition to Circhester as Julia Artemis said, they said Milo is from Turffield, Nessa from Hulbury, and the
dark
gym mentions Spikemuth.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Am I crazy or did they finally stop adding “town” and “city” to the name of every damn town and city? Idk if it’s like that in other parts of the world but it’s rare that I actually see a town or city that have the word “city” or “town” in their name. It makes it feel more real-world even though it’s obviously still not. Lol but I like the change (if I’m not mistaken that this is indeed a change that took place)

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I don’t know if this has already been discussed but what are you guys opinion on this game being Nintendo’s first game you cancel your preorder (digital)?
Is that true? I’m pretty sure Overwatch was the first.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
So since Darkest Lariat is a TM does that mean more Pokémon can learn Sparkling Aria and Spirit Shackle?

Yes, it is possible. After all, Mystical Fire was Delphox's signature move and it was later given to Mismagius, and now Hatterene.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I don’t know if this has already been discussed but what are you guys opinion on this game being Nintendo’s first game you cancel your preorder (digital)?
What do u mean, cancel your pre order? Who?

Erron Black

The Outlaw
What do u mean, cancel your pre order? Who?
They are asking how people feel about the fact that you can cancel your eShop pre-orders for Sword and Shield now.

IMO, all digital pre-orders should be like this. Someone may pre-order digitally so they can jump into the game faster than others, but throughout news reveals and such, might decide they don't want the game anymore.(What has happened for a lot of people with these games)

With the backlash Nintendo, TPC, and GF have been receiving about these games, I'm really not surprised at all that this decision was made.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
So you think there might be plot/side quests happening there?

I strongly suspect so, yes, or at least things that happen that require you travel through the Wild Area to reach.

Not sure I'm going to use it but totally fits the Charlie Chaplin theme of the pokemon and made me laugh when I saw it had that as an ability. So funny. But maybe not the best idea to use as its main ability hopefully it gets something better as another ability. Because getting rid of Aurora Veil seems counterintuitive for an ice type

Since it affects both sides, the idea seems to be to build an entire team around it, or at least one that doesn't use any of the screen kind of moves, not even Aurora Veil. Certainly, it comes across to me as one possible counter to a Dynamax or Gigantamax in which hail is set.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
They are asking how people feel about the fact that you can cancel your eShop pre-orders for Sword and Shield now.

IMO, all digital pre-orders should be like this. Someone may pre-order digitally so they can jump into the game faster than others, but throughout news reveals and such, might decide they don't want the game anymore.(What has happened for a lot of people with these games)

With the backlash Nintendo, TPC, and GF have been receiving about these games, I'm really not surprised at all that this decision was made.
Because of dexit u mean? Im upset too because of it, but I think these games still have potential and are worth playing

Orphalesion

I'm really surprised that it isn't standard for all digital preorders. I mena you can cancel physical preorders, and digital ones should be even easier to cancel, since no finite, physical product or shipping is involved...

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Shield Dust on Frosmoth is actually useful because it can get a Quiver Dance/Tailwind up even through Fake Out. Also can’t have its stats dropped by Snarl and Icy Wind

People haven’t really caught on to this yet, but Shield Dust (effectively) makes you immune to flinching and freezing as long as the ability is active. All moves that cause these conditions also deal damage, yes, including Fling. And Stench works when a Pokémon attacks while dealing damage. So yes, Frosmoth is immune to flinches, and also has x2 immunity to freezing. Frosmoth is going to be somewhere north of RUBL, I can already tell. And it is damn pretty. Cannot wait to use it in play through.

Also, the more I keep thinking about it the more I’d like the roster to increase post game. We only have access to less than half of all Pokémon and the breeding pools are quite shallow. I will miss a lot of Pokés I’ve (and others) come to love and ones that we had potential to try out in different scenarios. Not a cool move on Game Freak’s behalf.

Julia Artemis

I mean Shield Dust is okay I guess but what would make Frosmoth truly devastating is Compound Eyes especially if it also gets access to Hurricane. Because with its Special Attack stat stab Blizzard is going to go massive damage. It has more weaknesses than Volcarona but might actually be potentially better.

DSDark

Breeder
I mean Shield Dust is okay I guess but what would make Frosmoth truly devastating is Compound Eyes especially if it also gets access to Hurricane. Because with its Special Attack stat stab Blizzard is going to go massive damage. It has more weaknesses than Volcarona but might actually be potentially better.
It could have a second ability.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Frosmoth is going to be somewhere north of RUBL, I can already tell.
Maybe. The two x4 weaknesses may hurt it quite a bit, especially with Rock types if Stealth Rocks comes back unchanged.

Though it could also be Ice-type Volcarona, in which case BL/OU would be where we see it. We do have to remember this will be a very limited meta.