• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

B. Thunder Tiger

There is something very, very interesting about Zacian that I never thought about:

"Some say it’s Zamazenta’s elder sister—others say the two Pokémon are rivals."

Sister? Does that mean Zacian is female and Zamazenta is male?

c5P5cc.jpg

I pretty much called this, when I was speculating about their designs on Bulbagarden. I think I have the same post somewhere in this topic or in another one. To me, the braids were a good give away, as well Zacian's more slender build, as compared to Zamazenta's more muscular one. She is pretty much designed around with a moon-like motif. Her typing combo of Fairy/Steel also pretty much confirms this, as Fairy is associated with the Moon, and the Moon represents silver, hence the Steel typing. Add thereby that her sword's hilt, when its powered up, sports a crescent moon shape. Femininty is also heavily associated with the moon.

I like to think Zacian invokes the image of a queen, and Zamazenta invokes the imagery of a king.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
I pretty much called this, when I was speculating about their designs on Bulbagarden. I think I have the same post somewhere in this topic or in another one. To me, the braids were a good give away, as well Zacian's more slender build, as compared to Zamazenta's more muscular one. She is pretty much designed around with a moon-like motif. Her typing combo of Fairy/Steel also pretty much confirms this, as Fairy is associated with the Moon, and the Moon represents silver, hence the Steel typing. Add thereby that her sword's hilt, when its powered up, sports a crescent moon shape. Femininty is also heavily associated with the moon.

I like to think Zacian invokes the image of a queen, and Zamazenta invokes the imagery of a king.

There was also some speculation in the legendary thread that Zacian’s design is based off of a valkyrie, especially with the wings.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I don’t think you (or anyone) should be disappointed for buying a game. Game Freak seems to add/remove whatever they feel like for each new pair of games. I doubt sales have made any difference in whether content gets cut or not since the games always sell millions anyway.

I suppose it’s just a strange place to be in, as I was so adamant that none of the concerns people had with LGPE would be relevant come this year. And I was so forceful in that belief, and dismissive to anyone who suggested that limiting species or moves or other things might not be a good sign in the long term for people who disagreed.

Yet, here we are. It’s so interesting that moves are coming up because I specifically argued with people about it, saying there was no reason to believe they’d do anything similar in more traditional games! Guess I kinda had that one coming. :p

Thank you for actually understanding where both sides are coming from instead of dismissing criticisms as a response.

Yeah. We all want to enjoy this series, I think, whether we like the changes or not. I’m phenomenally disappointed in them, and Most don’t make sense to me, but people deserve to enjoy the games if they like them so far. I have no animosity to direct at anyone who disagrees or who isn’t concerned with move removal or other changes. We vote with our wallets, really, and whether GameFreak continues in any given direction or changes things will hopefully depend on a sincere desire to make as many people happy as they can.

DSDark

Breeder
Hopefully Arcanine gets physical fire moves like fire lash!
  1. 059 - Arcanine (Stage: 2)
  2. ======
  3. Galar Dex: #71
  4. Base Stats: 90.110.80.100.80.95 (BST: 555)
  5. EV Yield: 0.2.0.0.0.0
  6. Abilities: Intimidate (1) | Flash Fire (2) | Justified (H)
  7. Type: Fire
  8. Items: None
  9. EXP Group: Slow
  10. Egg Group: Field
  11. Hatch Cycles: 20
  12. Height: 01.90 m, Weight: 155.0 kg, Color: Brown
  13. Level Up Moves:
  14. - [00] Extreme Speed
  15. - [01] Extreme Speed
  16. - [01] Burn Up
  17. - [01] Flame Wheel
  18. - [01] Helping Hand
  19. - [01] Agility
  20. - [01] Fire Fang
  21. - [01] Retaliate
  22. - [01] Crunch
  23. - [01] Take Down
  24. - [01] Flamethrower
  25. - [01] Roar
  26. - [01] Play Rough
  27. - [01] Reversal
  28. - [01] Flare Blitz
  29. - [01] Ember
  30. - [01] Leer
  31. - [01] Howl
  32. - [01] Bite
  33. TMs:
  34. - [TM08] Hyper Beam
  35. - [TM09] Giga Impact
  36. - [TM11] Solar Beam
  37. - [TM13] Fire Spin
  38. - [TM15] Dig
  39. - [TM19] Safeguard
  40. - [TM21] Rest
  41. - [TM23] Thief
  42. - [TM24] Snore
  43. - [TM25] Protect
  44. - [TM26] Scary Face
  45. - [TM31] Attract
  46. - [TM34] Sunny Day
  47. - [TM38] Will-O-Wisp
  48. - [TM39] Facade
  49. - [TM40] Swift
  50. - [TM41] Helping Hand
  51. - [TM66] Thunder Fang
  52. - [TM68] Fire Fang
  53. - [TM76] Round
  54. - [TM79] Retaliate
  55. - [TM81] Bulldoze
  56. - [TM85] Snarl
  57. TRs:
  58. - [TM01] Body Slam
  59. - [TM02] Flamethrower
  60. - [TM12] Agility
  61. - [TM15] Fire Blast
  62. - [TM20] Substitute
  63. - [TM21] Reversal
  64. - [TM24] Outrage
  65. - [TM26] Endure
  66. - [TM27] Sleep Talk
  67. - [TM31] Iron Tail
  68. - [TM32] Crunch
  69. - [TM36] Heat Wave
  70. - [TM42] Hyper Voice
  71. - [TM43] Overheat
  72. - [TM53] Close Combat
  73. - [TM55] Flare Blitz
  74. - [TM62] Dragon Pulse
  75. - [TM74] Iron Head
  76. - [TM86] Wild Charge
  77. - [TM90] Play Rough
  78. - [TM97] Psychic Fangs

B. Thunder Tiger

There was also some speculation in the legendary thread that Zacian’s design is based off of a valkyrie, especially with the wings.

Oh nice, I can see valkyrie-like designs in Zacian easily. Yeah, the wings especially as well the moon theme also gave me a idea that Zacian had some connection with the sky, and Zamazenta with the land, but those things really didn't have much leg to stand on.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I didn’t realize these Pokémon had gigantamax forms until a few moments

Snorlax, Toxtricity, Gengar, Melmetal, and a couple others I forgot

What do you all think of these?

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
More the merrier, all look good to me.

Agreed. I honestly didn’t care for dynamaxing as a mechanic but the inclusion of “new forms” via gigantamaxing has me excited. I didn’t have any hopes at all for any of my new favorites to be included in that list so seeing
To trocito and Sandaconda
both get G-max forms is great. I’m officially excited for the games

ShadowForce720

Do we know if the Toxel from that you get from the daycare has the ability to Gigantamax if you evolve it into a Toxtricity? I asked this because so far it hasn't been revealed if there is a location you can find wild Toxel at.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I've just taken a look at the new Pokemon reveals and i'm guessing from the design, mostly the spiky hair on either side of it's head the one in the bowler hat is something to do with Mr. Mime.

I'm going with either Galar Mr. Mime or a possible evolution.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Do we know if the Toxel from that you get from the daycare has the ability to Gigantamax if you evolve it into a Toxtricity? I asked this because so far it hasn't been revealed if there is a location you can find wild Toxel at.
I hope so, but I haven’t heard anything like that yet. IMO making Gigantamaxes super rare was kind of a bad decision.

sketchersmeargle

I've just taken a look at the new Pokemon reveals and i'm guessing from the design, mostly the spiky hair on either side of it's head the one in the bowler hat is something to do with Mr. Mime.

I'm going with either Galar Mr. Mime or a possible evolution.

Regional Evolution, Mister Rime.

For anyone who doesn't know, rime is a light frost.