• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

vaporeon89

power of vapor
Do we have the descriptions, categories, etc of new moves? I can only find who learns them

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I actually would prefer for it to be something like this because, despite it being incredibly silly for a multi-billion dollar gaming company to make such a mistake, that means that a), missing Pokemon being patched in through future content patches isn't actually off the table and b), even if they aren't patched in, perhaps we won't see Dex cuts in future games/generations.

That being said, I find this somewhat unlikely, as the rumors aren't even sourced, and this does seem like a very silly mistake to make. I'd expect this from Jagex, not GameFreak. I also think that if this had been the case, when they first got massive amounts of backlash against Dexit they would have come right out and said "Yeah, look, there was an issue porting the older models over to the new format that made this decision necessary. We'll try to avoid having the same situation affect future games." and that probably would have diffused most of the backlash right there.

No, I can definitely see this happening. I firmly believe that something horribly wrong happened during development that ate up a lot of their time and resources, forcing them to make a lot of compromises. Them not being completely upfront about the issues during development is a combination of them being a Japanese company (it's really more of an American/European thing for this sort of transparency; they may confess more of it after the game comes out though) and them having people they have to answer to (to avoid ticking them off, which could cause said bosses to tighten their leashes further).

Eternalfalcon

Unova champion
There's appears to be a RUMOUR floating that what actually happened is that they screwed up porting the models to Switch and because of that, they had to limit the amount of Pokémon.

Grains of salt, though.
wouldn't surprise me to be honest, I think they did something in sun and moon with Lillie which apparently was where they had to add extra unnecessary code, so from what I've heard they aren't the best when it comes to these things

WeepingHallows

I’m wondering the exp share break the game. I never liked rotating teams but I might have to
The below link was posted in the Sword & Shield General Discussion thread and is said to come from a fan as opposed to a review site that may have other interests. Feel free to read it yourself. However, what is said about the exp share is "RE EXP share difficulty curve, my team on a first playthrough has so far been about the right strength for each gym, not massively overlevelled but not struggling either. Folks wanting more of a challenge may need to impose their own rules like set mode etc." That sounds like a typical Pokemon game to me.

https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/1194617261383995392

does anyone have links to promising leaks, Ive been living under a bit of a rock recently so I'd be grateful any info
You can't post links to leaks in the forums at the moment. Serebii got a cease and desist from Nintendo.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
No, I can definitely see this happening. I firmly believe that something horribly wrong happened during development that ate up a lot of their time and resources, forcing them to make a lot of compromises. Them not being completely upfront about the issues during development is a combination of them being a Japanese company (it's really more of an American/European thing for this sort of transparency; they may confess more of it after the game comes out though) and them having people they have to answer to (to avoid ticking them off, which could cause said bosses to tighten their leashes further).

I believe this as well. They explicitly stated that Sword/Shield would be the games that longtime fans have waited for. Now I’m not sure what that means exactly in terms of Game Freak’s views of what appeals to these fans, but I have doubts that what we’ve been seeing in the games so far were completely what they had in mind. As one example, I remember some bringing up an interview from the past where Masuda answered a question regarding the lack of connectivity and transferring old Pokémon between Gens 2 and 3. He said that it was something he was hoping would never happen again. I definitely believe there were issues with development, whether it was time constraints, malfunctions, inexperience, or all of the above that resulted in a less than ideal product that ultimately they couldn’t figure out before a much anticipated release.

Orphalesion

That being said, I find this somewhat unlikely, as the rumors aren't even sourced, and this does seem like a very silly mistake to make. I'd expect this from Jagex, not GameFreak. I also think that if this had been the case, when they first got massive amounts of backlash against Dexit they would have come right out and said "Yeah, look, there was an issue porting the older models over to the new format that made this decision necessary. We'll try to avoid having the same situation affect future games." and that probably would have diffused most of the backlash right there.

I mean from what I can tell from my limited experience, porting models is not without it's potential issues and for all of how big Pokemon is, GF is still a small studio.

A friend of mine is porting Sims 4 models to Sims 2 and more often than not she has to reconstruct the meshes from a mess of stringy polygons, which she then has to fudge and push into their proper shape at which point she then has to take care of all the lighting/shadow and texture issues that arise.

Though, of course it does sound like a rumour that arose from somebody *wanting* it to be true. We'll just have to see. I for one don't quite believe that the possibility of Pokemon being patched back into SwSh or the return of the national dex is completely off the table.

shadowF

Is the Elite Four replacement tournament set if it comes to the Gym Leaders and order of fights?
Is it always
0. Bede
1. Nessa (1/8)
2. Bea/Allister (1/4)
3. Raihan (final)?

Also do we fight Rose right after Raihan?

Is the list you provided the people we fight during the championship cup in the first story? I thought it was:
0. Bede
1. Marnie(1/8)
2. Hop (1/4)
3. Raihan (final)?
Then Rose then the Eternatus then Leon?

Can someone correct me and give me the actual list?

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
  1. Is the list you provided the people we fight during the championship cup in the first story? I thought it was:
    0. Bede
    1. Marnie(1/8)
    2. Hop (1/4)
    3. Raihan (final)?
    Then Rose then the Eternatus then Leon?

Can someone correct me and give me the actual list?
So it goes like this:
1. Marnie
2. Hop
Macro Cosmos (Rose comapany)
3. Oleana

Next day:
0. Bede
1. Nessa
2. Bea/Allister
3. Raihan
4. Rose
5. Eternatus
Next day:
Leon

There might be another Hop battle somewhere in-between

anjunajake

you were the sun & moon to me
I’m sorry, but a huge chunk of moves also being removed is probably the most hilarious way to rub salt in the wound. Keep that disappointment piling up right up until release day.

There is legitimately no reason to cut most of the non-Z-moves that were removed, and no benefit to anyone - even the developers. Rage? Hidden Power? Flash? Return? Pursuit? At this point, they’re cutting classic content for zero reason. It might not be individually a big deal, but in tandem with Dexit and other changes and limitations, it does zero to help the relatively large portion of the fan base who may not buy.

It’s fine to still be excited about the games - I can see why one might be, if they’ve retained the things you care about most in the series. They look fun, it’s exciting to have a full HD main series game in a new region, some of the new species look nice, and the region and characters seem pretty great. A couple changes, I like even. But it’s... fine to not be excited? To be actively disappointed and concerned? And above all, probably, to be concerned with the misdirection and disregard from Gamefreak. None of this had an official, clear, direct (no pun intended) announcement. We were led to believe that these were being developed “with experienced players in mind.”

I’m disappointed in myself for encouraging this kind of content cutting by supporting LGPE, and through that support, disappointed in myself for helping to propagate the same dismissive, callous attitude I’m seeing toward people who are vocally upset with the cuts. It’s interesting to be on the other side.

I suppose it’s just a strange place to be in, as I was so adamant that none of the concerns people had with LGPE would be relevant come this year. And I was so forceful in that belief, and dismissive to anyone who suggested that limiting species or moves or other things might not be a good sign in the long term for people who disagreed.

Yet, here we are. It’s so interesting that moves are coming up because I specifically argued with people about it, saying there was no reason to believe they’d do anything similar in more traditional games! Guess I kinda had that one coming. :p

Yeah. We all want to enjoy this series, I think, whether we like the changes or not. I’m phenomenally disappointed in them, and Most don’t make sense to me, but people deserve to enjoy the games if they like them so far. I have no animosity to direct at anyone who disagrees or who isn’t concerned with move removal or other changes. We vote with our wallets, really, and whether GameFreak continues in any given direction or changes things will hopefully depend on a sincere desire to make as many people happy as they can.

Thank you for putting this all in a way so many are failing to do.

shadowF

So it goes like this:
1. Marnie
2. Hop
Macro Cosmos (Rose comapany)
3. Oleana

Next day:
0. Bede
1. Nessa
2. Bea/Allister
3. Raihan
4. Rose
5. Eternatus
Next day:
Leon

There might be another Hop battle somewhere in-between

Can you clarify this?
The first part is the challengers who won the gym badges fighting against each other to see who enters the Champions Tournament?
1. Marnie
2. Hop
find out Rose plan and fight
Macro Cosmos (Rose comapany) and Oleana

Then when you win that tournament that had Marnie and Hop, you enter the champions tournament and fight
0. Bede
1. Nessa
2. Bea/Allister
3. Raihan
4. Rose
5. Eternatus

Then when you catch Eternatus you battle Leon for the title?

So its a 3 day event and you can heal your Pokemon every single day?

Also how do you fight Bede? Does he enter the tournament too or does he just battle you randomly since he got disqualified during the main story before the tournament started right?

2dtyplosion

Orbeetle turns into a literal UFO for its gigantamax and it seems you can get it relatively early. I know which giga I'm using for my playthrough.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Can you clarify this?
The first part is the challengers who won the gym badges fighting against each other to see who enters the Champions Tournament?
1. Marnie
2. Hop
find out Rose plan and fight
Macro Cosmos (Rose comapany) and Oleana

Then when you win that tournament that had Marnie and Hop, you enter the champions tournament and fight
0. Bede
1. Nessa
2. Bea/Allister
3. Raihan
4. Rose
5. Eternatus

Then when you catch Eternatus you battle Leon for the title?

So its a 3 day event and you can heal your Pokemon every single day?

Also how do you fight Bede? Does he enter the tournament too or does he just battle you randomly since he got disqualified during the main story before the tournament started right?
Yes, that how it looks. Also not 100% sure if you can heal and change party members between all those fights.

Regarding Bede, he enters as the new Fairy Gym Leader (appointed by Opal) and you fight with him for the spot in the Leader Tournament (hence it's fight 0).

Last edited:

shadowF

Yes, that how it looks. Also not 100% sure if you can heal and change party members between all those fights.

Regarding Bede, he enters as the new Fairy Gym Leader (appointed by Opal) and you fight with him for the spot in the Leader Tournament (hence it's fight 0).

Ok, so it's:

Tournament where we battle other challengers and then another tournament where we battle other gym leaders and the winner faces Leon? Also the leader tournament is four rounds while the challenger tournament is four trainers battling each other? That sounds interesting and harder to be champion lore wise in the Galar region if that's true.