• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Julia Artemis

I wonder how different things would be if previous people came back to be the directors of the games. Interestingly though, Masuda directed the BW games, but also XY, so he must have changed his beliefs in favor of the idea of mobile games at some point for Gen 6. Who knows if the previous directors have changed their beliefs towards that as well.

Just for reference, the directors of what are considered the “best” games were:

Takeshi Kawachimaru (Platinum)

Shigeki Morimoto (Emerald and Heartgold/Soulsilver)

Takao Unno (Black2/White2)

That's a tough call. But I probably have to go with Morimoto since Emerald and HGSS are great but B2W2 is a close second. I wonder why Unno hasn't directed a game since than, it's so good!

DaddyOak

I wonder how different things would be if previous people came back to be the directors of the games. Interestingly though, Masuda directed the BW games, but also XY, so he must have changed his beliefs in favor of the idea of mobile games at some point for Gen 6. Who knows if the previous directors have changed their beliefs towards that as well.

Those are my top 4 mainline pokemon games for sure no questions asked.

I don't think we'll ever get that quality era back though but who knows.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts

ShadowForce720

No new ones

Well actually if I recall the datamines did find spots for 2 new mythical pokemon but the actually new mythical pokemon themselves and any information about them was pretty much not left in the games so we have no way of knowing what they are until Gamefreak decides to official reveal them and launch a update to put them into the games.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Well actually if I recall the datamines did find spots for 2 new mythical pokemon but the actually new mythical pokemon themselves and any information about them was pretty much not left in the games so we have no way of knowing what they are until Gamefreak decides to official reveal them and launch a update to put them into the games.
Oh yea thats true. Thanks. I forgot about that

masterbreeder42

Beast Ball-catching Legend Wiz
I know it may be a bit early to bring this up, buuuut...

I was surprised that the Musketeers were included as being transferrable to SS, but not the Regis. I mean, I expected either both or neither, since they all fit into the 8th Gen's Sword/Shield motif, but jus the sword ones? I found that disappointing, until I noticed something strange on the Serebii main site's list of moves that are unusable in these games. The move Wring Out, learnable by several pokemon in previous games, is completely unusable in Sword/Shield, and yet its physical counterpart Crush Grip, learnable by only one pokemon, is still useable despite said pokemon not even being available. The only conclusion that makes any sense? Assuming it wasn't an uncharacteristic oversight by GameFreak, the Regi's will be making it into 8th Gen, sooner or later. I wonder how, exactly, they plan to do it.... Thoughts?

Also, why the Distortion World would they just make all of those old moves unuseable?!? Sure, besides the Z-moves, most were either unlearnable or useless, but a few were really handy to have! For example, Signal Beam wasn't the strongest move by any measurement, but it was a good one for a number of Electric types, at least. And no more Return? Unconscionable!

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
There seems to be a little flip-flop in that:

Flapple learns Grav Apple, and Appletun learns Apple Acid.

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

Interesting to see someone considers Black 2 and White 2 as their favorite, considering, if I recall correctly, that was the one with the lowest review scores in the west. I suppose things will always be seen differently from the creators' perspective though.

I know it may be a bit early to bring this up, buuuut...

I was surprised that the Musketeers were included as being transferrable to SS, but not the Regis. I mean, I expected either both or neither, since they all fit into the 8th Gen's Sword/Shield motif, but jus the sword ones? I found that disappointing, until I noticed something strange on the Serebii main site's list of moves that are unusable in these games. The move Wring Out, learnable by several pokemon in previous games, is completely unusable in Sword/Shield, and yet its physical counterpart Crush Grip, learnable by only one pokemon, is still useable despite said pokemon not even being available. The only conclusion that makes any sense? Assuming it wasn't an uncharacteristic oversight by GameFreak, the Regi's will be making it into 8th Gen, sooner or later. I wonder how, exactly, they plan to do it.... Thoughts?

Also, why the Distortion World would they just make all of those old moves unuseable?!? Sure, besides the Z-moves, most were either unlearnable or useless, but a few were really handy to have! For example, Signal Beam wasn't the strongest move by any measurement, but it was a good one for a number of Electric types, at least. And no more Return? Unconscionable!

I think, more likely, the team ran out of time and couldn't put all of the moves in. It doesn't benefit anybody to have some of these moves lacking (especially since Vespiquen made it in and not Heal Order, for instance).

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Interesting to see someone considers Black 2 and White 2 as their favorite, considering, if I recall correctly, that was the one with the lowest review scores in the west. I suppose things will always be seen differently from the creators' perspective though.

I’ve often seen them labeled as the pinnacle of Pokémon games due to their large amount of content and great quality, especially as the last games for the DS. It looks like lots of fans describe the DS era as a time when the series released the best games overall. I’ve also been noticing Gen 5 appreciation threads on Reddit recently. There are probably a lot of Gen 5 fans on there, but it’s also that people who are upset about Sword and Shield seem to have gained a lot more appreciation for BW/BW2 for trying many new things for the series.

Pokemon Power

Honestly I'm hoping for a B2W2 like sequels. I feel like leaving Galar so soon will be honestly disappointing. Maybe we can get both Galar sequels and DP remakes. Sort of what 3rd gen had with FRLG and Emerald
DP remakes I can agree with, but since Eternatus, the third legendary, has a role in Sword and Shield's story, I don't think we'll get sequels. Though I would be into two new versions of the Johto adventure.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hi guys, quick question, can we get the gigantimax at the lower stages or is it just the final stages, for instance, can I get a Rookidee that can gigantimax once it evolves into Corviknight or is it only a Corviknight from a raid that can gigantimax??

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

They were criticized a little unfairly in retrospect. It did have some flaws that were rightly critiqued, but the reviewers tried to compare it more to GSC then a traditional sequel, so they docked it for lacking things like new Pokémon even though those things were not promised and shouldn't have been expected. I feel that if it wasn't for that, they would've gotten the typical average scores that Pokémon is known to get.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
Ok so I just finally got my game! I love it so far and just let me say that that little squirrel is way cuter than it looked in the leaked images... I love it!

Acer11

I can't believe no one is talking about the recent Chinese Riddler leak that happened a few days ago, which deals with the upcoming expansions.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I can't believe no one is talking about the recent Chinese Riddler leak that happened a few days ago, which deals with the upcoming expansions.
I’ve been trying to avoid leaks for Gen 8 & try to go into the games as blind as possible, but if something did come out for the expansions give it a few weeks & then Pokétubers will spread it all across the Internet -_-

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Usually it's better to not talk too much about Chinese Riddler or Affleck style leaks until at least a couple of things from it are proven to be true. Keep them in mind for sure, but only get a real discussion going once a bit more info comes out that seems like it ties in with the leak.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Usually it's better to not talk too much about Chinese Riddler or Affleck style leaks until at least a couple of things from it are proven to be true. Keep them in mind for sure, but only get a real discussion going once a bit more info comes out that seems like it ties in with the leak.
I still wouldn't put it past some people like aDrive, Verlisify, or Mudkip Memo to start talking about the Chinese Riddler leaks before that happens though

Plus, we don't really hear stuff like leaks, crackpot game theories, or trivial updates until official news starts to slow down

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I've never liked "riddle" leaks to begin with. Even if they are true you won't know for sure what they mean until the actual info is revealed, which kind of spoils them being spoilers/leaks to begin with.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I've personally choose to not put much faith in most leaks after Rayman for Smash. (Which wasn't a leak.) There is only one leek I put my faith in to, but it's Farfetch'd....