• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

BCVM22

I can't believe no one is talking about the recent Chinese Riddler leak that happened a few days ago, which deals with the upcoming expansions.

Hopefully because the Sword/Shield prerelease period opened up many multiple eyes as to how much rubbish most of that was.

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I've never liked "riddle" leaks to begin with. Even if they are true you won't know for sure what they mean until the actual info is revealed, which kind of spoils them being spoilers/leaks to begin with.

That's precisely the point of "riddle" leaks. Since the meaning is obfuscated, you can connect the dots to make it mean whatever you want it to mean regardless of how the creator intended.

Or, of course, the creator of the leak might not have intended anything at all except to get some attention.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I was only focused on the Affleck leak since that was the most accurate.

I wonder about the credibility of the Riddler these days since his post seemed to just have piggybacked the Affleck leak before him.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Was the riddler leaker the one who leaked SM by posting a pic of Litleo vs Zubat?

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Does anyone have hope we might still see a new eeveelution in upcoming expansion packs? Or a new idea shadow Pokémon.
I’d be doubtful on shadow mons, and in truth I am doubtful on eeveelutions, but I’d be all for a new Eevee. Fighting would fit the Isle of Armor well, and maybe Rock for Crown Tundra. Itd be really cool if they did one for each expansion

Bus

Does anyone have hope we might still see a new eeveelution in upcoming expansion packs? Or a new idea shadow Pokémon.
A new Eevee isn't totally impossible; especially with all the regional variants and evolutions flying around, but I feel like they're probably done with Eevee. It has like 8 different evolutions already. It'd be cool to eventually have one for every type, but if that was their intention, they would have given us more than just Sylveon in X/Y, at least 1 new one in Sun/Moon, and probably a couple more already in Sword/Shield; they wouldn't have waited.

Again, not impossible, but I do feel like they would have already shown or hinted something long ago if they had plans for one.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
A new Eevee isn't totally impossible; especially with all the regional variants and evolutions flying around, but I feel like they're probably done with Eevee. It has like 8 different evolutions already. It'd be cool to eventually have one for every type, but if that was their intention, they would have given us more than just Sylveon in X/Y, at least 1 new one in Sun/Moon, and probably a couple more already in Sword/Shield; they wouldn't have waited.

Again, not impossible, but I do feel like they would have already shown or hinted something long ago if they had plans for one.
I agree. Slyveon was hinted about a month before XY were announced by the one promo sheet showing off new Pokémon merchandise having it blackened out and placed close to Eevee.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.

I feel like they aren't anywhere near done with Eevee yet, the Eeveelutions are very popular and they know that. I'd say that they slowed down the rate of making new Eevee Evos because they don't want to use all it's potential too quick, it's a long game.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。

Yes.

Sword and Shield already sold 16M in two months, now it's time to milk it even more with DLC and popular Pokémon. A new Eeveelution(s) is a perfect way to promote the DLCs, even make its Den only accessible in Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra or evolve it via special item, so people would rather buy it than use the trade feature to get it or its exclusive item.

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I agree. Slyveon was hinted about a month before XY were announced by the one promo sheet showing off new Pokémon merchandise having it blackened out and placed close to Eevee.
They announced it pretty early on in Promotion of X & Y. On 11th February 2013, we first saw it in a magazine leak, with the 14th when we got the first official confirmation of it: https://www.serebii.net/archive/February-2013.shtml This was before we knew of the Fairy typing

I personally doubt they are going to add a new Eeveelution just to be obtainable in the DLC.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I feel like they aren't anywhere near done with Eevee yet, the Eeveelutions are very popular and they know that. I'd say that they slowed down the rate of making new Eevee Evos because they don't want to use all it's potential too quick, it's a long game.
The only new Eevelution types I want are Dragon, Flying, And Poison.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
They announced it pretty early on in Promotion of X & Y. On 11th February 2013, we first saw it in a magazine leak, with the 14th when we got the first official confirmation of it: https://www.serebii.net/archive/February-2013.shtml This was before we knew of the Fairy typing

I personally doubt they are going to add a new Eeveelution just to be obtainable in the DLC.
Leafeon and Glaceon weren't revealed in DP pre-release though.

HappyHawlucha

2 rumours have stated a trailer tomorrow, but with conflicting contents, so who knows more details may be closer than we think...

BCVM22

The inherent non-value of rumors aside (I'm sure people start rumors of "new trailers" weekly, usually to little effect) the point is that to say "there's still so much we don't know" about a product that hasn't been released yet - and for which we have already gotten two trailers - is to miss the point somewhat. Of course there's a lot we don't know about something we don't have yet.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
For this next trailer, be it tomorrow, or much later, what do you all want to see next? For me I want to see more Galarian forms and get info on restricted sparring. Any old Pokémon returning that we don’t know about is good too

G-SANtos

The inherent non-value of rumors aside (I'm sure people start rumors of "new trailers" weekly, usually to little effect) the point is that to say "there's still so much we don't know" about a product that hasn't been released yet - and for which we have already gotten two trailers - is to miss the point somewhat. Of course there's a lot we don't know about something we don't have yet.
The thing is, there's a privated video on the official YouTube page. Here's a video talking about it.

As MudkipMemo says, it could be nothing important, as the Play Pokémon playlist is about competitive, but there being a privated trailer on that playlist at all is weird, according to him.
Maybe we're getting a trailer about Restricted Sparring this week? Or about some new thing on Isle of Armor that will affect competitive play?

A lot of alleged leakers were talking about a trailer on May 7 since at least the month started. Now we have a privated video. Maybe one of them was an actual leak.

BCVM22

Maybe one of them was an actual leak.

And maybe none of them are. How many "leaks" during the pre-release period of Sword and Shield were proven to be complete bunk on a weekly basis, only for people to go "okay but MAYBE" about the next round of hogwash the very next day? There's no argument that will get me to put value in a medium built largely upon people overanalyzing or fabricating completely in the name of clicks and views. None. Particularly when nothing of value is gained the one time out of every twenty where someone did have a scoop resembling the eventual information. There's no line to get in, no seat to save. We'll get what we get when we get it - maybe that's tomorrow (today) and maybe it isn't - but regardless of when that is, it will have nothing to do with someone's YouTube video titled "PRIVATED TRAILER?!"

I am not saying we will get no further trailers. At no point did I say that. What I did say is that we aren't missing anything we're guaranteed to be due, in the sense that to say "there's so much we don't know" about a product for which we have gotten two trailers and that we don't have yet is stating the obvious and missing the point. Of course there's so much we don't know. Because we haven't played it yet.

I've listed what we do know and if it were to transpire that that precise list ended up all we ended up knowing prior to the eventual (and hopefully nearby) release of the Isle of Armor, it wouldn't be any kind of abnormal situation. That's my point. There isn't "so much we don't know" to any abnormal degree.

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
The thing is, there's a privated video on the official YouTube page. Here's a video talking about it.

As MudkipMemo says, it could be nothing important, as the Play Pokémon playlist is about competitive, but there being a privated trailer on that playlist at all is weird, according to him.
Maybe we're getting a trailer about Restricted Sparring this week? Or about some new thing on Isle of Armor that will affect competitive play?

A lot of alleged leakers were talking about a trailer on May 7 since at least the month started. Now we have a privated video. Maybe one of them was an actual leak.

Not only that, but these "leaks" and rumors floating about have done more harm than good. That thumbnail above, for instance, shows a more advanced Kabutops and is passing it off as real. Now, because of that, some people are going to see it and like it, and they'll expect Galarian Kabutops or a Kabutops evolution for Isle of Armor. And when they don't get one, they'll get upset that it wasn't there when it was created by a fan to begin with.

These people are poisoning the fanbase further just to get 30 seconds of fame.