• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
For this next trailer, be it tomorrow, or much later, what do you all want to see next? For me I want to see more Galarian forms and get info on restricted sparring. Any old Pokémon returning that we don’t know about is good too
The main things I'm interested in seeing at this point are a full reveal of Galarian Slowbro and a few more returning old Pokemon so I can do some team-building. I'm hoping for some good Grass-types like Lilligant or Lurantis

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Not only that, but these "leaks" and rumors floating about have done more harm than good. That thumbnail above, for instance, shows a more advanced Kabutops and is passing it off as real. Now, because of that, some people are going to see it and like it, and they'll expect Galarian Kabutops or a Kabutops evolution for Isle of Armor. And when they don't get one, they'll get upset that it wasn't there when it was created by a fan to begin with.

These people are poisoning the fanbase further just to get 30 seconds of fame.
While I do agree with your stance on these fake leaks being more harmful, I don't think it's fair to blame the fan who created the art for others' disappointment. For one, it's unfortunately common for artists to have their work stolen just to be used as enticing clickbait.

And for those who do make it with the intent to troll, I'd say it's more of the viewers to think for themselves especially when it comes to the credibility and history of the PokéTubers.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
While I do agree with your stance on these fake leaks being more harmful, I don't think it's fair to blame the fan who created the art for others' disappointment. For one, it's unfortunately common for artists to have their work stolen just to be used as enticing clickbait.

And for those who do make it with the intent to troll, I'd say it's more of the viewers to think for themselves especially when it comes to the credibility and history of the PokéTubers.
Been thinking this myself for awhile. It’s on you if you put your heart into some random stranger on the internet’s word. Fact is, it’s 4chan where most of these come from. I can go on there right now and post that Isle of Armor will give us Galarian forms for Johto starters and a new evolution to Mewtwo.

people on the internet can be malicious. Don’t trust everything you see. If you do and it fails you, that’s on you.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Knowing the standard time any Pokemon Trailers release I guess that if Today will be one it will be between 1-2 hours from now.
We had unannounced ones in the past so let's see. Maybe any of the rumors were true...

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The only leak/rumor I really think is true is the Pokémon Home Datamine showing non Galar-Dex pokémon with updated movesets, and even then I can't completely believe it because
  1. The games aren't out yet and we haven't had a new trailer in ages, so we can't possibly know for sure
  2. The datamine doesn't specify which pokémon will be featured in the Isle of Armor, & which ones will be featured in the Crown Tundra
  3. It doesn't give any sort of hints to which pokémon are getting Galarian forms, even for the ones that have already been confirmed to get them like the Slowpoke line or the legendary birds
  4. Just because these pokémon have been given new movesets, doesn't 100% confirm they'll be in the games
As for other leaks, I try to avoid YouTubers like RuffledRowlit, Mudkip Memo, & aDrive since they keep churning out hard to believe leaks & rumors week after week (most likely to stay relevant and keep up with the YouTube algorithm). Unless a leak comes straight from the games' code, I try not to believe any kind of reveal or rumor videos and just wait for the next official trailer to come out, otherwise it'll just give me ridiculous expectations & enjoy the game less.

Last edited:

Pikachu111213

Traveler
The only leak/rumor I really think is true is the Pokémon Home Datamine showing non Galar-Dex pokémon with updated movesets, and even then I can't completely believe it because
  1. The games aren't out yet and we haven't had new trailer in ages, so we can't possibly know
  2. The datamine doesn't specify which pokémon will be featured in the Isle of Armor, & which ones will be featured in the Crown Tundra
As for other leaks, I try to avoid YouTubers like RuffledRowlit, Mudkip Memo, & aDrive since they keep churning out hard to believe leaks & rumors week after week. Unless a leak comes straight from the games' code, I try not to believe any kind of reveal or rumor videos and just wait for the next official trailer to come out, otherwise it'll just give me ridiculous expectations & enjoy the game less.
Interestingly enough a post was made on 4chan the other day with a list of “returning mons” I ran through it and each one on the list did get an updated move in the Home datamine. Could be nothing but it was interesting

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

Oh yes, I have much respect for tose who make up their own Pokémon as long as they make it obvious it's their own and not real. What I refer to are videos like these designed to mislead and the people who make and upload these videos. The layout of that thumbnail, for instance, makes it look like that's real, like it's some information in the hidden trailer the uploader managed to get a peek into.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Moving this on up for speculation on DLC, to keep it separate from official news.

Moved any rumor and spec talk over to this thread.

Last edited:

G-SANtos

Here's a rumor I saw on a YouTube video a month ago, that I found weird, and I'll explain why. I can't remember which YouTuber talked about it, but I think it was MudkipMemo. Original post: https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/42941619/

tester for nintendo, testing the new DLC for Sword and Shield atm, it will be announced at the direct next week on wednesday or thursday. here's what I got.

found dens with returning pokemon (fletchinder, slakoth, rockruff)

urshufu is a new pokemon, but not sure when you get it, we've only been told about it

returning gym leaders (mallow, falkner)

intelleon, rillaboom, cinderace gigantamax

galarian jynx with new evolution

pokemon can follow you in new dojos

our starter for the dlc is a fighting type

poison type eeveelution used by new rival

All I have for now, might have more, see ya soon.

-SilphcoMan
This rumor is weird for the following reason: It was posted on March 3, but if talks about the DLC as if it hasn't been announced yet. If it were posted on January 3, the "direct next week on wednesday or thursday" would line up with the date we got the Pokémon Direct on. If this leak is true, all I can think of is that the date bugged on archival, or somehow the leaker being unaware of the DLC already being announced. The latter might be possible, as the leaker referring to Mallow as a "Gym Leader" makes me think they're not much of a fan, but the mention of a "direct next week" is what gets me.
I find it hard to think a fake leaker would intentionally make a post worded on such a way, despite being unable to fake a post date. A fake "deleted post screenshot" would make more sense.

Anyway, here are my thoughts.
The leak mentions Fletchinder, Rockruff, and Slakoth as returning Pokémon. The first two are confirmed from the trailer, but we know nothing about Slakoth.
The leaker mentions Urshifu, but mispells it as "Urshufu". They are allegedly unaware of how to obtain Urshifu, which might include not knowing it evolves from Kubfu, as the two are mentioned far apart from each other, or maybe not even knowing what it looks like.
Considering the base game had no returning characters at all, I think it makes sense for the DLC to have old characters show up.

Mentioning Galarian Jynx. If fake, could be piggybacking on the cry found in Home.
Meanwhile, no mention of Galarian Slowpoke or Slowbro at all, despite it getting focused on in both DLC trailers (and Slowpoke seems to even have a cutscene in the game) and pretty much every fake leak ever at least talking something about Galarian Slowbro. This oddity, in my opinion, gives some credibility to this leak.

Pokémon can follow you in new dojos? This point seems weird. We have only seen one dojo so far, unless the leaker is talking about the towers. In which case, it feels weird for the leaker to be unaware of Urshifu if he has already entered it, and I'm pretty sure anyone faking this would make a connection between the Urshifu forms and the towers. It was obvious even before the official reveal, with all that red and blue and Kubfu's face on them.
Though, it's possible you can revisit the towers with different Pokémon. I mean, having two battle facilities that you can only visit once (and on top of that you have to choose!) would be weird.
It's also weird that the leaker wouldn't know about Urshifu if they are already able to enter the tower with non-Kubfu Pokémon. But maybe that's just for testing purposes.

"our starter for the dlc is a fighting type". The way Kubfu is described is like the leaker has no idea of how important it is. Like, Kubfu is not even named here! And like I already said, the leaker doesn't even seem to be aware it evolves into Urshifu.
But the comparison to a Starter makes me think some things. Kubfu, basically a Starter, that is the center of the story, evolves into the DLC mascot, and potentially follows the player inside the Towers. Isn't it kinda similar to Pikachu in Yellow? The only Starter, who is the game's mascot, and follows you everywhere. This might be why the Isle of Armor's logo is yellow despite it being the least prominent color on Urshifu's body.

"poison type eeveelution used by new rival". This suggests leaker is playing Sword. Maybe they aren't even aware the Rival depends on the version. But anyway, they claim there's a Poison Eeveelution coming. On one hand, I find it weird that Klara would have a new Eeveelution while Avery wouldn't be able to due to his type specialty. But on the other hand, Dexio and Sina also use Eeveelutions that are not counterparts: Espeon and Glaceon.

One thing that makes me believe a Poison Eeveelution is possible for the DLC, is Galarian Slowbro. While we don't know for certain what type Galarian Slowbro will be, almost everyone seems to believe it's going to be Psychic/Poison, specially because Galarian Slowpoke learns Acid and was introduced with Klara and Avery. Galarian Slowbro being Psychic/Poison would allow for both of them to have one.
And also, we Galarian Slowpoke evolves into Slowbro with an item. Maybe... Eevee also evolves with the same item? There's not much that goes for this theory, as evolution items tend to be exclusive to a single Pokémon. King's Rock works for two, and Metal Coat works for two, but other than that, every single evolution item is exclusive to a single Pokémon.

That is, except for evolution stones. The evolution stones actually lean the other way: No evolution stone is exclusive to a single Pokémon. Ever. Every time a new evolution stone is introduced, there's always at least two Pokémon that can use it. None of them has even been exclusive, and probably never will. (By the way, despite its name, the Oval Stone is not an evolution stone, at least according to Bulbapedia.)
We don't know what kind of item will be used to evolve Slowpoke. With all the lore about Galarica spice, it could be some kind of plant item. But, if it's an evolution stone, something like "Toxic Stone", every precedent implies at least one other Pokémon can use it, and that could be Eevee.

Also, it might mean nothing, but one thing that I remember being pointed out in a discussion on another website, is that Leafeon and Sylveon are the only Eeveelutions with Pokédex entries that mention Galarian culture. On that discussion, they were saying this could be a hint about new Eeveelutions of types that have some relation to Grass and Fairy. Poison is strong against Grass, so there's that. Well, it also beats Fairy, but the Pokédex mentions a fairy tale where Sylveon defeats a dragon.
But yeah, I think we'll get a Poison Eeveelution in the Isle of Armor, and another Eeveelution in the Crown Tundra.

And finally, the absence of any Crown Tundra stuff puts this post above any other post that tries to pass itself as being a leak.
Overall, I find this post weird because of the date on the time stamp, and how clueless the leaker seems to be about stuff that anyone paying attention to the news would know. I have to say, I'm leaning towards believing it. The Affleck leak also seemed weird, had some typos and mistakes (Opal being the first Fairy Gym, and Zacian and Zamazenta being apparently the same Pokémon), and was ignored when it was posted.

What do you think?

On a completely unrelated note, with Kubfu being basically a Starter, it makes me wonder if there will have new Starters for the Crown Tundra. It would be a perfect chance to have something like Fighting-Psychic-Dark trio of Starters. After all, the Grass-Fire-Water is only because it's the easiest to understand for new players, and thus they'll always be the first Pokémon. But anything received in the Crown Tundra, is automatically not going to be the player's first Pokémon, and so doesn't really need to follow that rule. Honestly, I think DLC offers a good opportunity to explore alternate Starter types.

Not only that, but these "leaks" and rumors floating about have done more harm than good. That thumbnail above, for instance, shows a more advanced Kabutops and is passing it off as real. Now, because of that, some people are going to see it and like it, and they'll expect Galarian Kabutops or a Kabutops evolution for Isle of Armor. And when they don't get one, they'll get upset that it wasn't there when it was created by a fan to begin with.

These people are poisoning the fanbase further just to get 30 seconds of fame.
What? That image is not being used to pass off as real, it's being used to illustrate something talked about in the video. What kind of person wouldn't know that is fan art?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
What? That image is not being used to pass off as real, it's being used to illustrate something talked about in the video. What kind of person wouldn't know that is fan art?

It has the same inking and shading style as the official art and is fairly close to the various styles of the official Pokémon designers. It is most definitely an instance of clickbait to get people's hopes up that Kabutops might get something for Isle of Armor, considering everything else used in the thumbnail IS official material (besides the text).

You don't have to look any further than on this very site, this very topic, to see supposed leaks with fake Pokémon that people believed to be real, then got disappointed when the actual game didn't have them, no matter how obvious it wasor how outlandish the concept. A Nuckelavee Pokémon seemed to gain a particularly large amount of traction, even though I'm sure most of these people demanding one didn't even know what a Nuckelavee is until they read the "leaks."

Pikachu111213

Traveler
So with Aurorus confirmed for Crown Tundra, and every fossil aside from Sinnoh getting an updated set from the Home datamine, I’d love to see a place in Crown Tundra where fossils are still alive and roaming. I think kind of like that place in the Lucario and the Mystery of Mew movie, inside the tree where the fossils lived. Either that or I guess another fossil reviver will be there. Either way, I’d love to see the genuine forms of the Galar fossils

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
So with Aurorus confirmed for Crown Tundra, and every fossil aside from Sinnoh getting an updated set from the Home datamine, I’d love to see a place in Crown Tundra where fossils are still alive and roaming. I think kind of like that place in the Lucario and the Mystery of Mew movie, inside the tree where the fossils lived. Either that or I guess another fossil reviver will be there. Either way, I’d love to see the genuine forms of the Galar fossils
That would be really cool. To be able to see them out in the wild would be pretty fun.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Also—on a more random note, I could use some help with team planning for the DLC. So I want to use a Squirtle and eventually switch it out for Gmax Blastoise. But since Blastoise’s Gmax won’t set up Rain, should I get a Torrent one? Or stick with rain dish?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Also—on a more random note, I could use some help with team planning for the DLC. So I want to use a Squirtle and eventually switch it out for Gmax Blastoise. But since Blastoise’s Gmax won’t set up Rain, should I get a Torrent one? Or stick with rain dish?
I think that should be your own personal choice depending on how you want to use GMax Blastoise and if it will be one of your main Pokémon.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

It really depends on the rest of your team and how much they'll gain or lose from being able to set up rain. It's like with Gigantamax Charizard versus regular Dynamax Charizard, which I've noticed is based primarily on whether or not there already is a sunlight-setter on the team.

Bear in mind, also, that you won't always get the chance to Dynamax or Gigantamax Blastoise. Oftentimes, you'll find some other Pokémon as a better choice for the battle, and it all depends on the opponent's actions. For that reason, it's also important that the rest of your team can function without Blastoise being able to Dynamax or Gigantamax.

All in all, you cannot think of your future team as six Pokémon in isolation with each other. Your team will be better if you figure out each Pokémon's roles to cover for each other. Even for single battling, a small amount of synergy can go a long way.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I'll admit I've probably jumped the gun a bit and started a new playthrough of Sword with a team idea based around the assumption that Galarian Slowpoke will evolve into a Psychic/Poison-type Galarian Slowbro, which it may not, but I still kind of think it will. I can picture both Klara and Avery having Galarian Slowbro on their teams, if it is Psychic/Poison it would fit well with both of them, I'm thinking the little scene where you catch Slowpoke in the Wedgehurst train station inspires Klara/Avery to catch one of their own and train it up into Slowbro? I also have a feeling that the Isle of Armour's returning old Pokemon will have a good number of both Poison and Psychic-types to fill out Klara and Avery's teams (it would be a bit dull if their teams were mostly just things you can catch on mainland Galar).

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
For my Sword team, the only pokemon I have planned for now are Rapid Strike Urshifu, Galarian Slowbro, and Dusk Form Lycanroc. I originally wanted to get the Single Strike form, but I think Rapid Strike would work better since it could count as my Water type starter and since it feels like the opposite of most of my pokemon (ones based on speed, bulk and power, also mostly Fire types), it works with the Isle of Armor's theme of growth. I have that I rarely used since the Galar League that I've been waiting to train once the DLC comes out, and while Slowking may end up being a powerful pokemon, I'm going to take a chance and try out Slowbro instead. As for Lycanroc, I never got the chance to fully use the Dusk form in USUM, so this would be a good chance to make up for it.

While I'm not sure who I'd use for the rest of my team yet, I know my reserves would include G-Max Cinderace, and at least several Water types with different specialties.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

For my Sword team, the only pokemon I have planned for now are Rapid Strike Urshifu, Galarian Slowbro, and Dusk Form Lycanroc. I originally wanted to get the Single Strike form, but I think Rapid Strike would work better since it could count as my Water type starter and since it feels like the opposite of most of my pokemon (ones based on speed, bulk and power, also mostly Fire types), it works with the Isle of Armor's theme of growth. I have that I rarely used since the Galar League that I've been waiting to train once the DLC comes out, and while Slowking may end up being a powerful pokemon, I'm going to take a chance and try out Slowbro instead. As for Lycanroc, I never got the chance to fully use the Dusk form in USUM, so this would be a good chance to make up for it.

While I'm not sure who I'd use for the rest of my team yet, I know my reserves would include G-Max Cinderace, and at least three other Water types with different specialties.

Just pointing this out in case you don’t know but Galarian Slowking is not coming out in the Isle of Armor DLC, as it’s not going to be available until Crown Tundra in late 2020. So while Galarian Slowpoke and Galarian Slowbro are in the Isle of Armor, when it comes to Galarian Slowking even if you want to try it out you will have to wait until Crown Tundra.

Last edited: