• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Carkol

Joke: what if Calyrex's bst is 600 instead of 680, then should it still be considered the "King" pokemon of Galar? XD.

ShadowForce720

I don't get people who use this logic. A D/P remake will come in the fall. As in Nov. around Thanksgiving. Like it did with US/UM or OR/AS. That's Nov. 2021.

Which begs the question, can there be a DLC for summer 2021?

We already know there's a team led by someone that works on the DLC. GameFreak doesn't have 100% of their staff work on 1 project at a time.

What dex leak? It's probably fake. The only true thing is the datamines for IOA. There's no datamines for Crown Tundra yet.

No, there are some actual datamines of Crown Tundra because when Gamefreak added all the Isle of Armor Stuff they also coded in some of the Crown Tundra stuff. So we do actually know which Pokémon will be returning.

It’s just right now the datamines aren’t able to find out every single thing about Crown Tundra because only part of it was coded in while the rest of the Crown Tundra information still needs to be coded in.

Carkol

No, there are some actual datamines of Crown Tundra because when Gamefreak added all the Isle of Armor Stuff they also coded in some of the Crown Tundra stuff. So we do actually know which Pokémon will be returning.

It’s just right now the datamines aren’t able to find out every single thing about Crown Tundra because only part of it was coded in while the rest of the Crown Tundra information still needs to be coded in.
Yea I know, but weird, I don't equate the leaked dex list with datamines. I believe that IOA datamine expanded the national pokedex number to 898, but did not include a CT pokedex.

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
Yea I know, but weird, I don't equate the leaked dex list with datamines. I believe that IOA datamine expanded the national pokedex number to 898, but did not include a CT pokedex.

When they removed certain Pokemon from the dex in the base game, some dex entries were "deleted", with numbers associated to them but no Pokemon names od dex entries, while some were completely missing. When IoA was released, every Pokemon brought back was in the "deleted" group, not in the completely missing group, so it should be safe to assume that the remaining Pokemon in the "deleted" group would be brought back. The dex leak people are referring to is the rest of the "deleted" entries. It gains some credibility because every Pokemon that is currently known to be coming back in CT is in the "deleted" list, not the completely cleared list.

At least this is what I can glean from the tweets on the subject.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Regarding the dex leak conversation, I remember seeing a page of the Pokémon the Pokémon that would be returning to both IoA and CT somewhere on the main site. But anyway I couldn’t find it so I looked up the leak and I noticed that it‘s about the same as what I remember seeing on the main site, Pokémon like the nido family, spheal line, gible line, zubat line and others are on it. But I noticed the trailer had Dragonite and it wasn’t on the leak list. Does that mean it was not a complete list of returning Pokémon? Or was it a mistake on the websites part that had the list?

EDIT: looked up the data mine list on Reddit and found one that includes dragonite’s family and others that weren’t on the first one I found. Including bagon line, beldum line, carbink, and a few others.

BCVM22

The most important thing to remember about datamines - especially when the data mined isn’t even from the actual software in question - is that they lack context. We’re literally trying to make sense of lines of code.

The people smart enough to find that data are usually smart enough to have some idea how to interpret it and what it might or might not mean, but even with that, a datamine on its own will never tell us the full story. It’s like trying to learn the contents of a whole room just by peering through the keyhole - we are, at best, getting a single narrow snapshot of certain elements. So the Pokédex of The Crown Tundra, the presence and the nature of the ostensible horse Legendaries and their relationship to Calyrex, all of that, we know maybe a small part of all of that right now. It’s important that we not assume we have the full story solely from the CT data found in IoA.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
From what i heard, Crown Tundra has ALL the fossils except for the Cranidos and Shieldon lines?
Perhaps another hint towards DP remakes? Leaving out those two lines seems very suspicious if it is true and every other Fossil is available.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
But DP box legendaries are available in CT... Unless Dialga, Palkia and Giratina gets an exclusive gimmick similar to Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza in ORAS, I think that's still possible?
Quite possible that they get something similar to G-Max. Whatever is in store for those three, you have to admit that the omission of the DP Fossils from CT is very suspicious if the rumors are true.

BCVM22

Quite possible that they get something similar to G-Max. Whatever is in store for those three, you have to admit that the omission of the DP Fossils from CT is very suspicious if the rumors are true.

It's only suspicious if one doesn't believe Sinnoh remakes aren't coming eventually, and as we've gotten Kanto remakes (twice-ish), Johto remakes, and Hoenn remakes, it seems like a logical inevitability at some point, no?

And to that end, if those are our next games, they're still a year away at minimum. For a game coming out likely no earlier than Fall 2021, it doesn't make a ton of difference what Pokémon are being added as DLC to a game in October 2020.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I hear you but I feel like they could hype up crown tundra long enough to announce the next series games by springtime 2021 with an early fall or late summer release date. Unless they’re still doing the March/November releases which from what I remember have been standard for.. a long time now right?

Golden_Arcanine

I hear you but I feel like they could hype up crown tundra long enough to announce the next series games by springtime 2021 with an early fall or late summer release date. Unless they’re still doing the March/November releases which from what I remember have been standard for.. a long time now right?

I'd imagine that the next mainline game won't come until Fall '21, which means you'll get an announcement in early 2021. Maybe late 2020, but I'm not expecting it.

ShadowForce720

I'd imagine that the next mainline game won't come until Fall '21, which means you'll get an announcement in early 2021. Maybe late 2020, but I'm not expecting it.

Actually presuming the next main series games comes out November 2021, then it most likely wouldn’t be announced until May or June 2021 unless it’s a new generation.

Now if the game is coming out in September 2021 then it could be announced in March or April 2021.

Bus

New console and people irritated with the outcome of Gen 8, I think they'd be forgiven if the gap was 4 or 5 years this time around....so long as we got Gen 4 remakes sometime in between.