• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Dared3v0

Just have fun
I dont think they will do a remake or even a new mainline game until next year like around this time because despite the consensus on the IOA the dlc sold really well so they will probably keep making dlc until all the pokemon are in the game and keep making G. Forms for certain ones

Golden_Arcanine

I dont think they will do a remake or even a new mainline game until next year like around this time because despite the consensus on the IOA the dlc sold really well so they will probably keep making dlc until all the pokemon are in the game and keep making G. Forms for certain ones

I mean, I could see one more DLC max.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Ppl realize that a Zygarde Complete form that Dynamaxes is gonna be insane and hard to beat?
Wouldn't white Kyurem be the Best counter? Or our boy Togekiss?

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I have a quick question. This might have been answered already, but I can't seem to find it. How much space does the expansion pass currently take on the hard drive? I'm not asking how much it will eventually take, since I'm getting a bigger SD Card next month. But how much space does it take right now?

Edit: Ok, never mind. I just got the answer... Well played, GameFreak... Well played... They're a bit more cunning than I gave them credit for.

Last edited:

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
I’m wanting to use a sceptile but don’t really know the set to run. :/ not a lot of special options for that one

Strong Grass, Dragon, fighting, reliable grass isn't horrible coverage, though I bred a shiny one in Sun with HP Fire IVs just in case hidden power makes a return with the same mechanics.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Strong Grass, Dragon, fighting, reliable grass isn't horrible coverage, though I bred a shiny one in Sun with HP Fire IVs just in case hidden power makes a return with the same mechanics.
Yeah, I just fear running Focus Blast prob more then I should (bad luck follows me haha). I just wish it had a few more options. Would love if Hidden Power came back for it. Other than that I wish it got some more special moves...Earth Power or Aura Sphere would be nice. While not special, id also want him to get U-Turn...

Zmagoslav

Hey does anyone else think that map above sonia's bed is the map to the crown tundra
No, it's a map of the lower part of the wild area.

From the leaks thus far we know that the crown tundra is right below galar; it almost looks like the connecting point is at Leon's house.

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Aside from the horses, Calyrex formes and Galarian/Gigantamax Jynx, should we expect something more? Are Gigantamax Hoenn starters possible (not that I want to but they're franchise faves?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Aside from the horses, Calyrex formes and Galarian/Gigantamax Jynx, should we expect something more? Are Gigantamax Hoenn starters possible (not that I want to but they're franchise faves?
Galarian/Gigantamax Jynx was seen in the datamine?

ShadowForce720

Galarian/Gigantamax Jynx was seen in the datamine?

No, a Galarian/Gigantamax Jynx hasn’t been uncovered in the datamine. However it’s important to note that not all of the information/data on the Crown Tundra was added when Isle of Armor came out.

Basically with the current datamines the data miners were unable to find anything out about the Galarian birds and Galarian Slowking as the information for them hasn’t been added yet.

So it is technically possible that there could be more Galarian Forms and Gigantamaxs that we just don’t know about yet that just hasn’t been added in yet.

Once Crown Tundra officially comes out, the data miners will then be able to datamine every thing from it and find out all the information about it.

Carkol

Here's a Gen 9 request: that for pokemon with a 4x Steath Rock weakness, that if you transfer in at 50% HP, you're guaranteed 1 HP left.

-

Btw, does anyone think the next (or last) mythical pokemon for Gen 8 will be a double-elemented pokemon where the the 2nd element is super-effective against the 1st?

When Gen 6 ended with Volcanion, a Fire/Water type, I seriously thought GameFreak was making a pattern.

Well Gen 7 initially ended with Fighting/Ghost type (and this is before we found out more pokemon by national dex will be added). Although Ghost is not super-effective against Fighting, it's immune against it. So close enough.

So I hope the pattern continues for the next mythicals. Perhaps a Grass/Fire, I would be happy and disappointed at the same time. I really want a Grass/Fire type, but not in the form of a mythical, preferably in the form of a 3-stage evolution. But it seems GF designates certain element-combos as mythical or legendary-only, in that case, I'll take a Grass/Fire type.

Another possibility is Ice/Fire type, because we don't have a true Ice/Fire type. I think the current Ice/Fire guarantees a death at Stealth Rock, unless GF implements a 1-HP survival for 50% HP, that'd be dope.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well. Guess I need to get ready for the crown tundra.

Gonna try and find someone with a specific Absol. I wanna go through the DLC with Absol.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Do we know if ability patch can be used on a pokemon that already has its HA? To revert it back to a normal ability.

I really wonder how the mechanics will work. For example if the answer is yes, I wonder if we’d be able to use an ability capsule afterward to change its standard ability from one to the other.