• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Do we know if ability patch can be used on a pokemon that already has its HA? To revert it back to a normal ability.

I really wonder how the mechanics will work. For example if the answer is yes, I wonder if we’d be able to use an ability capsule afterward to change its standard ability from one to the other.
According to datamines,
no.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Looks to me a lot like a "compass".
They used to print these on maps to show which direction are north, south, west and east.

Apparently i cannot post pictures or links yet, but try googling for "map compas".
I think I remember seeing compasses on old maps. It just looks like some icy island in that pic because of the angle and how blurred.

Whoa, who else..?
Nothing else was leaked through Home this way other than some learnsets.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
As of right now, I can see one of four possibilities happening after the Crown Tundra
  1. More DLC content
  2. Sinnoh remakes
  3. Nothing
  4. Something entirely new & unexpected

Marzbar

Why are people using spoiler tags in a rumour and speculation spoiler thread...

I just want to know if we’re getting Ultra Beasts. I think we need them to balance out the influx of legendaries and Tapus we’re about to get. And some previously unpopular UB’s like Guzzlord and Buzzwole might actually be usable when Dynamaxed, which I’m keen to experiment with

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Here's a Gen 9 request: that for pokemon with a 4x Steath Rock weakness, that if you transfer in at 50% HP, you're guaranteed 1 HP left.

Stealth Rock isn't really that big of a thing in Ranked at the moment though, not even in single battles at the higher tiers. It's only rampant in unofficial formats that use full teams.

This generation got a bone thrown with the Heavy-Duty Boots, however.

As of right now, I can see one of four possibilities happening after the Crown Tundra
  1. More DLC content
  2. Sinnoh remakes
  3. Nothing
To be fair, there isn't much that can possibly happen that won't fall into one of the above four categories...

Why are people using spoiler tags in a rumour and speculation spoiler thread...

I just want to know if we’re getting Ultra Beasts. I think we need them to balance out the influx of legendaries and Tapus we’re about to get. And some previously unpopular UB’s like Guzzlord and Buzzwole might actually be usable when Dynamaxed, which I’m keen to experiment with

Because some people want to know some things and not others. As for your question, the datamine says...

Yes, all of the Ultra Beasts are returning.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
This generation got a bone thrown with the Heavy-Duty Boots, however.

Hey, but that's still an item slot wasted to prevent something that may or may not happen.

Akashin

I just find it odd that Pokémon with no feet can still use the Boots

Items haven't been restricted by physiology up until now, so why would they suddenly care about that with the boots? Realistically a pair of protective boots shouldn't do anything about floating rocks regardless of whether the Pokemon has feet or not, but here we are.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
  1. More DLC content
  2. Sinnoh remakes
  3. Nothing

I can see the following happen:
- 1. Nothing happens.
- 2. Followed by Sinnoh Remakes.
- 3. Followed by more DLC-content for those remakes.
- 4. Followed by something entirely new & unexpected (Pokémon Ranger-remake).

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Items haven't been restricted by physiology up until now, so why would they suddenly care about that with the boots? Realistically a pair of protective boots shouldn't do anything about floating rocks regardless of whether the Pokemon has feet or not, but here we are.
It’s just an odd image to imagine a Feebas wearing a pair of boots. I get that items can be used no matter which Pokémon uses them but some do produce insane mental images.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Wasn't this cry already present in Gen 6 or 7 and people speculate it's leftover data for a form they dropped?
It appears to be something new. The cry was never heard before the Home leak and it definitely wasn’t leftover data from the past two Gens like Eternal Floette. No one had ever heard this altered Jynx cry before and the Gen VI and VII games were heavily datamined and leaked.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
It appears to be something new. The cry was never heard before the Home leak and it definitely wasn’t leftover data from the past two Gens like Eternal Floette. No one had ever heard this altered Jynx cry before and the Gen VI and VII games were heavily datamined and leaked.

Oops, you are right! What lead me to remember wrongly that is was leftover data was the fact that the reverb on the cry is the same as the reverb on Mega Evolutions and that Jynx was trademarked along with a bunch of actual Mega Evolutions for gen 6, according to this.