• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
While I don't want to set myself up for failure, I am really hoping Regigigas gets SOMETHING this DLC, especially since they are revisiting the Regis.

Honestly, I'm hoping Regidrago gets a Gigantamax form, so we can possibly see how it would look completed.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
While I don't want to set myself up for failure, I am really hoping Regigigas gets SOMETHING this DLC, especially since they are revisiting the Regis.

The HOME datamine shows Protect has been added to its moves, so I guess that's something. Also gets Body Press so you can have a move that doesn't rely on the lowered Attack stat in the meantime.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m hoping Gigas will get a G-Max form too with its G-Max move causing widespread damage and drastically causes a Speed Drop explained by Regigigas throwing a devastating punch that creates holes in the ground from the shockwave of the hit causing moving around the field rather difficult.

Akashin

I’m hoping Gigas will get a G-Max form too with its G-Max move causing widespread damage and drastically causes a Speed Drop explained by Regigigas throwing a devastating punch that creates holes in the ground from the shockwave of the hit causing moving around the field rather difficult.

I'd love a G-Max Regigigas whose G-Max Move uses that energy to restore its own energy and end the effect of Slow Start, personally.

D

Deleted member 384931

From all the legendary pokemon, I wonder why they chose them

ShadowForce720

But I thought Slow Start was one of the Abilities that couldn’t be turned off or switched,

no, Slow Start can be suppress and/or changed. I don’t think there is any ability that can’t be changed or suppress.Mainly when it comes to abilities there are some specific ones that only specific mons can have, that other mons can’t acquire.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
no, Slow Start can be suppress and/or changed. I don’t think there is any ability that can’t be changed or suppress.Mainly when it comes to abilities there are some specific ones that only specific mons can have, that other mons can’t acquire.

There are, in fact Abilities that can't be changed or suppressed, not even with Neutralizing Gas. In Pokémon Sword and Shield, nothing can be done to prevent Zacian's Intrepid Sword, Zamazenta's Intrepid Shield, Silvally's RKS System (though Magic Room causes Multi Attack to always be Normal-type), Wishiwashi's Schooling, Aegislash's Stance Change, Cramorant's Gulp Missile, Eiscue's Ice Face, Mimikyu's Disguise, Morpeko's Hunger Switch, or Darmanitan's Zen Mode from taking effect (though Mold Breaker and similar Abilities can break through Ice Face and Disguise). In addition, Neutralizing Gas can't suppress another Pokémon's Neutralizing Gas, though Neutralizing Gas itself can be transferred or suppressed with moves. Among the Pokémon not yet available in the game, Abilities that couldn't be changed or stopped by other means (like Gastro Acid, Skill Swap, Entrainment, or Worry Seed) include Minior's Shields Down, Arceus's Multitype, Ash-Greninja's Battle Bond, Zygarde's Power Construct, and Komala's Comatose.

Essentially, any Ability that causes a form change (like Schooling, Zen Mode, and Power Construct) or is tied to a form change (like Intrepid Sword or Battle Bond) is immovable. Comatose is an exception to this rule, but I suspect that Game Freak encountered some problems from exceptional circumstances and decided it was best that Comatose be an unchangeable, unsuppressable Ability.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So... Battle Bond Greninja can't use Role Play to change the ability while on Ash-Greninja form?

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I suspect that the new Regis will have abilities that either boost their Dragon/Electric moves respectively, or in same way increases their power. I hope they give the other Regis new secondary abilities (or even just replace their HA) to also have the same effect for their respective typings.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
To my knowledge, yes--it only works if it's regular Greninja. Torrent and Protean can be changed to something else, but not Battle Bond.
Battle Bond is the only way to get Ash-Grenija in the games which is pretty weird to be canon in the games when anime stuff usually isn’t aside from a Dex entry or two.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I suspect that the new Regis will have abilities that either boost their Dragon/Electric moves respectively, or in same way increases their power. I hope they give the other Regis new secondary abilities (or even just replace their HA) to also have the same effect for their respective typings.
There were some very nice theories that their abilities that enable Eleki to hit ground types and Drako to hit very-types.

BTW, I'm very disappointed that no Pokemon besides Salazzle have Corrosion as their ability (Image Eternatus having it as a HA).

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Well at least with Eternatus you can still play around with Skill Swapping Corrosion lol

Akashin

Battle Bond is the only way to get Ash-Grenija in the games which is pretty weird to be canon in the games when anime stuff usually isn’t aside from a Dex entry or two.
Unlike other anime concepts, Ash-Greninja was designed by GameFreak, so it being in the games was never an outlandish idea. For all intents and purposes it's no different than the Power Construct Zygarde Formes in that respect; it just feels like it is because Ash-Greninja is directly tied to an anime-only character, and because 10% and 100% Zygarde filled a role we already naturally expected to be filled in some way.

There were some very nice theories that their abilities that enable Eleki to hit ground types and Drako to hit very-types.

BTW, I'm very disappointed that no Pokemon besides Salazzle have Corrosion as their ability (Image Eternatus having it as a HA).
Between its Ability being called Dragon's Maw and its Signature Move relying on its hp being high, I've wondered if maybe Regidrago's ability will allow it to heal in some way. Maybe either when hit by or when using Dragon Moves.

But if we assume Dragon's Maw will be similar in effect to Transistor, it may be that both will simply strengthen their respective STAB Moves (as Transistor implies), as Fairy Queen suggested.

BCVM22

It was definitely not designed exclusively for the anime. Repeated circumstantial evidence suggests it (and the Zygarde formes) would have played a large role in a Kalos title that was never produced, and by the time that decision was made, the anime was in mid-stream and couldn't shift away.

It would have been exceedingly awkward had the games reverse-adapted an anime-only concept solely to shoehorn them into Alola, where neither Zygarde nor Greninja have all that much meaning.

Heatleo

Older Pokemon Trainer
This is something I saw today I was wondering about. There’s people posting on YouTube that mega evolution may return in pokemon sword/shield thru the crown tundra dlc. Now this is a big if...but if it happened what would you think and how would they change it to work with the balance of Gmax so it’s not too OP?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
It was definitely not designed exclusively for the anime. Repeated circumstantial evidence suggests it (and the Zygarde formes) would have played a large role in a Kalos title that was never produced, and by the time that decision was made, the anime was in mid-stream and couldn't shift away.

It would have been exceedingly awkward had the games reverse-adapted an anime-only concept solely to shoehorn them into Alola, where neither Zygarde nor Greninja have all that much meaning.
Indeed. The show needs a few weeks lead time for a minor change, and even then Major Arc, which both Zydarde (Squsishy) and Ash-Greninja are, would not be easily written out and replace with out it being filler for the year due to the "rush" of having to create nearly a year of episodes in quick succession.

Just to give you an idea, on how far ahead they are. In The Japanese show, The Voice Actor for Professor Oak, Samson Oak and the Narrator passed away midway though SM run, they had enough episodes in the bag to last a few months after his death.. Even then the following Movie was voiced by him. I should point out that the VA is usually the step between Script and Animation..

Besides given the rough timing of the introduction of Squishy, would have around the time of a new game's launch during the year "off".

This is something I saw today I was wondering about. There’s people posting on YouTube that mega evolution may return in pokemon sword/shield thru the crown tundra dlc. Now this is a big if...but if it happened what would you think and how would they change it to work with the balance of Gmax so it’s not too OP?
Personally I think it's more of a wish, than actual thing to come. (It would proberbly been promoted if it was to retrun.)

I think I have good idea on how the in game battle effects would be.. But I'd doubt that you'd be able to G-max a MEga, you may be able to Dyna max it, but it's going to mess up the Competative situcation due to the Ability and Stat boosts of both things.