• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
I kind of feel like Dragapult, Duraludon, and Dracovish are hints of D/P remakes. Cuz they're the same elements as Giratina, Dialga, and Palkia, lol.

That's stretching it I think by that logic the presence of the Hoenn starters is evidence of another remake for Gen 3 on the way.

Bus

There were some very nice theories that their abilities that enable Eleki to hit ground types and Drako to hit very-types.

BTW, I'm very disappointed that no Pokemon besides Salazzle have Corrosion as their ability (Image Eternatus having it as a HA).
I'm still a little dissapointed Corrosion doesn't allow Poison attacks to hit Steel types. I mean, the whole thing behind it is you're corroding metal; melting it. It should allow them to actually hit Steel types as opposed to just being able to Poison them. It wouldn't be too overpowered since Salazzle is the only one with it.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I'm still a little dissapointed Corrosion doesn't allow Poison attacks to hit Steel types. I mean, the whole thing behind it is you're corroding metal; melting it. It should allow them to actually hit Steel types as opposed to just being able to Poison them. It wouldn't be too overpowered since Salazzle is the only one with it.
I think that Corrosion should work on certain Poison attacks when it comes to affecting Steel types. I think any of the acid based moves (with the exception of Apple Acid unless Salandit and Salazzle get access to one of the mimicking moves in the future) and Venoshock, Clear Smog, And Smog. It wouldn’t make much sense if Cross Poison was able to damage a Steel type when Corrosion is in play because the in game description for Cross Poison is that the user creates a blade made of some sort poison blade and slashes away at the target. A blade of any kind isn’t going to do much of anything to a metal body.

Bus

I think that Corrosion should work on certain Poison attacks when it comes to affecting Steel types. I think any of the acid based moves (with the exception of Apple Acid unless Salandit and Salazzle get access to one of the mimicking moves in the future) and Venoshock, Clear Smog, And Smog. It wouldn’t make much sense if Cross Poison was able to damage a Steel type when Corrosion is in play because the in game description for Cross Poison is that the user creates a blade made of some sort poison blade and slashes away at the target. A blade of any kind isn’t going to do much of anything to a metal body.
Fair enough. The ones specifically with 'Acid' in their name does make sense. The ones referencing Smog and such would work too like you said. That would give us:
Acid
Acid Spray
Smog
Clear Smog
Acid Downpour (though that's G-Max, so it would be its special G-Max effect and suddenly effective against Steel so it may be a bit much)
Corrosive Gas (didn't even know this was a move until I looked up what attacks could have the 'good against steel' property we're hypothesizing)

Though that's it....wouldn't really call Venoshock worthy since that's clearly just a move that intensifies poison (hence why it does more damage if target's already poisoned).

Something for Gen 9 to consider, I guess. A bit late to add attacks now lol.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Just to give you an idea, on how far ahead they are. In The Japanese show, The Voice Actor for Professor Oak, Samson Oak and the Narrator passed away midway though SM run, they had enough episodes in the bag to last a few months after his death.. Even then the following Movie was voiced by him. I should point out that the VA is usually the step between Script and Animation..

A minor nitpick, but anime follows a different production sequence than animation from any other country in that the animation usually comes first, then the voice acting. The voice actors watch the animated scene played on a screen in front of them to get an idea of how and when they'll say their lines, and after they get the hang of it, they do their voice acting in time with the scene played again. (There are a few anime directors who do voice first, then animation, like Mamoru Hosoda and Satoshi Kon, but to my knowledge, the Pokémon TV anime has never had any of their involvement, and the actors themselves are very used to the process I described above and might get tripped up not having a screen playing the scene to watch, and those directors mostly only do movies where they can hire outside of the usuals.)

But that really means the lead time for the Pokémon anime is even further back than it might seem, as voice acting is one of the LAST steps to an anime (after that being sound mixing, cleanup, and distribution). More so in that the Pokémon anime is almost certainly produced in a "cascade" fashion, where every department is working at the same time, but on different episodes depending on how far into the process their department is. It's the only reasonable way I know of where a new episode can come out every week without a break. (This cascade process is how, for instance, you can have 26 episodes of The Simpsons every year, yet each episode takes about 8 months to go from script to ready-to-air.) If it's made in this way, the last episode to have Professor Oak's voice actor performing may have had its finalized script written several months to a year prior.

Does anyone know if that hidden ability item will work on legendary pokemon

I see no reason why it wouldn't, as long as the Legendary Pokémon itself has a Hidden Ability. Most don't, but a few do, such as Heatran and Suicune and Pals.

Fair enough. The ones specifically with 'Acid' in their name does make sense. The ones referencing Smog and such would work too like you said. That would give us:
Acid
Acid Spray
Smog
Clear Smog
Acid Downpour (though that's G-Max, so it would be its special G-Max effect and suddenly effective against Steel so it may be a bit much)
Corrosive Gas (didn't even know this was a move until I looked up what attacks could have the 'good against steel' property we're hypothesizing)

Though that's it....wouldn't really call Venoshock worthy since that's clearly just a move that intensifies poison (hence why it does more damage if target's already poisoned).

Something for Gen 9 to consider, I guess. A bit late to add attacks now lol.

I wasn't really too sure if Corrosive Gas would work against Steel-types, as I haven't actually tried it myself. That was the one to come to mind though.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
OK, so this is what I think might be in store with the new Regis, combining with the fact we will likely get a Sinnoh remake this console generation(they always remake a region with the new console). And some more speculation
  • Regieleki and Regidrago follow how the regular Regis are based off different ages. They are the modern and dark ages. So if they add more, I'm expecting a Fighting or Fairy type knight-based Regi for the medieval age(knights, those two types are often associated with heroism/many fairy tales come from that era), a Water type for the age of exploration and seafaring, and a Psychic type for the Space age in the future(aliens in Pokemon/Pokemon connected to space tend to be Psychic type)
  • Regidrago itself is mentioned as being incomplete. I'm putting my chips down that the DP remakes will have you unlock its true completed form, and it will be Dragon/Dark(the Pokemon itself looks kind of sinister, and it plays on the dark in the dark ages). To unlock Regigigas in DP you may need to move it and Regieleki over
  • If we are getting regional variants of the legendary birds, I am expecting that we might one day get regional variants of the Meltan line. Given the Pokemon is more "it's mythical because it's ancient and requires special interactivity" making it change depending on the region would be easy to justify. I mean, the birbs don't really have a specific origin or region-based myth to them unlike most legendaries, which from a lore perspective is probably why they're the first legendaries with a regional variant.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Truth to be told, I’m only curious if those rumors and supposed datamines of the CT having chapter quests in the plot like Paper Mario does is true :>

PsychoLogical

What are chapter quests? Did the datamine show a new city/town?
EavMTqdWkAAysN6
EavMT5TWkAERqLw

EavMUHfWAAE7voN
EavMUU-XgAItsHk

Remember seeing these at some point months prior in the past? These are supposedly some sort of leak of what the Crown Tundra plot will be like where it's split into 4 chapters, hence the Paper Mario reference I did there. Although this should be taken with a grain of salt. Won't really believe it until I actually see it. Unless this was debunked a long time ago and I never found out.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
EavMTqdWkAAysN6
EavMT5TWkAERqLw

EavMUHfWAAE7voN
EavMUU-XgAItsHk

Remember seeing these at some point months prior in the past? These are supposedly some sort of leak of what the Crown Tundra plot will be like where it's split into 4 chapters, hence the Paper Mario reference I did there. Although this should be taken with a grain of salt. Won't really believe it until I actually see it. Unless this was debunked a long time ago and I never found out.
THANKYOU :) Btw, there was any mention of a new town in the datamine?

PsychoLogical

THANKYOU :) Btw, there was any mention of a new town in the datamine?
Well not exactly. And this is old anyways, just bringing it back up since we’re getting closer to the CT and I’m still curious if this will hold when the CT releases.

ShadowForce720

Well not exactly. And this is old anyways, just bringing it back up since we’re getting closer to the CT and I’m still curious if this will hold when the CT releases.

Just pointing this out but the datamines aren’t supposed stuff, they are actually legit datamines. What happened was that when Gamefreak update the game with the Isle of Armor stuff they also included part of the Crown Tundra stuff.

The datamines aren’t rumors, heck there is a reason why the rumors never try to pass themselves off as actual datamines.

Plus it’s not like people don’t have access to the Isle of Armor now. I’m not sure why the idea of the Isle of Armor being datamined and getting some Crown Tundra is suddenly Rocket science.

Last edited:

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
The data-mine suggests the Hoenn starters are returning, is there a reason why only the Hoenn starters and not the others are coming back?

I ain't complaining, I want to see how Swampert reacts to curry, but it seems random ...

PsychoLogical

The data-mine suggests the Hoenn starters are returning, is there a reason why only the Hoenn starters and not the others are coming back?

I ain't complaining, I want to see how Swampert reacts to curry, but it seems random ...
No idea, tho some people have been theorizing that Mega Evolution may return somewhat since a very strong number of the random mons returning according to the datamine that aren't Legendaries have Mega Evolutions but even that is a long stretch to say the least.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I personally can't see Mega Evolution returning since it was supposed to be an exclusive for the generation that introduced it.

I'm hoping we see a better regional variant with Crown Tundra, the Slowpoke line was a little underwhelming for me.

ShadowForce720

I personally can't see Mega Evolution returning since it was supposed to be an exclusive for the generation that introduced it.

I'm hoping we see a better regional variant with Crown Tundra, the Slowpoke line was a little underwhelming for me.

And yet it still returned in Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, and even returned in Let’s Go Pikachu and Let’s Go Eevee.

Sure those games didn’t introduce any new Mega Evolutions but the fact that they were still in those gen 7 games basically undermines the whole argument that the existing Mega Evolutions can’t return because Mega Evolution was supposed to be exclusive to gen 6.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
If Megas come back I’m quitting competitive battling since combining them with legendaries AND Dynamax will absolutely obliterate the metagame