• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
The data-mine suggests the Hoenn starters are returning, is there a reason why only the Hoenn starters and not the others are coming back?

I ain't complaining, I want to see how Swampert reacts to curry, but it seems random ...

I want to see Crygonal eat a spicy curry.

If Megas come back I’m quitting competitive battling since combining them with legendaries AND Dynamax will absolutely obliterate the metagame

I'm sure they know how grossly overpowered things would be if a Mega Evolution were allowed to Dynamax...or even be on the same team that would allow for Dynamax. Logically, you'd be required to pick one or the other. (And maybe between those two and Z-Moves...which I'd like to see return solely to be able to see the trainers do weird dances.)

Akashin

I personally can't see Mega Evolution returning since it was supposed to be an exclusive for the generation that introduced it.

What? Trainer Customization was the thing that was 'supposed' to be unique to Kalos. Nobody with any say over anything ever said anything to the same effect for Mega Evolution, as far as I am aware.

Z Moves are far more tied to the region they originate from than Mega Evolution is, in any case.

Heatleo

Older Pokemon Trainer
This is something related to Crown Tundra. There was a pokenchi stream a few minutes ago that was really bad, but there’s something in it that people will like or hate about dynamax adventures lol. I can’t wait for the dlc to arrive soon enough.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
This is something related to Crown Tundra. There was a pokenchi stream a few minutes ago that was really bad, but there’s something in it that people will like or hate about dynamax adventures lol. I can’t wait for the dlc to arrive soon enough.
You could tell people what it is, y'know. Anyways, you're guaranteed to catch a Legendary, but you can only get each one once.

Heatleo

Older Pokemon Trainer
You could tell people what it is, y'know. Anyways, you're guaranteed to catch a Legendary, but you can only get each one once.
I know. I was watching it and was shocked. Mewtwo caught with a Love Ball. Sorry. Didn’t want to not say it.

Heatleo

Older Pokemon Trainer
You are right that yeah you can use any Pokémon ball to catch a legendary in dynamax adventures (I’m not sure if they have shields or not lol since they cut it.)

Heatleo

Older Pokemon Trainer
Absol was seen too on the stream. Not sure what else to say since it’s on the front page now. Do you all think that dynamax adventures will be limited if you can only catch legendaries 100 percent once?

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
The Legendaries are an automatic capture? Oh thank god, I don't need to pray that they stay in the ball and rage when they don't.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Huh, I can actually safely use the rare Poké Balls? I got a lot of Apricorns. Maybe I'll go try my luck at the Cram-o-matic some more then. I haven't gotten a rare one yet, but it's worth a shot. (Beast Balls are still rendered pointless, it seems.)

Do you still have to defeat the Legendary Pokémon?

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Getting a guaranteed catch for the Legendaries is a big relief, people would likely to be stocking up on matching Poke Balls now in the lead up the CT. Still a bit conflicted on the rental system though.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Getting a guaranteed catch for the Legendaries is a big relief, people would likely to be stocking up on matching Poke Balls now in the lead up the CT. Still a bit conflicted on the rental system though.
I assume the rental system is supposed to serve as some sort of anti-trolling system for online aka preventing jerks from using crap like earthquake or sludge wave intentionally to ruin things.

Heatleo

Older Pokemon Trainer
Huh, I can actually safely use the rare Poké Balls? I got a lot of Apricorns. Maybe I'll go try my luck at the Cram-o-matic some more then. I haven't gotten a rare one yet, but it's worth a shot. (Beast Balls are still rendered pointless, it seems.)

Do you still have to defeat the Legendary Pokémon?
Yes. The only thing that people weren’t sure of is if the legendary pokemon have shields or not (didn’t show in gameplay them).

Deitylight

Legendary Trainer
I remember the Mewtwo and the Zeraora event requiring really strong Pokmon beat to the point where not even using Pokemon like Zacian and Eternatus is a questionable a choice considering they get ohko by them at worst. The mewtwo in the live stream doesn't appear to be as strong as the event one and using a battle factory like raids is actually neat in hindsight.

D

Deleted member 384931

Tbh idk what Team I should use. If I choose a weaker one I get overleveled and a stronger one I one-shot everything

Heatleo

Older Pokemon Trainer
Tbh idk what Team I should use. If I choose a weaker one I get overleveled and a stronger one I one-shot everything
You might as well one shot everything and get those legendary pokemon caught. I’m sure there will be a decent level for them (maybe what they are in most games level 50-60 or a little lower? Hmmm...)

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm glad they're guaranteed, it'd suck to do all that work only for it to break out and make you do it again. I was never fond of that raid mechanic, it took 80 raids to catch Giga Drednaw! 80! Everyone else was 1-3 max

I like filling the dex without transferring on my main game/save for each release