• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
For my newest game, I’m using Jigglypuff for the entire run and so far it has been a big help. It currently knows Disarming Voice, Echoed Voice, Round, and Rest. Rest will be replaced by Draining Kiss as soon as I obtain the TM. I also just evolved my Shiny Melton into Melmetal. It is currently at a low level perfect for this save.

Last edited:

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
Has anyone noticed that Calyrex has Tri-Force symbols all around it's neck?

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Oh lord, Dynamax Zygarde, Giratina, Lugia, and Cresselia are going to be so tiring to take down. Imagine them... with double the HP! Especially if Zygarde activiates Power Construct halfway through!

So excited for this DLC, I hope they are some hidden stuff to find (come on Galarian Jynx!). But even if there isn't, I am super excited for the new Regis and Galarian Birds.

Heatleo

Older Pokemon Trainer
Oh lord, Dynamax Zygarde, Giratina, Lugia, and Cresselia are going to be so tiring to take down. Imagine them... with double the HP! Especially if Zygarde activiates Power Construct halfway through!

So excited for this DLC, I hope they are some hidden stuff to find (come on Galarian Jynx!). But even if there isn't, I am super excited for the new Regis and Galarian Birds.
I'm hoping you can fuse the new Regis with the other Regis to make some new pokemon Regi based. That would be so cool if it's true. I know Calyrex has that capability, (based on everything posted here) so why not make the Regis fuse?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
You know what, there's actually just one thing I want to know for certain when the CT finally comes around later this week: I want to fully check and confirm if Garchomp gets Dragon Dance or not. Just going straight through the main point and fully check if Garchomp can learn Dragon Dance via TR. I will not believe anything from that supposed TR list for returning mons released like months ago via datamine or whatever specifically for Dragon Dance until I check it ingame myself :>

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

You know what, there's actually just one thing I want to know for certain when the CT finally comes around later this week: I want to fully check and confirm if Garchomp gets Dragon Dance or not. Just going straight through the main point and fully check if Garchomp can learn Dragon Dance via TR. I will not believe anything from that supposed TR list for returning mons released like months ago via datamine or whatever specifically for Dragon Dance until I do and check it ingame myself :>

Not sure why, when there is literally no reason to think that the datamine is made up.

Look I can understand being skeptical of rumors and stuff like that, however at this point it seems more like your being skeptical just to be skeptical.

I mean if you hadn’t notice the rumors don’t really try to pass themselves off as datamines. Where so far when it comes to the main series Pokémon games the datamines tend to be legit.

I mean heck datamines for Pokémon Sword and Shield came out before the games came out like days before the games come out.

Yet somehow it’s hard to believe that they could datamine Isle of Armor and also find some Crown Tundra information? Are you kidding me.

Look this isn’t a case where it’s like oh well the datamine could be real or could be fake. Literally multiple people datamine the games when they get there hands on it.

I mean I don’t think you understand how datamine works, the data miners will datamine the game as soon as they possibly can and will share what they found with everyone else.

There is no advantage to lieing about a datamine because there will be plenty of people who will have actually datamined the game and will be able to easily debunked any false information or misinformation about a datamine.

So basically the datamine is legit.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Not sure why, when there is literally no reason to think that the datamine is made up.

Look I can understand being skeptical of rumors and stuff like that, however at this point it seems more like your being skeptical just to be skeptical.

I mean if you hadn’t notice the rumors don’t really try to pass themselves off as datamines. Where so far when it comes to the main series Pokémon games the datamines tend to be legit.

I mean heck datamines for Pokémon Sword and Shield came out before the games came out like days before the games come out.

Yet somehow it’s hard to believe that they could datamine Isle of Armor and also find some Crown Tundra information? Are you kidding me.

Look this isn’t a case where it’s like oh well the datamine could be real or could be fake. Literally multiple people datamine the games when they get there hands on it.

I mean I don’t think you understand how datamine works, the data miners will datamine the game as soon as they possibly can and will share what they found with everyone else.

There is no advantage to lieing about a datamine because there will be plenty of people who will have actually datamined the game and will be able to easily debunked any false information or misinformation about a datamine.

So basically the datamine is legit.
It’s less about the dataminers being trustworthy and more that information in the files isn’t always an exact 1-1 to what’s actually in the game. For instance, Azumarill was said to get High Horsepower in the Pokemon Home TR/TM datamine but ended up not getting it once it returned in the Isle of Armor. So while the datamine is most likely legit, some things can be inaccurate to what was found initially.

PsychoLogical

It’s less about the dataminers being trustworthy and more that information in the files isn’t always an exact 1-1 to what’s actually in the game. For instance, Azumarill was said to get High Horsepower in the Pokemon Home TR/TM datamine but ended up not getting it once it returned in the Isle of Armor. So while the datamine is most likely legit, some things can be inaccurate to what was found initially.
Exactly this basically. Who’s to say that files that get datamined are all going to be exact when things release for real when that’s just unrealistic to begin with since there’s going to be crap that (likely) ends up being inaccurate.

Last edited:

BCVM22

The problem with datamines is that they don't give us a complete picture, because they're not designed to. The game gives us the complete picture. The datamine is like a skeleton - we can make a lot of good guesses from it, but without adding the organs and the skin and everything else, we're still working with incomplete information and lacking proper context.

Treating any datamine as automatically "legit" or otherwise gospel may not be factually inaccurate, but it ignores that important lack of context and results in inaccuracy in its own way.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Plus, things can change between the time they code the info and when they actually release stuff.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
The Legendaries are an automatic capture? Oh thank god, I don't need to pray that they stay in the ball and rage when they don't.

Since they are an automatic capture, I pray they are very difficult to defeat.

Personally, I'd like to lose a couple of times before finally defeating one. That would be pretty dope. Makes the journey last longer.

PsychoLogical

Personally, I'd like to lose a couple of times before finally defeating one. That would be pretty dope. Makes the journey last longer.
Considering that we're apparently going to be locked with using rental mons during these dynamax quests for them, I think that might give what you asked for.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

I hope it's not overly hard since it's a pain finding open raids as it is. A challenge is fine, but not one where you have to keep on finding legendaries that aren't from your version.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Well, the 100% capture rate makes things way more interesting. I’m still not sure if I’ll be adding any legendary pokémon to my team besides Galarian Zapdos, but if I can catch any of them in something like a Dream Ball, an Apricorn Ball, or a Safari Ball, then I might reconsider it.

At the very least, overused & OP pokémon like Zygarde, Crescelia, Mewtwo, or Landorus are on the bottom of my wishlist

Last edited:

Autobot N

I get why they do it, since they want everyone to be able to get legendaries even if they didn't have past games, but I really don't like the "every legendary is conveniently in Hoenn/Alola/Galar thing that's been going on since Gen 6. It just feels kind of cheap, since virtually none of them have a unique location or scenario, it's just "you walk into a cave and here's a random legendary." At least the Regis and seemingly the Swords have some plot behind them.