• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Heatleo

Older Pokemon Trainer
I get why they do it, since they want everyone to be able to get legendaries even if they didn't have past games, but I really don't like the "every legendary is conveniently in Hoenn/Alola/Galar thing that's been going on since Gen 6. It just feels kind of cheap, since virtually none of them have a unique location or scenario, it's just "you walk into a cave and here's a random legendary." At least the Regis and seemingly the Swords have some plot behind them.
Agreed, although I do wonder if they will make some of the items for changing legendaries forms (I'm thinking like Giratina for instance), available from catching them at the start (which is very easy but a little but too easy), or you will have to go back and do Dynamax adventures more than once to get different items for your legendaries to alter them. That or maybe you will go to some person who will be like, "Hey you have Giratina? Try this!"

Akashin

What exactly about Trainer Customization would make it unique to Kalos?

Few days late, but oh well.

In reality? Absolutely nothing. But unless I'm remembering wrong, that was their excuse for it not being in ORAS, and at the time there was suspicion it wouldn't return in SM, either.

Edit: I'm not. It was from this interview.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Well, the 100% capture rate makes things way more interesting. I’m still not sure if I’ll be adding any legendary pokémon on my team besides Galarian Zapdos, but if I can catch any of them in something like a Dream Ball, an Apricorn Ball, or a Safari Ball, then I might reconsider it.

Please forgive my ignorance, but why does this matter?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Please forgive my ignorance, but why does this matter?
Partly because we've never had an opportunity like this in the games before, but mostly because it's cool

Also because I'm a sucker for catching a pokemon in specialized balls. To me it makes each catch more memorable and makes each pokemon more distinguishable.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
This will probably end badly in the short term...
People will see 3 subpar rentals to choose from, quit and quee again. :/

Rental Pokémon seem to turn people off a lot. I had a lot of trouble leveling up in Battle Agency, for instance, as hardly anyone was willing to put much effort into it despite the mad BP it gave out (comparable or even better than Mantine Surf). You had to rank up several times before you'd begin to see really nice rentals and get past the bizarre stuff like the special-attacking Alolan Marowak. I like the concept though. It lets me try out many different Pokémo in quick succession.

Honestly though, I highly doubt it's going to be "subpar." Maybe at first, but if they're expecting you to fight a perpetually Dynamaxed Legendary Pokémon, they're going to give you stuff that can pull off the win. Every rental system in a Pokémon game has either given you strong Pokémon from the get-go (Battle Factory, Rental Master Tournament) or allows you to progress to strong Pokémon (Gateway Colosseum Challenge, Battle Agency).

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
It is just that the offical website showcasing off a special attacking Flareon as one of the intial rental Pokemon doesn't inspire the greatest feeling of confidence, granted Flareon still has a usable Special Attack stat but it is a big waste of its potential. Same goes for NFE Pokemon that seem to be destined to be wiped out in one or two shots akin to those used by the AI partners in regular Max Raid Battles (unless the game goes slapping Evolite/Focus Sash on all of them).

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Partly because we've never had an opportunity like this in the games before, but mostly because it's cool

Also because I'm a sucker for catching a pokemon in specialized balls. To me it makes each catch more memorable and makes each pokemon more distinguishable.

Ah, okay I see. I actually save my Heal Balls for Fairy types, so I get it.

Back in Gen 4, I actually spent an entire hour battling the same Dialga over and over just so I could catch it in a Time Ball. lol

ScraftyIsTheBest

No need to worry!

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*

Above appears to be blurred out HOME sprites for the new legendary Pokemon: namely Regieleki, Regidrago, the unnamed horses, Calyrex, its new forms, and their respective shinies.

This is supposedly the Galarian Birds' Shiny forms. Whether they will actually be obtainable as Shinies is not know currently.
That would make sense as a few regional forms have reversed colors with their original Shinies. And Galarian Moltres looks better in its standard form than the original pink Shiny. If Kantonian Moltres was black or a dark purple in its Shiny there would be no doubt that it would be extremely popular among Shiny Hunters.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

Above appears to be blurred out HOME sprites for the new legendary Pokemon: namely Regieleki, Regidrago, the unnamed horses, Calyrex, its new forms, and their respective shinies.

This is supposedly the Galarian Birds' Shiny forms. Whether they will actually be obtainable as Shinies is not know currently.
Did they really just make the Galarian Bird Trio shiny forms their regular counterparts' colors? Sheesh.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

Oh I so hope this is legit.

I would totally love to have that Shiny Articuno.