• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I'm assuming these work like Dark Aura and Fairy Aura.

Either like that, a specific version of adaptability or both.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I wonder if we'll have more of a story than in IoA

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
#896: Glastrier Wild Horse Pokémon

Glastrier emits intense cold from its hooves. It's also a belligerent Pokémon—anything it wants, it takes by force.

Glastrier has tremendous physical strength, and the mask of ice covering its face is 100 times harder than diamond.

Ability: Chilling Neigh When the Pokémon knocks out a target, it utters a chilling neigh, which boosts its Attack stat.

#897: Spectrier (レイスポス) Wild Horse Pokémon

It probes its surroundings with all its senses save one—it doesn't use its sense of sight. Spectrier's kicks are said to separate soul from body.

As it dashes through the night, Spectrier absorbs the life-force of sleeping creatures. It craves silence and solitude.

Ability: Grim Neigh When the Pokémon knocks out a target, it utters a terrifying neigh, which boosts its Sp. Atk stat.

Wow these are some disturbing Pokemon. Galar seems to have a lot of ill-natured legendaries, but I guess Calyrex and the wolves help to counter them and bring balance.

Interesting to see that Calyrex has completely benevolent descriptions in comparison. It is apparently capable of taming the horses although it is weak to both of their types.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Definitely want Spectrier. I like it’s look better.

ScraftyIsTheBest

No need to worry!
[/QUOTE]
Not for certain, but the main overall experience is about 4 hours. This may be bigger in scale than Isle of Armor, but its most likely not going to last long.

With the length of play being Legendary raids and catching.

I think the best experience to have with these DLC was to get them both at once, to get the most bang for buck. Cause once you put them together it feels more meatier overall as a DLC pack.

It's also best enjoyed on a fresh playthrough imo. Isle of Armor you get the most enjoyment out of if you do it as soon as you reach the Wild Area and intertwine it with the first three Gyms. It's easy as **** if you do it post-game but if you do it during the main story it's actually pretty fun and challenging. Especially since its level curve ranges from Level 10 to like Level 30.

Crown Tundra I'm not sure when it will be accessible, but I assume it'll be built with around mid-game in mind, with the idea being that on a fresh playthrough you play the main story up to signing up for the Gym Challenge in Motostoke, intertwine Isle of Armor with the first three Gyms (mainly, up to the Towers where you get to evolve Kubfu, evolving it before Bea/Allister), "finish" it, then intertwine Crown Tundra for the rest of the game, then circle back to both areas for their respective post-game content (G-Max Honey, Mustard final battle, etc.).

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
To this day I kinda regret getting Single Strike Urshifu. Might as well choose wisely for the Horses this time around.

RoughCoronet0

Dragon lover
#896: Glastrier Wild Horse Pokémon

Glastrier emits intense cold from its hooves. It's also a belligerent Pokémon—anything it wants, it takes by force.

Glastrier has tremendous physical strength, and the mask of ice covering its face is 100 times harder than diamond.

Ability: Chilling Neigh When the Pokémon knocks out a target, it utters a chilling neigh, which boosts its Attack stat.

#897: Spectrier (レイスポス) Wild Horse Pokémon

It probes its surroundings with all its senses save one—it doesn't use its sense of sight. Spectrier's kicks are said to separate soul from body.

As it dashes through the night, Spectrier absorbs the life-force of sleeping creatures. It craves silence and solitude.

Ability: Grim Neigh When the Pokémon knocks out a target, it utters a terrifying neigh, which boosts its Sp. Atk stat.
I will somehow get both and name them Frost and Shadowmare!

Orphalesion

The horses look pretty cool. Though I do wish they were ordinary Pokemonw ith evolution lines rather than legendaries, so that I could catch both :p

And ha. Shiny G.Moltres is a much better Moltres than Kantonian Moltres ever was. Astonishing how a few tweaks can improve a design.

I wasn't expecting any more Pokemon or Forms, after G.Slowpoke/Slowbro being the only new ones in IoA I knew there wouldn't be any "surprises" in CT. So I'm not disappointed, but also not hyped after IoA.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Wow I saw mostly negative comments up seeing the designs of the horses and as soon as we got a little bit of “lore” (if you can call their descriptions to be lore) the reactions seem to be mostly positive. Mine included. My first impression was that the designs are extremely bland and lackluster, but with their descriptions, I’m actually now hoping it actually plays into the story we’ll be playing through in some way.

Also, if Calyrex seems to use both abilities In riding form, I wonder what happens to its type.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Wow I saw mostly negative comments up seeing the designs of the horses and as soon as we got a little bit of “lore” (if you can call their descriptions to be lore) the reactions seem to be mostly positive. Mine included. My first impression was that the designs are extremely bland and lackluster, but with their descriptions, I’m actually now hoping it actually plays into the story we’ll be playing through in some way.

Also, if Calyrex seems to use both abilities In riding form, I wonder what happens to its type.

I believe its psychic or grass type will be replaced with the two horse's typings respectively.

Grass/Ice

Ghost/Psychic

for example.

Heatleo

Older Pokemon Trainer
The horses look pretty cool. Though I do wish they were ordinary Pokemonw ith evolution lines rather than legendaries, so that I could catch both :p

And ha. Shiny G.Moltres is a much better Moltres than Kantonian Moltres ever was. Astonishing how a few tweaks can improve a design.

I wasn't expecting any more Pokemon or Forms, after G.Slowpoke/Slowbro being the only new ones in IoA I knew there wouldn't be any "surprises" in CT. So I'm not disappointed, but also not hyped after IoA.
I agree although you never know. There were rumours of more gmax forms and melmetal is getting a gmax form now. Maybe Regigigas gets one. Also the fusion concept is too basic for me to be happy (but hey maybe Necrozma fused with Lunala/Solgaleo will lose to pokemon riding horses now lol).

ShadowForce720

I agree although you never know. There were rumours of more gmax forms and melmetal is getting a gmax form now. Maybe Regigigas gets one. Also the fusion concept is too basic for me to be happy (but hey maybe Necrozma fused with Lunala/Solgaleo will lose to pokemon riding horses now lol).

Well to be fair I think the reason why they probably made the Calyerex forms a fusion is probably do to game limitations. Sort of like how they had to make Sivally an evolution of Type:Null even though they were pretty much just different forms of the same Pokémon.