• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So, Glastrier and Spectrier.

Are these legit names?

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I agree although you never know. There were rumours of more gmax forms and melmetal is getting a gmax form now. Maybe Regigigas gets one. Also the fusion concept is too basic for me to be happy (but hey maybe Necrozma fused with Lunala/Solgaleo will lose to pokemon riding horses now lol).

Melmetal since day one has had a GMax form, you just couldn't encounter it or have one without hacking. Its been within the the games since the first complete gen 8 dex datamine.

So, Glastrier and Spectrier.

Are these legit names?

Its what was found in the datamine for them in the same place as the models. Based on CentroLeaks, they also listed the japanese names seperately so I do believe they are legit.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
It is just that the offical website showcasing off a special attacking Flareon as one of the intial rental Pokemon doesn't inspire the greatest feeling of confidence, granted Flareon still has a usable Special Attack stat but it is a big waste of its potential. Same goes for NFE Pokemon that seem to be destined to be wiped out in one or two shots akin to those used by the AI partners in regular Max Raid Battles (unless the game goes slapping Evolite/Focus Sash on all of them).

On the other hand, a special-attacking Flareon doesn't have to worry about HP drops from Flare Blitz while relying on something stronger than Fire Fang. Max Raid Battles get really drawn out because of the barriers to get through, and recoil moves can seriously wear your Pokémon down.

Tbh Legendaries arent special if you can catch them all in one game. Where is the rare factor, the lore?

If you ask me, it's a lot more convenient to have them available during the generation, not to mention the people who might not have previous-generation Pokémon games. Say what one wants about Game Freak, but I do genuinely appreciate them making Legendary Pokémon more accessible than they ever were. (Bummer that they dropped the multidimensional-travel angle they had with Generations VI and VII though.)

Lol. "fusion"

Yeah, LOL at the people calling them "fusions." They're not actually fusions. I have a strong feeling it's really more the result of some plot event in that Calyrex functions as a character and something happens that allows it to ride one of the horses.

Regieleki Ability: Transistor Powers up Electric-type moves.

Regidrago Ability: Dragon's Maw Powers up Dragon-type moves.

Transistor sounds like it'd be terrifying with Electric Terrain going on.

Wow these are some disturbing Pokemon. Galar seems to have a lot of ill-natured legendaries, but I guess Calyrex and the wolves help to counter them and bring balance.

Interesting to see that Calyrex has completely benevolent descriptions in comparison. It is apparently capable of taming the horses although it is weak to both of their types.

To be fair, prior to Crown Tundra, we had two good Legendary Pokémon (Zacian and Zamazenta) to one bad one (Eternatus). Regardless of if you count Urshifu as one or two, it also falls under the good ones, as both Single Strike and Rapid Strike Urshifu have Pokédex descriptions about them fighting evildoers.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
So... I haven't been here much and it seems like stuff are leaking again. Two new legendary horses. Ghost and Ice. Looking forward to how they actually play in the upcoming DLC.

Just saw the designs. Funny how Clayrex and his rides are already considered a "form".

Last edited:

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
To be fair, prior to Crown Tundra, we had two good Legendary Pokémon (Zacian and Zamazenta) to one bad one (Eternatus). Regardless of if you count Urshifu as one or two, it also falls under the good ones, as both Single Strike and Rapid Strike Urshifu have Pokédex descriptions about them fighting evildoers.

That's true. If only Urshifu was involved in some kind of bigger plot though. I just find it interesting that there is quite a number of legendaries in Galar that are described in an adverse manner, being Eternatus, the three birds, and the two horses. It could be due to the theme of heroism in the region which emphasizes the struggle between good and evil.

Marzbar

I’ve heard that the stats of the new Regis is leaked somewhere and that they are both glass cannons. Can anyone confirm that?
I wonder how Regilecki will compare to Xurkitree and whether transistor powers up ally moves as well
Edit: okay if this is true, the new Regis are very very strong. With good typings and decent HP. Better than Xurkitree

unknown.png

unknown.png
Not sure if these are legit

Last edited:

BCVM22

I’m a bit skeptical as to how Centro Leaks claims to know that, but with that being said, they’ve skipped only two years of the last ten and none in the last five, so predicting “a new game is [planned] for next year” isn’t exactly making a juicy prediction. Especially as we’re currently mid-generation, where any “new” game has a game engine and Pokémon models already in place to be used.

Akashin

I’m a bit skeptical as to how Centro Leaks claims to know that, but with that being said, they’ve skipped only two years of the last ten and none in the last five, so predicting “a new game is [planned] for next year” isn’t exactly making a juicy prediction. Especially as we’re currently mid-generation, where any “new” game has a game engine and Pokémon models already in place to be used.

Agreed. That there will be a third DLC in lieu of a new game next year is the far bolder claim at the moment, and if we assume Centro Leaks has any basis behind their claim besides making an easily predictable guess, this most likely debunks that.

Does anyone here know what time the update actually starts? Or is that information not known?

Joe has done some guesswork on his Twitter, but they haven't given us an official time, as far as I know.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh my god.

I thought today was the 22nd.

Literally bummed myself out. Wish I had a spare brain cell to actually know what day it is.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Oh my god.

I thought today was the 22nd.

Literally bummed myself out. Wish I had a spare brain cell to actually know what day it is.
won't take long for the 22nd to arrive anyways.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, I guess I have one more day for pre-tundra Love Ball hunting. So that's good news.

Really hoping we get more apriball farming methods in the tundra. I'm sure we won't but still.