• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Tried out casual multiplayer, testing out some of my old favorites for the Crown Tundra dex. A lot of people abusing Landorus as expected.

NeoPhantom

Huh, I just realized that the information regarding the levels of trainers and wild pokemon scaling thats in the internet is completely wrong.

They scale according to the highest levelled pokemon in the Players Partyand Box. So if you have a lv 100 pokemon in a box you will get the highest leveled encounters even if you have no badges. On the other hand if you only have low leveled pokemon you have low levelled encounters even post-game.

Heatleo

Older Pokemon Trainer
In the same place?
Probably. When I missed its mirages the first time I didn’t fully encounter it till the second time (with help from here). If you made it faint wait a while. Another thing that should validate it’s there is do you hear Articunos cry when in the crown tundra? That means it’s around.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Probably. When I missed its mirages the first time I didn’t fully encounter it till the second time (with help from here). If you made it faint wait a while. Another thing that should validate it’s there is do you hear Articunos cry when in the crown tundra? That means it’s around.
Omg I did hear it, but cant remember where. I think it was in the snow town!

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I had a similar experience with the fog. The best thing that I did was listening for Articuno's cry to know if he was in the area. Then, I just kept moving along in the area looking up if that makes any sense.

Sadly, that was the most efficient way I could think of, but there are players who will possibly come up with better ways.

I hear Articuno pretty much every time I taxi over to anywhere in the Crown Tundra with the exception, sometimes, of Freezington. I have never once actually seen it.

There was one time I was going up Snowslide Slope, and I heard it REAL loud, like it was next to me. Still couldn't find it. How long does Articuno remain in the area?

Tried out casual multiplayer, testing out some of my old favorites for the Crown Tundra dex. A lot of people abusing Landorus as expected.

Of course. I expected that too. Landorus's reputation precedes it. Mostly with Choice Scarf, I presume? Chocie items are not quite as useful in Ranked as they are if you're playing with a full team.

Charizard7316

I hear Articuno pretty much every time I taxi over to anywhere in the Crown Tundra with the exception, sometimes, of Freezington. I have never once actually seen it.

There was one time I was going up Snowslide Slope, and I heard it REAL loud, like it was next to me. Still couldn't find it. How long does Articuno remain in the area?

Of course. I expected that too. Landorus's reputation precedes it. Mostly with Choice Scarf, I presume? Chocie items are not quite as useful in Ranked as they are if you're playing with a full team.

Honestly, I don't really know how long Articuno stays in the area. I just tried to hurry up while scanning the horizon/sky. I wish I could be more of a help. I'm sorry!

ShadowForce720

Just in regards to Galarian Articuno it has two spots it’s lands in, one is when your taking the route to go to where the old church where you find one of the horses at Galarian Articuno will be on a cliff to the side keep in mind the cliff is before you enter the cave system to go up the old church.

the other spot it lands on is on the hill where the snow meets the grass near the temple for Registeel. It seems to just go between those two spots.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Honestly, I don't really know how long Articuno stays in the area. I just tried to hurry up while scanning the horizon/sky. I wish I could be more of a help. I'm sorry!

That's fine. Thanks anyway.

Just in regards to Galarian Articuno it has two spots it’s lands in, one is when your taking the route to go to where the old church where you find one of the horses at Galarian Articuno will be on a cliff to the side keep in mind the cliff is before you enter the cave system to go up the old church.

the other spot it lands on is on the hill where the snow meets the grass near the temple for Registeel. It seems to just go between those two spots.

Thanks--I hear the cry the loudest when I taxi up to Calyrex's castle and when I'm just hanging around Snowslide Slope, but I hear it almost everywhere, and it's unnerving.

That also means I went right by it one time and never noticed. I'm so bad at this...

Charizard7316

I’m shiny hunting Regidrago by killing him the 500 times. However, my Pokemon are losing PP. Would I be able to leave his location without messing up the increased shiny odds?

Sorry, I know this is a dumb question, but I’ve never used this method before.

D

Deleted member 384931

Some thoughts:

The story with Calyrex:
-The best out of the three main stories. The greatest amount of lore, but not that long sadly.
The horses know some crappy moves lol.

The Regies exploration:
-Kinda boring tbh and the easiest out of the three.

Galarian birds:
-The hardest pain in the butt. The chasing is annoying enough, let those wild Pokémon stand in your way too! Not much, if no lore.

The UBs:
-Kinda random tbh. I wish there was a real story around them.

Legendary pokemon:
-Nice, with those dynamax adventures. But it gets boring after a while.

Swords of justice:
-Super random that they appear in the Crown of Tundra. The footprint request is as annoying as the Zygarde cells catching quest in SM.

Galar Tournament:
-The Galarian Tournament is a nice idea, but gets boring and it is always the same after a while:

Kabu/Pheony, Mustard/Pheony
Leon/Raihan, Leon/Hop
Hop/Marnie, Marnie/Piers
Bede/Opal Bede/Avery
Where is the creativity in the match-ups?
And when I thought I couldnt get any worse: Sordward and Shieldbert brrr.

Characters:
-Pheony: not boring, but those puns.
-Pheonia: has totally no impact, she doesnt even use Galarian Slowking.

Overall: 6/10

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I keep hearing people say past villain outfits and are in the game, and I haven't seen any proof of it.

Has anyone here seen a Team Skull outfit? Literally all that I need to know.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Wow the galar birds were interesting to catch. Moltres was easy knowing you had to cut it off on the ridge. Articuno was the most troublesome but a YT vid on it made it easy to find it's areas. Zapdos was a bit tricky and i gave it a fitting nickname then gave it a better one: Meep Meep! Lessons with Zapdos made Moltres easier to catch. 3 tries on zapdos and lessons to used marowak lightning rod was rather useful.

I’m shiny hunting Regidrago by killing him the 500 times. However, my Pokemon are losing PP. Would I be able to leave his location without messing up the increased shiny odds?

Sorry, I know this is a dumb question, but I’ve never used this method before.
The so called "Murder" Method doesn't require you to stay in the same location. It's not like chaining in previous generations. The only thing that matters is the amount you've defeated which is displayed in your dex.

Or you can soft reset, which is quicker than defeating it every time but doesn't have increased odds.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Must you catch ALL the Regis to clear the first quest? The newest Regis apparently are exclusive to the 2 different versions.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
No. You only need to catch the original 3 then the new regi of your choice.
Thank you for the reply, I hope it unlocks the new clothing after it's done. I still have many legends to catch in the new raid system but at least the 3 first quests are nearly done. The zygarde cell quest can wait a bit in sword.