• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I think that it possible that a smaller DLC could be released early next year alongside an announcement of DP remakes which seem to be hinted heavily in SwSh. Hear me out before you tell me 5hat I’m wrong and I’ll explain my reasoning for thinking this. Out of every Fossil Pokémon from each region, only Sinnoh’s didn’t return. Chingling is the only Baby Pokémon to be missing and the item necessary to get one via breeding has been in the base game of SwSh since the beginning. A huge number of the remaining Pokémon not in the DLC updates are found in Sinnoh and Sinnoh has the second most missing amount of Pokémon found in its Dex with only Hoenn having a couple more MIA but several are found in both regions.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think that it possible that a smaller DLC could be released early next year alongside an announcement of DP remakes which seem to be hinted heavily in SwSh. Hear me out before you tell me 5hat I’m wrong and I’ll explain my reasoning for thinking this. Out of every Fossil Pokémon from each region, only Sinnoh’s didn’t return. Chingling is the only Baby Pokémon to be missing and the item necessary to get one via breeding has been in the base game of SwSh since the beginning. A huge number of the remaining Pokémon not in the DLC updates are found in Sinnoh and Sinnoh has the second most missing amount of Pokémon found in its Dex with only Hoenn having a couple more MIA but several are found in both regions.
I don't think that there will be any more DLC because of the physical bundle.

Bus

There was some kind of rumor floating around that a new mainline remaster of the pokemon games is coming. Most likely Diamond & Pearl, but there's a chance it could be some sort of Let's Go Johto, too.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
And I'm thinking most likely it's full of hot air. They're looking for clicks and views and know that people are desperate for a new game.

KillerDraco

Rumors can be safely disregarded, but in all likelihood there will be something more in Gen 8, we just don't know what it will be or when. A Pokemon Generation lasts, on average, about 3-4 years. We only just passed the 1-year anniversary of Sword and Shield this month, so we can assume with some degree of certainty that Gen 8 will have something coming in the future.

All we can do is wait.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Considering next year is the 25th anniversary, a "Let's Go Johto" kind of works since GSC included a trip to Kanto and a battle against Red. DP could also work since it was popular and sold well.

Ideally, I'd love a Let's Go-esque game that lets you travel through the regions of "PokéJapan" (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh) while adding the missing "PokéShikoku" via a new area to explore.

That's all wishful thinking though

BCVM22

"A rumor that the next game will either be Sinnoh remakes or Let's Go Johto" is perhaps the most verbose way of saying absolutely nothing worthwhile.

Save for 2015, we've gotten a game every October/November since 2013. One could argue we didn't get a full game this year, but I tend to believe that if we had gotten "Super Sword/Shield" or whatever, that game minus Sword/Shield would have roughly equalled what we got in the Expansion Pack, so I count Isle/Tundra as a "new game" for the purposes of the discussion. And even if someone doesn't agree with that, we did still get new core title material this fall, as opposed to 2015 where we got nothing. Considering all of that, it's not really a reach to say we'll get a new game in fall of 2021. Beyond that, there wouldn't seem to be a ton of value in revisiting Galar again so soon, so the two most likely candidates would be Sinnoh remakes (as Sinnoh is next in line) or a Let's Go Johto game, as LGP/E sold well enough and were reviewed and received well enough to seem to warrant further consideration.

So for a rumor to say that "the next game will either be Sinnoh remakes or Let's Go Johto" is not particularly juicy or predictive. It's taking a logical conclusion and starting a "rumor" that the reality will be a coin flip between two very likely scenarios. If the rumor pusher turns out to be right, they get to say "look, I was right, follow me for more *exclusive* information" solely because they picked heads vs. tails correctly. And if they turn out to be wrong, well, no one ever seems to suffer any consequences (whatever you believe those consequences should be) for pushing false information. They're usually permitted to say "well, plans shift, I trust my sources, keep following me" and keep raking in the retweets and the YouTube views, never mind the fact that plans don't typically "shift" as close as a year ahead of time.

The conclusion? Any "rumors" involving Sinnoh vs. LG Johto, or one over the other, can be safely discarded. As all rumor mongers can, but these especially, because this is where you'll likely see most rumors crystalize as we inch towards late winter/early spring of next year, when we'd be apt to see an official announcement, and the "best" rumors are the most believable ones. Treat these people as you do the supermarket tabloids: gawk at them briefly and then remind yourself that these are not individuals to be taken seriously, and their goal is solely to get engagement. Then move on and pay for your groceries because you're holding up the line.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

I still think Sinnoh remakes are coming soon. There’s way too many hints that indicate that it will happen. Besides Chingling and the Fossils being MIA in the DLC, Spiritomb has a required amount of people you need to talk to while online which is nearly identical to the number necessary to catch it in DP. This is particularly odd as BW2, Kalos, And Alola could have easily used their communication abilities to cause Spiritomb to appear in those games with Joun Avenue and the Friend Plaza being the easiest to make it happen.

KillerDraco

Why does every anniversary need some big game too? The 15th anniversary surely didn't have that.

Because sales.

Hype up a game on an anniversary of what is arguably the biggest video game brand name on the planet, and it's guaranteed to sell a few million copies.

Captain Jigglypuff

Because sales.

Hype up a game on an anniversary of what is arguably the biggest video game brand name on the planet, and it's guaranteed to sell a few million copies.
Anniversary celebration games are also a pretty recent standard within the past decade. It didn’t really start until the Wii Super Mario All Stars Collection was ported to the system and the Four Swords was put up for free in the eShop to celebrate Zelda for a limited time. After that each major anniversary became a huge deal with Nintendo with a few series that played an important role in Nintendo history like Metroid or F-Zero have gone by unnoticed.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
There was some kind of rumor floating around that a new mainline remaster of the pokemon games is coming. Most likely Diamond & Pearl, but there's a chance it could be some sort of Let's Go Johto, too.
And I'm thinking most likely it's full of hot air. They're looking for clicks and views and know that people are desperate for a new game.
Rumors can be safely disregarded, but in all likelihood there will be something more in Gen 8, we just don't know what it will be or when. A Pokemon Generation lasts, on average, about 3-4 years. We only just passed the 1-year anniversary of Sword and Shield this month, so we can assume with some degree of certainty that Gen 8 will have something coming in the future.

All we can do is wait.
I don’t trust the rumors whatsoever, but I feel we could be getting DP remakes next year between the Dynamax adventure features, the lack of Sinnoh fossils, the fact that next year is Sinnoh’s 15th anniversary, & Pokémon’s newly announced collaboration with the international space station.

Captain Jigglypuff

I don’t trust the rumors whatsoever, but I feel we could be getting DP remakes next year between the Dynamax adventure features, the lack of Sinnoh fossils, the fact that next year is Sinnoh’s 15th anniversary, & Pokémon’s newly announced collaboration with the international space station.
Don’t forget about Spiritomb being only catchable if you talk to a certain amount of people online, a majority of the still missing Pokémon having connections to Sinnoh either by originating from there or be found in the Sinnoh Dex.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Don’t forget about Spiritomb being only catchable if you talk to a certain amount of people online, a majority of the still missing Pokémon having connections to Sinnoh either by originating from there or be found in the Sinnoh Dex.
If we do get DP remakes next year, the one thing I’m hoping for is that we’ll get Sinnoh regional variants of Gens 5-8 pokémon (more specifically the ones that still haven’t been coded into SWSH yet to fill in the gaps)

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
The space station thing will have nothing to do with an announcement I can guarantee you this

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
If we do get DP remakes next year, the one thing I’m hoping for is that we’ll get Sinnoh regional variants of Gens 5-8 pokémon (more specifically the ones that still haven’t been coded into SWSH yet to fill in the gaps)

That's what I've wanted to see. The top of my wishlist are Sinnohan Falinks themed on samurai (Fighting/Steel) and a Sinnohan Sinistea/Polteageist themed on green tea in a kyusu (Water/Grass?).

I'd also like to see more Gigantamax forms. I've been having fun imagining what new G-Max Moves there can be and how they'd suit various signature Pokémon:
Player Character, Rival, Flint - Torterra, Infernape, Empoleon - Various (Grass, Fire, Water) - This Pokémon has no weakness until its next move.

Roark - Rampardos - G-Max Ancient Potential (Rock) - All of this Pokémon's stats go up by 1 stage if this move is done three times. Does not affect its partner.
Gardenia - Roserade - G-Max Cleanse (Grass) - Removes all entry hazards and Tailwind on both sides.
Maylene - Lucario - G-Max ??? (Fighting) - Causes flinch if this Pokémon goes ahead of the target. First use only.
Crasher Wake - Floatzel - G-Max Rescue (Status) - Defends both itself and its partner from all Max Moves and G-Max Moves. Runs off the same success counter as Protect, Endure, and other such moves.
Fantina - Drifblim - G-Max Expand (Ghost) - Increases Defense and Sp. Defense by 1 stage. Does not affect its partner.
Byron - Bastiodon - G-Max Diversion (Steel) - Redirects all attacks to itself. Has +2 priority.
Candace - Abomasnow - G-Max Invert (Ice) - Inverts weaknesses and resistances until the end of the next turn.
Volkner - Luxray - G-Max Overdrive (Electric) - In single battles, goes first in its priority bracket. In double battles, partner goes first in its priroity bracket the next turn.

Cyrus - Weavile - G-Max Warp (Dark) - Sets Magic Room.

Aaron - Vespiquen - G-Max Horde (Bug) - Cannot be made "not very effective."
Bertha - Hippowdon - G-Max Brace (Ground) - Until the next move, will survive at 1 HP if it's otherwise knocked out. Has no effect if used on consecutive turns.
Flint - Infernape - See above
Lucian - Bronzong - G-Max Distortion (Psychic) - Sets Trick Room.
Cynthia - Garchomp - G-Max Bite Down (Dragon) - Always deals 50% of the target's total HP, rounded down. Can hit Fairy-types.

Some other various effects that haven't been used yet for G-Max Moves:
  • Sets Wonder Room.
  • Resets all stats, resets all stat drops on user's side, or resets all stat boosts on opponent's side.
  • Copies all stat changes (like Psych Up).
  • Damage is calculated by the target's Attack or Sp. Attack stat.
  • Unaffected by the target's hold items.
  • Removes hold item from the target and its partner.
  • Sets Leech Seed.
  • Sets Sticky Web.

If we do get Sinnoh remakes though, I don't expect any new Gigantamaxes, let alone any of these to be anywhere close to what they actually do.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
That's what I've wanted to see. The top of my wishlist are Sinnohan Falinks themed on samurai (Fighting/Steel) and a Sinnohan Sinistea/Polteageist themed on green tea in a kyusu (Water/Grass?)
Personally, I'm hoping for a Sinnohan Watchog with a big fluffy pelt resembling a fur coat. Not sure about the typing, but I can see it being found somewhere near Snowpoint City as a way to guide people who are lost in the blizzards

Bus

You mean to catch Spiritomb in the Crown Tundra? Because that was true....saying 'online' is a bit generous; its just talking to like 20 avatars (getting Potatoes and other useless items) after finding the gravestone and then heading back there and he'll be floating, waiting.