• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Izaga Region

ZKE

The Izaga/Ashido Region

Well, after seeing some of the really impressive regions here and on deviantART, I decided to start work on one of my own.

So, here's my progress thus far, including the Fakemon of the Izaga Dex.

Izaga Region - Version 3.3, and final.
izaga_region_map__v_3_3_final__by_zedkaleios-d5d2izz.png

'Dex
Descriptions
izaga_dex___full_fakedex__38_71_spots_filled__by_zedkaleios-d5869en.png

Last edited:

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
These sprites are really looking good for thus far.
The colours do fit together good and the designs are original.
But the Tekkubuto's eyes are not good, the eyes don't fit at all with the rest of the body.

Bert

Untitled
Your region map is pretty empty so far (WIP, I know) but it looks a little too smooth to me on the edges, almost like it's an artificial island or something.

Then again, ironically your sprites are a little rough on the edges. The outline has some obsolete pixels and the outline shading could be a little more meticulous as well (more black at some places - like the ant's antlers, less black at others, etc..). Generally it seems like you're cluelessly placing your black outline somewhere to make it look 'real', but you should note that outline has shading laws to follow as well.

That said, the designs are looking really good, and the overall scratching work (minus the - granted, somewhat small - errors I pointed out above) is excellent. I also like how you didn't try to come up with yet another Grass/Fire/Water starter lines (yet?) but instead went with your own ideas. There aren't enough sprites yet to say how innovative your design are or aren't but I'm definitely impressed with what you've shown so far. Although, as a little side remark, I agree with what Sietse23 said about the eyes, they look odd and could do with a rework.

Making a dex is a lot of hard work (hence why I never started a project like that, I'm lazy :p) and I do hope you stick with it because you've got a lot of potential here :).

ZKE

Thank you both very much!

I'll try adjusting the angles of the land on the map the next time I start fiddling with it, and I have touched up the eyes for Tekkubuto along with a couple of slight adjustments, but nothing really focused yet.

I'm mostly aiming to just fill in the Dex now and make proper corrections down the road when I've got a better grasp of Fakemon creation, but please continue to point out any flaws that you see.

I appreciate that Bert :D

Updated the main post with Techibuto and Koriursa.

ZKE

Updated with #008. I'm not entirely satisfied with the design, as it lacks most of what Koriursa has aside from a few basic things(color, rings), but I couldn't get the style to look right when I was monkeying around with it, so this is the (currently) final design.

I might go ahead and revamp it down the road, but at least that's one more completed, phew.

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
Koriorve: I like the idea of this line to start with. It bothers me that the pokemon is so plain, you could maybe give it some fur and small bracelets as Koriursa. The eyes are really goid but this isn't your best work so far.
Koriursa: The left eye is not enough red if you know what I mean. The fur and design are pretty neat. Some points though: The right-for bracelet is too diagonal, the right-back leg, you should see it IMO, and you still have some outline problems.

Other than that the sprites are Awesome (with capital a).
Good work and I love to see more.

Congrats to starting your own region, its a lot of work and im looking forward to seeing future updates. For these first few i like how you used secondary types for starters. Not only that they look very good. I got my own dex project going on too if you would like trading some sprites sometime just contact me. As for the map i agree that its too flat, you can keep the same paths and citys and even general shape, All you need to do is make the edges much more jagged. Hope your project works out for you.

ZKE

Thanks for all the comments, guys :D

I've been busy with a number of alternative things, but I've finally really gotten started on the dex again. I'm working on updating Koriorve's sprite to include at least some thicker fur and a single band around the right frontal leg, and also to touch up Koriursa's errors as well, and will post those versions again once I'm through.

For the meanwhile we have a Scyther pre-evolution as #010 in the main post, and as listed above, I have plans for #11-12 to be up soon as well.

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
Scyler: I think everything is fine except for the outline, on some places you have unnecessarily extra pixels. And you'll need to make the outline lighter where the light comes from. Other than that the only thing I've got to say is that it's pose looks weird IMO. Good luck with your sprites.

ZKE

Sounds good. I'll repose him to be more fitting, perhaps similar to Scyther itself, and go over the pixel errors in the next few days. My attention at the moment is mostly aimed at Houndoom's evolution, #12 in the initial post, and its coming along fairly well.

In the meanwhile, updated the initial post with the redo of Koriorve. Does that touch up some of the problems? I know there aren't any bracelets yet, but I'm still trying to figure out how best to apply them and get the style down.

4/1
And now Hadeond is up. Corrections toward Scyler are looking good, I just need to repose at least one of the arms and then I'll reupload it.

Last edited:

ZKE

Not my proudest work, but Koriub is (for now)done. I'm definitely going to redo him down the road. Scyler's been touched up and reposted, and as noted before, Hadeond is up as well. I like the crimson tones, but the original was done in black, and I may revert it to that also down the road.

NovaStar

█ ▄ █ ▄
this region is ok, but the last 2 could be in the scyther and houndour family

That's because they are.

Anyways, the sprites look fine although you can touch up the outlining a bit since some parts look a little to bright and blends in with the other colors. Keep up with the work!

ZKE

Anything in particular that stands out as "just okay" bobyjoe5000? And yes, the last two are indeed part of the Scyther and Houndour families. I plan to have several expansions on prior lines within the Izaga region.

Thank you, FireFox13 :) Will do in the time ahead.

Scycha is now done and up. Not what I was originally expecting to do with a Scyther evolution, but after a few attempts, this is what was settled on- kind of alien-like in design.

ZKE

Ah, alright.

Updated with the corrupted version of Izagi, the Withered form. I don't know how many fakemon I will eventually create for the region, so for the time being and given that he is meant to be the final number of the 'dex, he is at ???.

Edit: Wow, is it a bad idea to sprite while tired. Looking at the design again with fresher eyes, I've noticed and touched up some of the problems here and there, like incomplete outlines and such. Still not fully confident on the lighting for the left side of the body, but I think it's at least fair overall.

What's funny is that the design steadily changed from the semi-humanoid aspect I envisioned into more of a dragon-esque figure, thus the form separation.

Last edited: