• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Journalist from Another Region! (795)

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Do I have to be the one to ask what the point of TRio was in this?

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
@playerking, you're here!!! I send PM to 5 members because I didn't expect you.

I find suecting that the starters featured in theoster are the kanto ones and the pokemon of the coordinators in his known stage.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Actually the right term would be, ''he won the battle but lost the match''.

It wasn't some BS gag, it was their rule which stated that if the Scallop of a Oshawott or Dewott breaks they get disqualified, which is kind of understandable considering that a Scallop is pretty important to a Oshawott or Dewott and they even had a round to judged and compare those Scallops.

I'm talking about DA and I'm not putting much fuel into it, just saying he won 3 mini tournaments, not saying they are important.

It was a BS rule because the tournament had ended already, Oshawott had the prize already, he beat Dewott but the writers decided to make him look stupid as usual, incredibly Scalchops go back to normal after getting two bandages on them, yeah its not a gag at all...Oshawott won that thing when he beat Dewott end of the discussion, its one of those things where one team gets robbed and we know who the real winner is.

Do I have to be the one to ask what the point of TRio was in this?

None but please don't turn the thread into that...yes just like the Zoroark episode they appeared just to get blown off nothing else.

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Helioptile was just adorable! :p
Anyway, even if that episode was pretty simple, I liked the introduction of Alexa, Gogoat and Helioptile. Can't wait to see the next ones, they sound really good too!

dman_dustin

For what?

BW saga only has around 10 more episodes left. What would be the use of any of Ash's pokemon evolving now (when they didn't evolve for so many episodes).

Its not like May whose Combusken evolving to Blaziken at the end of AG showcased that she has matured and is ready to continue her journey without Ash or Brock.

Officially he only won 2 mini tournaments which is kind of a sad record actually considering that BW saga had quite a few high scale tournaments.

Actually the right term would be, ''he won the battle but lost the match''.

It wasn't some BS gag, it was their rule which stated that if the Scallop of a Oshawott or Dewott breaks they get disqualified, which is kind of understandable considering that a Scallop is pretty important to a Oshawott or Dewott and they even had a round to judged and compare those Scallops.

From what I understood, Oshawott's Scalchop broke because of comic relief, it didn't actually break.

Besides, Oshawott being disqualified because female Oshawott already decided to choose the Dewott.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
I hope Pignite will continue to have that Focus Band on his head whenever Ash calls him out of his Pokéball, it looks both cute and good on him.

Besides, Oshawott being disqualified because female Oshawott already decided to choose the Dewott.
Nope, Oshawott was stripped of his Scalchop King title because his Scalchop broke. Freddy O'Martin stated these are the rules of the tournament.

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
LMFAOing when dragonite lost due to the technicality. I am glad that pansage lost though since Hariyama looked made for sumo wrestling, pignite winning vs go lurk might have been BS to some people, but its far better than the tourney wins of mijumaru, pikachu, snivy, and scraggy.

Last edited:

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I hope Pignite will continue to have that Focus Band on his head whenever Ash calls him out of his Pokéball, it looks both cute and good on him.

Nope, Oshawott was stripped of his Scalchop King title because his Scalchop broke. Freddy O'Martin stated these are the rules of the tournament.

And then it burns up because of Flame Charge. ^^

Hikatoshi26

I looked at the pictures and i must say 3 things... 1. Gogoat is AWESOME looking, Alexa is HOT, and Ash is winning stuff again its late but its nice.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The episode was fine.
Team Rock went back to sucking, that's great. -_-
Gogoat and Heliopitle were cool to see.
Alexa looked well pretty... Lets leave it at that.
Pignite is OP by the power of plot, that Slaking gag had me going. (They really do need a new ability btw.)

dman_dustin

You misunderstood me.

Because Mijuka chose the Dewott over Oshawott, Oshawott's Scalchop broke for the sole purpose of it not staying because it would've been forced to stay. Thus the Scalchop broke and Oshawott was disqualified.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
LMFAOing when dragonite lost due to the technicality. I am glad that pansage lost though since Hariyama looked made for sumo wrestling, pignite winning vs go lurk might have been BS to some people, but its far better than the tourney wins of mijumaru, pikachu, snivy, and scraggy.

Thank you for some appreciation for this win. Pignite deserved that win more than anyone else so I'm glad Ash won. Hopefully the winning cycle continues for him in Kelos.

As far as Alexa goes, it's refreshing to have a cool codts again on the show. I was getting bored with just watching Ash and his lackies do little to nothing. So I hope she stays for a while.

p.s.- I wonder why Excadrill never got a thought in this. It would have been a good choice as well. not only that but we haven't seen the thing do anything in a while.

BlueDragonfangirl

Well, nuts was hoping they'd show off more Pokemon from the next series, from what we saw though they seem pretty cool. Glad Ash won another tournament, LOL at the writers trying to make for Ash's treatment in the early half of the series, hopefully they continue on with that the next series, they don't have to have win every battle or tournament, few wins would do though.
Over all, an ok episode. Next episode kind of looks meh.

XXD17

Draco rex
Oh Alexa, you are as lovely as princess snivy...this alone made the episode...everything else just seemed there to make people think that there's actually a plot or something...