• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Journalist from Another Region! (795)

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
The movie airs in the afternoon on CN.

But what timezone are you? Since your afternoon could be my 7pm. What I'm saying is that the movie/preivew would not affect the regular showing at *:30 as far as I can tell

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This was an ok episode. It was nice to see a couple of the new pokemon. Look forward to seeing more of them.

Vipsoccermaster

Good episode. Great to see the debuts of Alexa, Gogoat, and Helioptile. It was also nice that Ash referenced the Johto Sumo competition, I believe he used Snorlax there. I lol'd when Meowth said, "You guys give me the creeps."

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I loved this episode. It was great seeing some Kalos Pokemon before the end of the saga.
The purple hared guy acts, looks, and sounds like Morrison though.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
A got caught up in my Pokémon Y and forgot to watch this episode :p .

A really nice episode. We began seeing some unfamiliar Pokémon which couldn't even be identified by the Pokédex and we then meet Alexa which seems a very informative and fun character. The main part of the episode was the sumo competition and it just goes to show that the most obvious doesn't necessarily predict the outcome.

Good episode, looking forward to the next one.

NPT

Just a member
This episode aired on 12th October, the same day the 6th gen games came out. I have to say, TPCI really timed this episode well. As for the episode, It's great! In fact, this is one of my favorite BW episodes. This is the third non-filler Decolore episode, because two major events happend in it.
Alexa, a journalist from the Kalos region, debuted in this episode.
I really liked her personality in this episode, it cool how she collects data about various Pokémon-related things. It's great too see Helioptile and Gogoat too, Helioptile's Parabolic Charge animation was awesome! I liked how it recharged Alexa's video camera.
The Sumo Tournament was awesome as well. Pignite got some screentime in this episode, he was the perfect Pokémon for the Sumo Tournament. I laughed out loud when Oshawott came out of Pokémon for fighting in Sumo Tournament instead of Pignite, but when he saw Golurk.....he refused to battle. *Sigh* Oshawott, I hope you'll not come out of your Pokéball in wrong times again after this.
Ash brought up the Johto Sumo Competition, it's cool to see how the writers are trying to bring back the continuity. I think this episode would do fine without Team Rocket, all they did was hogging screentime(thank goodness their appearance was minor in this episode)and getting blasted off. I liked the little rivalry between Ash and Rodney, both of them were really determined to win the Tournament. For some reason, Rodney's dub voice sounded awfully familier to me. It sounded a lot like Morrison's English voice. Oh well, it fits him.
Ash, who had to lose three tournaments in Unova.....finally won a major tournament(I don't know if the Marine Cup Tournament was a major tournament)! I'm glad he got the Focus Band, as well as the rare 'berries'(fruits?). It's nice of Ash to give some 'berries' to other people, but I'm sure Ash put most the berries in his backpack(which he should). Alexa joining Ash and others was great.

As for the dub......I really liked Alexa's English voice. It's perfect and it really suits her. Helioptile's voice was okay great too! Sarah Natochenny did a very good job voicing Ash in this episode.

Music Kept: (5)
  • BW Title Card Theme 2
  • Unity Tower
  • The music that plays when Iris' Dragonite battles Beartic
  • The music that plays when Pignite and Golurk starts fighting
  • Movie 12 BGM - Farewell, Children of the Future

This time TPCI kept one of my favorite movie 12 BGMs. It's the music when Ash and his friends were handing out the 'berries' to the crowd, It's a really nice background music. I happy that TPCI kept that piece in this episode. I hope they will keep the good japanese BGMs in the future episodes.

It was a solid dub episode and I'm looking forward to watch the next dub episode. On a side not, Cartoon Network aired the correct opening this time, I hope won't lost track of the openings again. The N opening isn't suitable for the Decolore episodes anyway.

Last edited:
This is what I missed about Sinnoh.
Seeing characters and Pokemon from the new region/generation make appearances in the remaining episodes of the generation before it. :)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I like Alexa, she's nice and chipper. I'm glad she's likable since I know I'll be seeing her throughout Kalos too, so that's a plus. I'm not so sure about the bad guy in this episode, though, he was like Morrison's (season eight) evil twin brother, LOL. I'm pretty sure that had to be Morrison's voice actor too. Too bad Iris got screwed in the sumo competition, but at least Ash won. And at least they mentioned the previous sumo competition from season four.

7/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Yay we got the anime debuts of Alexa, Helioptile and Gogoat here. It was interesting to hear about her job and all the things she witnessed. Meowth's Golem disguise was priceless and I'm glad Ash won the tourney. :]

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
So Alexa came to Decolore simply to market/hype/promote X and Y. I didn't think she was required so soon, though. She should've debuted in Kalos instead of being shoved down our throats in BW far in advance. :/

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pansy being a journalist from Kalos seemed like a way to get Satoshi interested in going there himself, and I was quite fond of Pansy's Erikiteru. The Pokemon Sumo competition that was happening here was fantastic because we got to see Chaoboo defeat a Golugh. Satoshi splitting his apple with Yukiya was nice, too.

Alloutℯ

Banned
So the sumo competition is based on a legend about fighting over food that destroyed the land, which was ended when a little boy suggested they share. Ash and What's-His-Face started their fighting over food, so I guess it was appropriate for them to end it by sharing.

Team Rocket were so weak and pathetic in this filler: even in most DP episodes they put up a better fight than here. How anyone can think they were funny or useful is beyond me.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Pokemon Sumo competition was similar to the one that Satoshi won in Jouto with Kabigon, so much so that I would've been ecstatic if he had called Okido-hakase and brought Kabigon to compete in this episode.

Daizy

I call you honey
For an episode debuting new Kalos Pokemon, the episode barely featured Gogoat and Helioptile. And seriously why didn't Cilan use his Crustle. It's weak against Fighting types, but could have done more than Pansage.

Hi Alexa thank you for bringing Ash to Kalos to reunite his future wife
HELIOPTILE AND GOGOAT BABIES