1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Junior Cup, Site of Partings and Encounters! (754)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Rival Destinies' started by Serebii, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Pokemaniac24

Pokemaniac24 Banned

There is a break next week.

2. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

Curses! I was foiled.

3. Pokemaniac24

Pokemaniac24 Banned

It's going to be painful. No new Pokémon or TMNT next week! Well, maybe I could sleep in next Saturday XD

4. the1stpkmnfan

the1stpkmnfan Your Big Buff Bro

Also, Japan gets a 3 week break from Pokemon at this current time. That's gotta be more painful.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  5. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

It's only 2 weeks.

6. Everlasting

Everlasting Everything stays.

"Cameron" !? Ahw man, how would I be able to remember it ? I knew him by "Kotetsu" right now..
    Oh well, very great episode, I was a little bit crying since Dawn is never going to appear again (just like May) and the battle of Quilava against Pikachu was just awesome !

7. AuraChannelerChris

What rubbish. Cynthia, like the pimp she is, stopped the battle. I wanted to see one of them fall down.

8. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

Great episode. Trip may have lost the battle to Alder, but it is nice to see him less arrogant. The battle between Ash and Dawn was great, but yeah, no official winner. It'll be sad to see Dawn leave, though. Cameron is all right, a bit tolerable, but he is really forgettable.

9. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

I wanted it to be Pikachu.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  10. Dragalge

Dragalge Arctozolt

And that's on my birthday, why writers?:(

11. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

Probably because of the holidays. Unfortunately, I think this is normal, as they did it last year.

12. Dragalge

Dragalge Arctozolt

That's true, they all need there holiday breaks at some point.

13. EmphaticPikachu

EmphaticPikachu A tired little girl~

a "Non"training battle...they were honestly showing off in the mamoswine VS pignite. lol (though i admit this one never finished...I don't think they ever had a SERIOUS battle. One that was non training. One to win...like truly win in a serious way.)

D-Dawn...I don't even want to watch it..;________;...But I will force myself to go through all of the feels...I never wanted this day to come! DX

At least let them not change the music...please don't change the music. ;__________;

Jerimiyah likes this.
  14. the1stpkmnfan

the1stpkmnfan Your Big Buff Bro

I also wonder if we're going to get another few week break between these two seasons, Rival Destinies and Adventures in Unova, before the AiU starts up. Just like it took a month in between Season 14 (BW) and 15 (RD) before it aired.

Or instead, we have the new season starting right from the get go. :p

Jerimiyah likes this.
  15. R?IDDl3R

R?IDDl3R ace trainer

one of my favorites for sure! alder really gave some advice to trip after he destroyed him... georgia and burgundy are getting a bit more friendly i see :) , and ugggh dawns left again :"( :( :( :( , but we may see her again sometime in the future :) , hope she does good in the wallace cup :D , and this cameran dude really made the emotions of dawn leaving go away and making it a funny ending :)

Jerimiyah likes this.
  16. KingMinun

KingMinun Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

And so it ends. I've enjoyed watching episodes again as soon as they air, felt nostalgic and reminded me of the DP days, so Dawn and Piplup have departed, fairplay to her, she always seems to have a good sending off, she had a fantastic one in Memories are made of Bliss, and now she had another good one, was nice to see Ash, Iris and Cilan get sad that she had to leave, but was great that Ash remembered the Wallace Cup. Watching Ash and Dawn battle......it really felt like full circle for me, thinking back to how she began her journey, with Piplup and helping save Pikachu, not having a clue what she was doing, and yet here she is, fighting her best friend in a battle that was filled with epic countering showing just how well they know each other, I'm glad that Cynthia called it a draw, neither of them deserved to lose, they both put up a great fight. Disappointed they didn't keep the original japanese music in Dawn's leaving scene where they played "Friends Anniversary", but it still sounded very similar. Even though she didn't do much, it was great to have her back for a while and interact with new characters like Iris, Cilan, Trip, Burgundy, Georgia and now Cameron. She sure has had luck in meeting Ash's rivals, Gary, Paul, Barry, and now Trip and Cameron. But now her time is up for now, I really don't think this is the last we'll see of Dawn, yeah I may come off as biased because I'm a Dawn fan boy but she owns Piplup, and for that reason, I see her making more appearances in the future, and so I look forward to tuning in for her next episode. Now if only they would dub her special.

17. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

I think its really bizarre they didn't showcase all of Dawn's Pokemon.

That Togekiss really did serve little to no actual purpose on Dawn's team. I just wish Ambipom returned and that Togekiss could have stayed with that princess.

18. RVD_fan

RVD_fan Well-Known Member

Not huge on how they casted Cameron. I know a lot of characters in Pokemon are voiced a lot older than they're supposed to be, like Paul, Trip, and Bianca, but unlike them Cameron could actually pass for a ten year old, and they've given him kind of a twenty-five year old 'dude' voice. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Credit to the dub, I thought they handled the battle and conversation with Trip well.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  19. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

Yeah I have the same thoughts on the dub. Cameron sounded weird.

20. AuraChannelerChris

Goes on to say we'll never find many VAs that are around ten.